My Blog List

Saturday, May 14, 2022

compare and contrast

Home, through the front window.
 
Palm Springs through the front window.

Tree flower in PS
tree flower at home
PS out the front door
Home front window
PS delicate blue flower, and below, in the front yard here- delicate blue flower. followed by covid hair before we left ,and Palm springs hair .



survey - 

Some folks do not holiday well , and that is  good info for the future, creatures of habit and comfort zones. Others may have more of an adventurous nature.  Oil and water.
Guess which is which.

Driving down the road in PS

Driving down the road here.

Mountain view from the PS  window- home view , from my kitchen window.

both are wonderful, 50/50. Just a matter of preference, I suppose. The desert lacks water more than ever before-  an abundance  here. The desert has sunshine,  next to none up here. Dry heat in the desert is wonderful, dries out the waterlogged  freezing bones of living in  the PNW...for a little while, then it becomes too much of a good thing, you know how that goes.

So, this last trip , compromised by so many things that I have changed my love affair to be lukewarm  instead of "I must get back to the desert NOW". Here is the list so far: 

 

- traveling partner does not surry nor picnic

-Allergens  high and the wind  strong

-Desert dust obscuring vision and breathing

- partner gets  eye infection and  sinus infection

-Swimming pools, hot pools and grounds overtaken by raucous partying rude loud rule breaking inconsiderate folks from BC, arrogant, trumpians - thank god they live in Canada and can not vote here. They really bummed our/my stay- horrid behavior for days. Dennis can not hear nor did he go outside much so he was fine with it.

- hundred degree temperatures

-condo with no outside space

- shops in town belly up due to covid I assume

-22 bucks for a simple hamburger

- tweeker under my bedroom window screaming  bloody murder at 12:58 am, security unable to catch him.

-  prices  gone up everywhere - to be expected

- firework display right outside my bedroom window went on for a very long time- but that was cool-  magnificent display actually - the grand finale of the four day white party - link here GAY

Anyway, I got a good hair cut while there, from a most lovely lad -better and more affordable than any hair cut here. Goodbye covid hair-  on to the next adventure...by the way , eyes are closed because I just got back from the eye zapper, One eye good, very good!! One eye not so much. Vision, oh yes, I am all for it!

14 comments:

  1. Both places look beautiful. One is dry and hot, one is full of flowers, mountains, and trees. One is good for a vacation especially during the cool rainy season, and one is perfect for growing flowers and veggies. It's nice to be able to have both.
    Your hair looks beautiful and reminds me that I should have mine cut as well. Maybe I should go to the desert. Nah, I think I'll just keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had pony tailed my hair so much that I pulled a lot of it out- a haircut feels so good, like being done with the trauma of the past nearly three years. Covid hair. Yuck.

      Delete
  2. So sad your time was not optimum. Your hair managed to pull through, as did the very good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful for my one eye doing a good job- i can see individual leaves with it! So good! I have a lot of respect for anyone who can make my hair seem reasonable, it is a good cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one PS picture I didn't like was driving down the road, with nothing to see but all the windmills. Apart from that, I would always choose a place that has more water. love the haircut. My hair is about as long as yours was, but I keep it tied up in a ponytail, because it is fluffy fuzzy and can't make up its mind into waves or curls or straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i envy your waves and curls! Yeah, a pony tail or up in a clip was pretty handy, a no brainer but my hair was coming out because of the abuse. Anyway, good hair cut makes all the diff. Yes, i agree , water is everything and we are running out!

      Delete
  5. The hair looks great and I love your comparisons of here and there. Yup -- some places and companions work better at some times than others. I still have my Covid hair -- but not for long, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. traveling away from home without business intent is difficult for some- holiday is a foreign concept. Wild hair be gone!! Freedom!!

      Delete
  6. Well, now I will have that song stuck in my head for the rest of my life. I wish I had your hair. It is beautiful. It is beautiful now and it was beautiful before you got it cut.
    They have magnolia trees in Palm Springs? Well, that is a beauty. I need the green to soothe me. The desert is quite interesting and can be amazing but I could not nest there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you. I think that one must be born there to adapt fully. Believe me Mary, I would not wish my hair on anyone ever! It is like cob webs, it would take about fifty of my hairs to make one of yours. Skinny hair.
      the magnolias are born in the morning, all plump and gorgeous, and by nightfall they are dead dried up brown petals. So quick!

      Delete
  7. I'm going to be singing that song all day now! LOL! Sorry about the rude Canadians (I didn't know such a thing existed) but part of going away is enjoying the pleasures of being home again. I love all your compare/contrast photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the ear worm- BUT you are invited to the stoned soul picnic! Dennis is not. Drunk rich mob from BC, except for one, a woman named Heather whom I liked , got to know a little bit - put her off when I saw her wandering around , I asked what she was doing and she said "Looking for my husband" and I said "BUT WHY???"

      Delete
  8. You've got fairy-tale hair! Some magical sprite was given instructions:
    "You must spin these golden cobwebs into hair for Linda Sue."
    It sounds like it's annoying to you to live with, but it is beautiful for us to look at!

    Thanks for sharing your travel photos!
    I like to visit the desert--those amazing plants--but watery Pisces that I am, I would choose your home-base for sure. I spent one October-into-November in Tucson and the *relentlessly* pleasant sunny-and-75º weather drove me nuts.
    (Though today you said "30 days of rain", which does give me pause.)

    I'm glad to see my phone comment(s) did post on an earlier post--they hadn't showed up at first. For today, anyway, my old laptop has flickered into life again.
    XO Frex + Fresca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my cob webs are so annoying that my Mom used to bonk me on the head when she tried to make it look like real hair!
      Desert visit was not great this time. The desert was angry and the sun was mad.
      Glad you "fixed" your laptop !

      Delete