My Blog List

Saturday, October 15, 2022

plasticine hobo, gifts from the best folks ever, another glorious day in the PNW

While watching "Born for  Hard Luck" , from Orange Crate's post on Friday, I had a wad of plasticine to fondle. 

Clay is soothing , relaxing,  while watching the  DOC  about a rascal extraordinary hobo, Peg Leg Sam, back in the day,  it pinched and molded itself from a wad into half a hobo . 


Mindlessly, like blind drawing,  brain on hold as hands  fiddle around.  Never know, it could have easily been a dog or a pony. It is in wad form again - potential to be something else.

I love that about plasticine.

 

 

-0-

Mr. postman came to day with two magnificent gifts from two magnificent persons! My oldest and dearest sister friend since we were three years old- sent a book, The Sun ,and a letter- a REAL letter! I wish that she would blog , her writing is delicious! She also sent a dolly for Maple and a belt, which of course is worn where it does the most good. The buckle reflects light- Maple can use the reflection to look for things lost, she claims.


 

Mr. Postman, whose name is Scott, is our favorite man in uniform , helpful , considerate , brings our mail to our front door!  Rings the bell and waits  patiently- hands us our mail like it is the best present  we will ever get ,even if it is just bills and advertising -with a big  smile and cheer and "have a great day."

Francesca, of Girlette fame, sent three  adorable stuffin's for the three that live here. It's a love fest! stuffed animals do have a lot of love and comfort to offer, you know.




 PLUS a bonus
 Pom Poms and game cards, the raccoon is  ACE! I am  pleased that everyone is happy, toys for toys- in  my  glad world. May as well NOT adult these days- so called adults just get the world into deeper trouble.  I just toddle on  in my  toddly way-   waiting for old age to strike me dead.  If they find me lying on the floor, they will probably search for the child that must live here as well. It will be a mystery to keep them busy  for days, years, maybe!

Hard luck plasticine... fell off a train, lost arms and legs but not his brain. Kept  it in his hat- and that is that. Watch the DOC , if you have time, it is worthy and short. That man did have some troubles, oh yes he did, but he took it all in stride on his fence post leg.






12 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts! Stuffies for the stuffies, a dolly for a dolly. Lots of love there. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, Blogger is messing with me- I can not comment on your blogs and it has been removed from my blog roll (?) Blogger needs to snap out of it! Anyway, sorry - I tried to comment on your blog today -about your birds- sad about the disease...

      Delete
    2. Nothing to be done about the disease, it is widespread throughout the wild flocks in the country, but only affects the large birds of the parrot family.

      Delete
  2. The gifts are all perfect and I am glad that Mable has figured out how best to wear a belt- god knows I never could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maple is usually clever, yes she is. Belts are not for middles - they are like bras, unwearable!

      Delete
  3. I never took to plasticine, it was always hard as a rock, took too long to warm into usability. I guess it was just the old block I had, gray, not that creamy color of your which obviously is softer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white plasticine is very hard - it gives after a few kneads. I have hot hands. Good circulation I reckon.

      Delete
  4. Nice hobo! He looks the part! Your issue of "The Sun" is clearly not the British variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly NOT!! You would enjoy the SUN here, it is full of excellent writing, no ads!

      Delete
  5. LOVED plasticine ever since I was handed a lump in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My last time playing with clay was play-doh with the grands. Not quite the same! You'll have to let us know what you think of the book -- I loved his "Gentleman In Moscow".

    ReplyDelete