My Blog List

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Random shite


I got a wife at home and she hates me...These guys!


From the New Yorker:

The Northern Boys Capture Modern Britain

The Queen died. The pound cratered. Three Prime Ministers in a year. Who better to capture the dismal mood in England than a group of pale, retirement-age gents who perform absolutely vile and hilarious U.K.-drill-style hip-hop? The video for the Northern Boys song “Party Time”—which features the members Norman Pain and Patrick Karneigh, Jr., rapping about taking pills, living in squalor, and doing unmentionable things to “the salsa dip on a Taco Tuesday”—became a surprise viral hit. “It’s party time, get your drugs out,” they sing in the chorus. “Do you want to make love to a sad old man?” It might all just have been a gag, if the rage and despair weren’t quite so profound—and the song weren’t so damn catchy.

-0-
 
 
Toys Recreate Art week end-
Hieronymus Bosch
Dutch painter, suggested by Fresca's friend, Bink. Go HERE.
It is a random sort of day here. I made Swedish meat balls to freeze for
Christmas, I ate enormous grapes for breakfast and I have clicked the PAY button far too often during the damned Black Friday sale- they make it too easy and target people like me , who are spontaneous and dim. 
 That is a dime by the grapes for perspective-
Just when you may be thinking that maybe eating Frankenfruit is not wise NPR offers an explanation for the "how" of giant fruit. The "why" we already know- we are Americans...we like big.
This is the day outside my window- it is just as cold, wet, and windy as it looks.
 
 
So- here is some color for you! Keeka in Morocco, You know - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chefchaouen The same one I got kicked out of back in the day because I was traveling with a stoner. He fell for the trap of "You want  hashish?"

I nicked this shot from Keeka's Instagram- I can still get there using my husbands account. The colors!! Gorgeous! And this is her new jacket she bought when she returned to Seattle.

I remember this style back in the hippie days, I had one, of course I did! Everything old is new again has never been more true in fashion.

Now we just have to love the one you're with and give peace a chance- if that makes a comeback, that would be good.

13 comments:

  1. Your Bosch orphan is frikkin gee-nuts, Linda Sue. I GUFFAWED!
    Omg, your solution for making an egg being---with fat babies falling out...
    I didn't even dare attempt one of Bosch's beings, I just made hats. (Very nice hats--the girlettes love them.)
    But not to compare:
    All entries in Boschworld are fantabulous and welcome!!!
    Speaking of hats--your pomegranate bobble hat is so funny and great---is it a stabby felt creation?
    Funny to think Bosch wouldn't have known about dinosaurs, much less rubber ones. He would approve. :)
    Thank you for the lift!

    Keeka is very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I love to look closely and think about why people choose what in these re-creations. I just realized the orphan's dress is the color of the Egg Man!

      Delete
    2. Love the outfits, the hats - wonderful and all from your kitchen drawer?
      I have not seen anyone else's except yours. And that takes the whole pie, Girlettes very pleased.
      I felted the bobble thing- it was inside a big podflower that I felted around a stone and it fit Orphan pretty well.

      Delete
    3. Yup, all from my kitchen or desk... Will have to transfer salt and ground coffee to other containers now! :)
      I hope other people will make some too--I'm sure bink will, but who knows who else.
      I jumped the gun and posted today instead of tomorrow-- the date I'd set.

      I wonder if I chose another easy & super famous one, like the first one--Girl with Pearl Earring-- more people might join in?
      But the girlettes say they don't want to do any of those Top Twenty ones, like the Mona Lisa and American Gothic. They dance around and chant "BOR-ing, Bor-ING".
      (And I have to agree...)

      Delete
    4. P.S. Orphan heads are podflower sized? Ah, good to know.

      Delete
  2. Fuckin' 'ell, indeed! Those are some lively old boys!
    You and Fresca are blowing me away with these toys-as-paintings. You are so creative and it's all so joyful. Love it intensely.
    And those colors in Keeka's Instagram. I have no idea who Keeka is but I love her spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeka is Jessica, grand daughter, the one who bought the little trailer- the girl gets around!
      Glad you are enjoying the Toys recreating art- Join us it is silly good fun.

      Delete
  3. That jacket not only is fabulous, it is the style we used to make all our clothing back in the 80's and 90's--a box. Minimal, minimal shaping, just the obligatory curve around the neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, never was my favorite style but I have many box shaped jackets and i wear them !

      Delete
  4. I love the jacket and skirt! Morrocco is so blue, are there other colours on other buildings? The orphan is great and the tiny babies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chefchaouen's blue walls are a popular subject of interest. There are several theories as to why the walls were painted blue. One popular theory is that the blue keeps mosquitos away. The blue is said to symbolize the sky and heaven, and serve as a reminder to lead a spiritual life.[34] However, according to some locals, the walls were mandated to be painted blue in the 1970s in order to attract tourists.---from Wikipedia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Morocco but probably never will. Love the jacket. Some old things need to be new again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ellen GO pack your bag and just GO, You of all people would love Morocco- it is a feast for the eyes-
      AND it is warm and affordable!!! The food is exceptional. GO!!!

      Delete