After second breakfast, the orphans decide to go bare back riding through the yard. Nat, ever the teacher, instructed that that was not what "bareback " meant- Nice day for it- time now for Elevenses.
-0-
They read the paper , deciding that all parents are not bad... even when they say "our bad".
Dennis went to Cost co...another gadget that we do not need taking up valuable space in our postage stamp kitchen , but whatchagonnado...Ms. Mary Moon has one of these things and seems to like it BUT she could cook a magnificent meal over a match if needed- she is that good.
Dennis does not cook, he "heats" we have a micro wave for that.
It looks to me like a grown up version of Easy Bake, same principle - light bulb heat- air heat...We watched a demo on youtube- a guy "cooking" but his cuisine was mostly pre made food and nothing that a person with diabetes 2 should ingest. Anyway- I am not enchanted , at all- just another gadget that will find it's way to the garage or to our son's house eventually. Pretty sure. Plus it is coated with Teflon, hello cancer! So, it is out on the deck "curing" with olive oil to prevent the Teflon from escaping. Whatever, we have a great stove and a toaster and a micro wave , don't think we need an Easy Bake.
-0-
We heard from Son in Portland who finally got a mediation arranged with his attorney and a judge- decision will maybe be made on Tuesday. Portland is so effed up. Nazi nation! Speaking of, Rachel Maddow's podcast, ULTRA, is excellent re: the year 1940 and a plane that crashed with some suspicious people on board...history repeats, they say.
This is the Queen, the only Queen and she is "not amused". ( mints from Janet's trip) Anyway, Portland "authority" is utterly corrupt , racist to the core, right wing in the extreme - the so called police force should be put out to pasture (in hell). All of them There are no good guys. The police are still pouting and refusing to do their jobs - still getting paid- still causing trouble.
We miss her countenance ^ which did indeed shine! An illusion probably, but such a stable one- for all our lives until now. The orphans do not know that the only Queen is no longer, but my guess is that they would have a Zen viewpoint and then would eat another snack/meal/cake/pudding living in the moment, planning an afternoon of gluing leaves back on trees .
I had the precursor to the Easy Bake when I was little. It was a tiny oven and cook top, and the cook top got hot enough to fry hamburger. We would feed it to the hamsters. The oven baked as well. It was a great toy, I'm sorry it's gone. Has Portland always been this bad? I see there is a third party candidate running for governor which will probably result in the republican winning.
ReplyDeletePortland has quite a KKK history- but then artists and yuppies moved in- it became gentrified which put the right wing nuts noses out of joint, Black Lives matter brought all of that to the fore and became incredibly ugly with Trump's encouragement. It has remained ugly for the past two plus years...there is also a homeless problem that has taken over the city, crime is rampant. The streets are a mess.
DeleteI had an easy bake- the cakes were crap but we thought it was the coolest thing- for about five minutes.
GD air fryer is that it was made in China where the laws about using teflon are lax, Teflon is a curse .
ReplyDeleteBare back... makes sense. Just keep your hat on.
ReplyDeleteExcellent shot of an Orphan in motion--running!
My Orphans want an Easy Bake oven. Snacks to maintain the Zen.
So glad to hear Son in Portland (S.I.P.) will be getting a mediation--and a decision?!! Finally.
I am afraid it will not go in his favor. There are stacks and stacks of suits brought against the city and the police it will take until the end of time to sort it. Only one has gone to trial and she lost. Anyway, as soon as this is over SIP can move about more freely, decide where to take his talent - thinking about grad school somewhere...dunno.
DeleteNot in his favor? Damn, the Bad Guys are so clearly guilty--on video! But, anyway, I'm glad SIP'll be able to move on...
DeleteThat's a wonderful gift from Janet! I miss the queen already. I'm so glad you have a date for the hearing and hope the mediation works out well. Portland -- I always thought it was so civilized... what happened? So different now.
ReplyDeleteIt is a city to be avoided! Changed rapidly , like overnight! I actually was thinking to move there at one point because it was the best city for art and beauty... no longer!
DeleteI can not accept that the Queen is gone.
I have a different air fryer and I don't think it has teflon in it. Anyway, I do use mine. But I call it the Easy Bake. I had an actual Easy Bake as a child but it's a long and sad story and since I was already using the real oven, it was sort of ridiculous and I hated it.
ReplyDelete"Tidy your room." I love that!
I love how the orphans just love life and they do come up with the most fun things to do!
While bare backing through the yard , they found two raccoon latrines- EWWwww. The raccoons are fat enough for winter so, their time on the deck is coming to an end...until there are babies. Easy Bake was fun for the first few days...I used the real oven to make real cakes , too, easy bake was dumb! Children ought to use real stuff.
DeleteThat "retraction" is brilliant. I was always kind of jealous of people who had an easy-bake oven, though I suppose it probably couldn't have baked very effectively. Wasn't the heat source a light bulb?! Anyway, too bad the air fryer doesn't appeal to you. We don't have one but I've heard good things about them.
ReplyDeleteYes , a light bulb and it did get very hot! The cake mixes and brownie mixes were just awful! If you get an easy bake for adults be sure that it is not made in China- full of toxic Teflon- as this one is... terrible.
DeleteI am a little bit embarrassed. I don't even know what an air-fryer is. I really need to get out more and shop around and see things.
ReplyDeleteFar as I can tell, it is just another kitchen gadget that will lose its shine quickly. A novelty...
DeleteThe orphans know what to do, whether there is a queen or not.
ReplyDelete