SUNSHINE today! Shining through the window above the piano - autumn tree in the background. Colors!
In the yard every thing looks amazing in the sunshine, it is happy making every time.
Everyone seems friendlier, I have not had Squirrel come right up to my foot like this since Pants died. He was the most friendly, came in and sat right down or jumped into the ficus to relax.
She lives next door with the two little girls. Ernie is such a good girl. Loves a good scritch, and having a poo in our yard.Our compost is of special interest though there is nothing there for her. Tomatoes and egg shells are not really worth the sniff, but sniff she does and wag- I do love Ernie. The best part is that she lives next door.
The bouquet of trees across the street in the sunshine are like a celebration all by themselves! What a nice planting.
Speaking of celebration- today is Orphan appreciation day, invented by Maple, to honor the best orphan of all, Juanita May, the most darling.
Her father died as a result of a horse's hoof meeting with his head when she was five , her mother died in childbirth when she was ten or eleven. She did not go to an orphanage but stayed here and there with old aunties and grannies, having run away from a bad man who claimed to be her loving step father- he was not.
She never spoke of her childhood- I found information from other folks in the family. Mom did not want to make us sad so she just never said. Her story would have undone us I am sure, so - smart mom to keep it to herself. My orphan fixation has a source.
Stella made the tea party table, there are vegetables added because vegetables give you super powers.
Cake is also effective.
After the tea and festivities and a quick speech by Nat honoring Little Juanita , it is library time. Nat reckons it might be a delicious idea to eat a cookbook.
Marden loves her Sarah knit red socks! Rubbing the face of another with said red sock is part of the ceremony. They wait patiently in line for the special red sock rub.










Happy Orphan Day. We are all orphans eventually.
ReplyDeleteSome more orphany than others.
DeleteHappy Orphan Day. I love seeing Ernie. What a cute doggie neighbor she is. Fall is still happening there in such a lovely way. Enjoy every beautiful moment of it.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Robin, Glorious day here! It was NOT warm- but who can complain when there is a bright sun on beautiful trees? Ernie is a sweet girl!
DeleteI told my darling Orphan today that I am sorry she has not yet seen an alligator. Poor thing. She thought life was going to be so much more exciting than it truly is in Florida BUT she does love the warmth and the occasional sip of a martini although Nurse disapproves. I think though that Nurse is just jealous. You should see her eat sourdough with butter!
ReplyDeleteJuanita May. May she be blessed unto eternity.
Tilly is dressed for the weather there, at least there is that! She likes Dorothy Ann quite a bit , she thinks Nurse is a bit bossy. Juanita May, yes- into eternity. Sweetest person that ever traveled through this life!
DeleteIt looked bright enough out my window this morning, but on second thought I stopped at the closet and put on my new Anorak. A good move; it was dismal cool out in the sunshine. In addition, I took my walker, not my two canes to the post office. People opened every door.
ReplyDeletePeople can be nice after all! Glad you got out and about in the cold crisp air, good thinking to grab your NEW Anorak!
DeleteI did not know it was orphan appreciation day! Mine certainly appreciate Sarah's knitted socks! Ernie looks like a sweetie. I love the tree arrangement too. Sunny days are always welcome, the heat of summer, not so much.
ReplyDeleteThe heat of summer- you are headed in that direction- while we up in the north are planning how to layer so that ever item of clothing can be worn all at once.
DeleteYour orphans are most darling and certainly decked out for Appreciation Day! And I can see why you love Ernie! Neighbor dogs can be great. I still miss Rosie (the dog on the south, versus Rosie the neighbor on the north who is still there). Her owner was great but Rosie -- she was special!
ReplyDeleteDogs and cows are just the best people! I've never met one I did not love. Rosie seems a popular name! The dog, one of them , that son lives with is named Rosie.She looks like Olga's sister.
DeleteThe sun came out here too, a rarity at this time of year! Neighbor dogs are optimal -- all the attention with none of the responsibility. :)
ReplyDeleteNo vet bills, no worries, no walking the dog at midnight- it is good!
DeleteIt's good that you got some warming sunshine to brighten things up. A walk is always a good idea.
ReplyDeleteWalking where you live, in the winter must be a slice of healthy heaven.
DeleteThe Orphans made me cry a little bit,
ReplyDeleteso I need my face rubbed with the magic sock too.
Luckily I have some Sarah Socks too, though not the magic red one.
Juanita May has the sweetness of the sweetest of the orphans. I am glad she had a doll to hold onto---or is that two? one in her hand?
Juanita May did have a dolly - and she had a dog named Tubby, but she could not take the Tubby with her.
DeleteEveryone really ought to have magic Sarah socks - they absorb all woes.