My Blog List

Monday, April 11, 2022

starving our angels

Peg on her  one leg waiting for breakfast. Pretty sure that she is starving
Hungry rabbit in the yard holding  still -I nearly stepped on  her,  my fuzzy slipper  a possible old acquaintance.
One eyed jay came back and seems to be OK. fluffed out , as they do when things are not quite right, still able to fly and land on branches in the wind. Skills! though she can not see well enough  to pick up food left on the deck, might starve.

I, too, am waiting for breakfast , sure that I am starving, the empty spot growing no matter how much toast and honey I stuff in there, wearing leporidae  old acquaintance slippers. I also  have one eye working, will be able to get it fixed at the end of the month , unlike Ms. Jay's with whom I identify, and -   I am fluffed - things not quite right - still able to fly- drive, rather, to the post office with parcels of love to send to son and a little girl down yonder, but- fluffed! You feel it?

Mute  the radio -watch the cherry petals snow on the moss that we call "lawn". On we go," or not", as one
august child once said.

 Humans de-evolve in large groups, "Imagine" goes wanting. Best song, idea,  written for these days of  we being  human, starving our angels, tolerating & feeding the opposite.

 This one is good for these times also always.  mournful.

 



 

14 comments:

  1. I missed a couple of posts, not sure how. Must have been the malaise. I love that Texas is now slang for bat shit crazy, which they are.
    Your parents' mistreatment at the hands of Texans is just shameful. Not only can you not sue a Texas doctor, I was told by a former resident that not one anesthesiologist in the state is in network for insurance. So you pay out of pocket for that.
    The force of the malaise is strong, I guess because the plant is off its axis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the force is out of whack! Stand up people!!! Geez, we just let things slide especially after the orange toddler shat all over the land.

      Delete
  2. We are all starving for something, aren't we? And there are so many ways we try to fill ourselves up from Jesus to heroin to work to toast and honey.
    Your yard is a wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creativity comes from starvation- I like to think...If that creativity is allowed to flourish. Our yard is not better homes and gardens, the neighbors wince.

      Delete
  3. I love your bunny. I feel guilty eating when so many in Ukraine don't have anything right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing we can do about it Jeanie, If wishes were horses. I do believe that our country could step up and close the damn sky though.
      The rabbits in the yard are pretty healthy, Cougars are gone now.

      Delete
  4. I love the birds and critters you see there in your yard. I hope that Jay finds ways to eat and stay nourished.
    It's been a while since I listened to the Calling All Angels song. That sunflower goes well with the music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your jay adapts to its world. How old is the injury, do you suspect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fairly recent, maybe a couple of days. Jay is still trying to adapt but I am not optimistic- one eye is too challenging especially for a bird.

      Delete
  6. Oh, my, the stuff of life these days, LS. You are getting your eye fixed? I had just posted Julian's singing of "Imagine" on fb. He said he'd never sing it unless the world was ending. I guess that's where we are now. Ezra and I saved a ladybug today. So there's that. He built a cover for her of a wet leaf (that she could drink from) and wooden bits. Here's Julian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NicWjYMPDG0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little things take us out of this horro of human destruction, earth, each other, wolves and grizzlies- all in peril because of the most horrendous species ever , and then a little boy makes a shelter for a lady bug and puts everything back into perspective- for a moment. These are the days for it, keep it small.

      Delete
  7. I love that glorious sunflower and will print it out later to put on my porch wall.
    I hope the birds and rabbit manage to get enough food. I stopped snacking yesterday and woke up hungry this morning! I'd forgotten what hungry feels like.
    I know your "empty" feeling, your soul is needing nourishment, not worry about the war happening. All we can do is hope and look at joyful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond hope for human species I reckon. Focusing on the joyful , the animals in the yard, a blueberry, five year old child saving a lady bug, Flora's first tooth,the cherry tree leafing, limiting our personal worlds to the very small wonders within reach. That is how to spend the days these days...

      Delete