This morning , photos taken with the new IPad...close ups are quite good but far away is pixilated-ish. Anyway, it will be good for travel , slow but adequate. The snow flakes are multi flake, hooking on to one another making HUGE flakes the size of fifty cent pieces.And this is what is happening indoors, a new bloom taken with IPAD camera. Pretty good- good enough.
I am never quite sure what to make of people who claim to have special "seeing" abilities. Immediately my brain blocks them- "wacko charlatan" and I give a wide berth. So, the woman I met at the Scandinavian fair reckoned things about me , though we had not had a conversation, just standing in line... Out of the blue, big smile on her face she claimed that my mother was very close and that she was with me during some recent trauma - I could not think of any "trauma" off the bat, so I just said "Hmmm."
I gave no indication that I had had surgery- how would she know- then, on my way back home , I put the visor down to block the sun , it has a mirror on it which pointed directly to my messed up neck. The scar is becoming very visible and the flesh around it has succumbed to gravity , cut muscles during the surgery has made my neck look like wadded up nylon stockings that got too close to a flame. Of course-Obvious! I think that folks who consider themselves as "special seers" are simply hyper observant...confident and bold enough to speak it. That said, how did she know that the surgery episode felt like all encompassing love and well being for a few seconds lifted me right out of this mortal coil, and put me on the road outta here- feeling fabulous! Is that what folks mean when they have near death brain activity that feels like the most glorious light which corporal body melds into and becomes all twinkly? Dunno, I mean Opium does not even hold a candle to that high ! Hospital drugs are mighty fine but not that good! It was very brief . When I landed back in bed "mother" was my thought, as well as "I want to do that some more, please! Kill me now!"....I thought. If that is dying , oh boy, what a treat! And was George Floyd seeing his Mama when he called out to her? Probably....
Anyway, I liked this woman immediately, A sweet happy kind person. We shopped together , appreciating all of the same things enthusiastically. She was like a comfortable bedroom slipper , like an old friend. That in itself is interesting as I generally avoid getting chummy, especially with a stranger! We talked for about an hour and a half after I walked her to her car so that she could show me some little pewter objects she bought earlier in the day. Truly it was like catching up with a pal I had not seen for awhile. She reckoned it nothing particularly odd that her experiences are well, ODD. . It just is but she said that she was nudged toward me by something other. Ok, well- whatever, "nice to have met you. Stay well." She gave me her number and said to call sometime, I said "sure"...won't but that was nice of her and the universe "nudge"....maybe. Who the Fug knows, anything can be true , anything can be "I WANT to believe"- and as false as a big daddy in the sky. We know nothing.
Perhaps people who observe so well are just really good readers. I met a good reader and it was -good.
-0-
And this just in- Barbie Jeep Racing.
To compete in this sport, you’ll need steely nerves, plastic wheels, a steep hillside and a refusal to grow up.
“Barbie jeep racing” has gained popularity as a zany offshoot of offroad festivals in several states. A Wyoming powersports dealer said he’s eager to bring the semi-insane pseudo-sport to the Cowboy State.




Well, I tookalook at the Barbie Jeep Racing. Those cowboys sure know how to have a good time. I wonder if any of those fellows were concussed enough to see mama.
ReplyDeleteCowboys are always concussed I reckon.
DeleteI'm very glad you met that person and had a wonderful day. Perhaps she has a soul who once knew your soul in times long past.
ReplyDeleteBarbie Jeep Racing?
Rather doubt it but who knows. Yes, Barbie Jeeps are made for three year old girls so how they can haul a grown man down hill is a mystery.
DeleteWell, I'm glad you had a good conversation with her and glad it was a remarkable experience to meet her, even though I too am very skeptical of anyone's special powers! Close observation, as you said, is probably what makes her so all-seeing.
ReplyDeleteYes I think so. Observational skills give magicians clues- body language, facial expressions, all of that lead the "see-er" - as well as agreement of the see-ee. The "I want to believe" person can be taken advantage of.
Delete"near death brain activity that feels like the most glorious light which corporal body melds into and becomes all twinkly"?
ReplyDeleteSign me up!
I hope I get to feel that when I'm dying.
Surgery made me feel better about dying in a different way:
the utter NONbeing of anesthesia--no fear, no pain, because no thing (no me). Easy peasy!
What a nice encounter with a stranger.
(I bet if you told people their mother was with them in a recent trauma, a large percent of them would find a meaningful fit for that. That's not to say she's a charlatan! She sounds very caring.)
Your iPad does good with big snow! We're due for some this week too.
The flakes were all huddled together in globs. Melted quickly. Yes I think that she was a sincere person and possibly impressed others with her seeing ability, so thinks it is a special gift, I don[t know but I have know others who are like that and use it to their advantage. $$$
DeleteWell, perhaps some people are good seers. There is much that science does not know yet. But let me say that if someone told me that she could see that my mother was very close I'd probably tell them to fuck off.
ReplyDeleteI think your iPad pictures are amazing! Excellent in fact! Of course the eye behind the camera has a lot to do with it and your eye is a very good one in that regard, at least.
And maybe yes- you have made a new friend. That would be terrific.
hahaha well, that was your Mom. Not the best mom in the world!
DeleteGetting used to this new device- it is never easy for me, my brain just does not work well with tech.It is a dandy little thing but the photos are weird- to my eye anyway.
I have not made a new friend- nope.
It seems to me that the universe was giving you a new friend. Don't be so quick to reject her. There are things in this universe that our science does not understand or even recognise or rejects completely. My sister can see ghosts. I know she isn't a wacko.
ReplyDeleteShe is moving to Canada so Adios. She explained to me that the "veil" is thin between this perception of life and perception of death, like they are one and the same just that we , in this, life, are thick. HAHA, except for your sister.
DeleteWhat is death but the other side of birth. Birth here is death there, death here is birth there. Maybe. Who knows.
DeleteWhat in intriguing encounter! Mom? Mediums - the ones who claim to speak to the dead, right?
ReplyDeleteBut, hold the phone, I don't remember you having neck surgery. What'd I miss? Dying sounds wonderful.
well, see that's the deal surgery was in 2017 and it was traumatic but long ago by my standards of long ago..I came really close to checking out from this hotel! Yes my MOM, she always feels close to me, sometimes within reach but she died even longer ago.
DeleteThe detail in the snowflakes is amazing.
ReplyDelete