https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20221102-how-a-sand-battery-could-transform-clean-energy
Maple from the front door this morning , waiting for the postal carrier to deliver Christmas lights I had ordered. They were delivered and they are Screaming bright, I will not use them - I would if I lived on a mountain top to warn low flying planes but for Christmas lights ? Blinding!
Autumn is still being colorful, getting a bit chilly but not terribly. Looks like our area will escape the ridiculously cold winter that will be coming- the southern hemisphere will also be unseasonably chilly.
The eruption in Tonga sent the volcanic plume ,with way too much water ,way up into the stratosphere to the mesosphere which has never been observed or recorded before. The stratosphere does not mingle so all of that water and ash stays. North Atlantic oscillation will make the winter very much colder than usual for Northern Europe and the Great Lakes area of the USA.
Great, freezing England just when a recession is announced and oil prices are through the roof. I think that I will postpone travel to London for a while. It's always something. I thought I might bop over when Charlie gets crowned but ewww- Charlie . The royals have lost their pizazz. Besides Charlie was friends with Peter Ball, that should really clinch the deal! (Nasty Church of
England and a Charles who makes very bad decisions, pretty much consistently.)
Looks like Florida might get unusually cold also. Send cashmere and heated socks to Mary Moon !
Anyway, the weather man did say that nothing like this has ever been recorded before so this is scientific guesses- the volcano so huge and straight up powerful. Just the earth taking care of business I reckon. So bundle up if you live in the blue areas on the map. Get ready just in case the weather man's science is right.
-0-
The building on the left lost its back end, down the hillside, gravity took it. That's the thing about gravity.
Ask my face.
That was the building where the framer had her business, lucky for her she could move next door until the building is rebuilt. Fourth
Corner Frames, in case you want to know - she knows her stuff!




Yes. I will take all of the cashmere I can get. I haven't found a single thread of it while thrifting in forever. I suppose I am resigned to order some sweaters off of e-bay.
ReplyDeleteWAIT- Stop in the name of LOVE- I will send a couple that I have been meaning to send. Hopefully before the cold hits you like a hammer
DeleteWhy is cashmere warmer than anything else?
DeleteIt's been warm, sunny, and dry here too. Temps in the 50s and expected to go into the 60s over the weekend. We may get rain some time next week. You have beautiful fall colors there. This season has really been so lovely. I do hope Ms Moon stays nice and warm and cozy!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea tht the volcano was so impactful weatherwise but there you go. leaning stuff every day.
DeleteI'd not heard of the volcanic eruption spilling water in the stratosphere. We'll see what happens! I used to think it would be "cool" to be at an arctic research station. Now that winter's moving in, I'm glad I'm not!
ReplyDeleteyou could be in France...looks like same weather! That might be do-able.
DeleteI'm glad I don't live in the blue areas, it's already way too cold here in Australia. Children born this year will grow up thinking this is normal and won't believe stories we oldies tell of scorching heat waves for six months of the year.
ReplyDeleteStories of a Tonga volcano to add to the children's perceptions of what is normal summer. Curious about the volcano!
Delete"Maple from the front door this morning , waiting for the postal carrier"--beautiful tree... but I as the photo was loading (slow computer in the morning--cold, I guess)... I was expecting to see Maple the doll waiting for the mail!
ReplyDeleteToo bad the lights are so bright.
maple was too short to be in the photo, she was a bit miffed.
DeleteShit, that blue has creeped my way. The Farmer's Almanack said we were going to have a mild wet winter.
ReplyDeleteThe Farmers were not aware of the Tonga explosion.
DeleteWhen Mount Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines June 15, 1991, the weather the next year was record cold -- all year here in Idaho. No summer,; snow on July 4 parade; nothing grew in the garden but carrots and turnips. In April of 1815, Mount Tambora exploded in a powerful eruption that killed tens of thousands of people on the Indonesian island of Sumbawa. The following year became known as the “year without a summer” when unusually cold, wet conditions swept across Europe and North America. Caused a lot of New Englanders to give up farming there and to move west.
ReplyDeleteWe are just fleas living on a big round rock thinking we can control stuff. Nope, not much.
Mount Tambora WOW, Glad I missed that one- a friend told me that Yellowstone is building an impressive dome...when she blows I will see you on the other side! We are tinier than fleas and we are not running this show, the only thing I can control is how many sweaters I can wear at one time. Today I am wearing only three.
DeleteWell, if it's Tonga, it's not wasting any time making it to the Great Lakes. We are getting the snow AND the cold. Last night we were watching the holiday parade on TV and it was snowing and blowing like crazy. We are a mile or two direct East and barely got a dusting. Go figure. Too early, in my book!
ReplyDeletebundle up, Jeanie!
DeleteWow, I hadn't heard any of this about the Tonga volcano OR our anticipated cold winter. Geez, what next? I hope it doesn't get so cold our plants can't cope in the shed. It's pretty damp and bleak here right now but not yet particularly cold.
ReplyDeleteaccording to blue area on the map, the UK will be in line for a mighty cold winter. Bundle up the trees that you love bring in as many as you are able. I will just start fresh next spring because there is nothing that can not be replaced really,
Delete