She found this beauty on Craig's list Bellingham , located south of here up in the forest. It wore a zillion stickers of blue grass festivals , has seen some good times. The seller/owner said that if they removed all of the bluegrass stickers it might fall apart.
The sale went well, the lad selling it was awesome. Builder of beautiful things, garden, house, landscaping the side of the forested mountain. Sensible. Two of his friends were there also, being remarkably helpful and knowledgeable. One lad, that I truly enjoyed chatting with, lives in Bellingham in Emily's neighborhood. He grew up in Benoni, just outside of Joburg SA. He also found himself in Wyoming working at the refinery six miles from my home for a spell...we laughed , knowing how shite that was!
We shared our terrible stories of the terrible places in the middle of dirt and wind . He reckoned Benoni was similar to Rawlins- we agreed that we had a leg up on living on this planet- If you can handle those soul sucking areas, and actually make an escape, you can handle just about everywhere else- Mars? No problem! Everywhere else in the world looks do-able and pretty great!
He also lived and worked in London for a while, after leaving South Africa- for good! Lovely lad- he and his wife have decided NOT to have children, being fully aware of the dire earth situation and what little time we, as humans, have left on this space rock. We laughed that even apocalyptic days would be a cinch having grown up in the places we did, but no reason to inflict that sort of survival on a youngin'. They are considering adopting ready made, off the rack, children and will not contribute to a way- too -many -humans situation.
---There she goes , out of the woods, down the mountain, mini cooper pulling her old/new digs. She will make it a thing of wonder! It seems to be a thing. A wonderful thing!! How many times can I say "thing"?
We followed behind to make sure there were no freeway issues, she scooted along perfectly. You can see that the Lil Loafer has been put together with screws rather than rivets which is great for taking apart to fix. Absolutely LOVE this little "thing"...thing is good.
Storing it here until next week end when she will come back up and retrieve it. Her Mom does not know about this new plan of hers and will be freaked, for sure. So, breaking in the idea slowly will save her mother from blowing a fuse and possibly exploding -or just melting, seeping into a crack in the floor. Mother's worry.
Wallace, the dog, and the two cats can not believe their old friend is driving away- dang, that was their club house. I am a little bit more than jealous of Keeka's purchase and her fabulous life- we have had our day in the sun, this is a young woman's world! Granny, take a back seat.










When my May was about nineteen, she decided to buy a truck and fix it up as a camper and drive across the country in it and so she did. This was pre-cell phone, etc. It was horrible/wonderful. I was in constant terror for her. She made it all the way up to your neck of the woods. Now it's stressful for her to drive across town. I'm glad she got that adventure in her though and I'm glad your darling Keeka will be filling up with her own adventures.
ReplyDeleteYouth- it is the time to do all of the things- Driving has never been fun for me- I have been driving since i was twelve and am so over it. May made it all the way across country, impressive little May!
DeleteGo Keeka. I never did anything adventurous in my youth and I regret that, but then girls didn't have much power or wherewithall back then. My brother flew to
ReplyDeleteEurope bought a touring bike and spent the summer touring between high school and college. My son spent a couple of years hitchhiking around the country. He and his friend would dress up like missionaries and easily got rides and sometimes lunch.
In my entire existence it has never occurred to me that one could tow anything with a Mini. I wish Keeka safe travels in her new adventure. I looked at the gussied up trailers you linked to on Pinterest, they really are darling.
ReplyDeleteWhat adventure awaits?! I can totally picture you living in a mini cooper camper. I had no idea a mini could tow even a little trailer.
ReplyDeleteSimilar to having crap jobs to give us skills to work "anywhere", living in crap places makes us easily adaptable to "everywhere". I'll pass on Mars.
My four cylinder Dodge colt hauled an Apache camper. I made it all the way to your neck of the woods and many more venues, though I did have to downshift up mountains.
ReplyDeleteI find myself admiring her very much. I know that I could not possibly do such a thing and even when younger it would never have crossed my mind. I'm not the travelling kind.
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest little thing, just like Jessica. She is my kind of girl. Where is she going to park it, or is she just going to travel around?
ReplyDeleteright? If she changes her mind I will buy it from her!!
Delete