My Blog List

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

how to stab a woman, head in the window.

whiskers in the sun, Geranium in the window trying to flower , failing because it is too bloody cold.
 
The OBAMA car parked across the street at Maggie's- great new paint job. Maggie keeping it real.

This is how to stab a woman.... out of  wool .

This one was from a while ago when I was in the mood.

Lately I have been wondering why add yet another thing to all of things- a  creative slump , one might say.

 Spring can't make up its mind- "should I stay or should I go", Just when I get my shoes and coat on to walk out into the springtime, winter comes back ,  fugetaboutit, it is freezing, and the snow is on the foothills. My enthusiasm wanes.

In the end she turned out OK. Her hair, Wensleydale locks,  a bit pricey, a tiny bag full for ten bucks, but  a little goes a long way, however, so I should not complain. I will but I shouldn't.

If you ever have wondered if felting objects can be at all useful I am here to tell you , YES, yes they can! Last night I placed this felted head on the window sill, turned on all of the out door lights and some inside lights, Home alone style. "You are being watched". I put one downstairs in the extra bedroom as well , but it is a  very large birdhead and  does not look menacing enough.

Evil doers were spotted checking out Dennis van at four of the clock in the morning night before last- Car theft and converter theft have been increasing lately. Our neighborhood has never been a target until now. We do not have cameras, probably should, like the Q-anoners down the street, Their house is one big camera wrapped in a trump flag and "Don't Tread On Me" banner. They should be paranoid. I am sure I am not the only neighbor having Chalking -front- walk- egging- car -ideas... I think that they are on to something with  their  house of camera. Keeps us honest and less committed to  adolescent shenanigans and just may catch a thief!

I think that I might order a blow up doll to put in the drivers seat, or  a car buddy, I would felt one but that would take lifetimes. 

There goes the deceptive sun- you may think it looks warm, it isn't.



21 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara- yes, her story is happier, she lives in the forest where everything is just right and flowers grow year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new woman is absolutely gorgeous! I love the hair :)
    How do you do this? Start with a wire frame, then wind it tight with wool and just start stabbing? Pretty sure I won't try it, with arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome, but I still want to know how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely use an armature, I just start with a wad of roving , usually corriedale for the core and begin stabbing. I taught myself how to do it when Bush was creating havoc in Iraq, My husband voted for him so, rather than murder him and end up in the slammer , I started stabbing wool.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. wool is amazing, it can be just about anything.

      Delete
  4. Your Felted Ladies are fabulous in all their forms, finished and unfinished! Loved the Obama Car, lately I've been seeing Old Hippie Era VW Vans and now I so want one! Good thing you Channeled your inner Demons into stabbing Wool and not The Husband. Tho' The Man and I always Joke that each of us would have Served less Time for Murdering one another. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bush was such a challnge, I did have to leave for a night just to collect my disbelief and rage. He knows how to vote now. I could not live with the gop in the house!

      Delete
  5. Stabbing is very therapeutic! LOVE your lady!

    We get periodic car robbers in our hood, which is considered a very safe neighborhood. Mostly it's rifling through for loose change and who knows what. If they're locked, they leave them alone and so far, no cars or car parts have been stolen. I park in the garage but Rick has a carport and once I forgot to lock and found my glove box open and parking change gone but nothing major. If things keep getting worse with the economy, I think things like that will increase.

    Happy Stabbing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweakers and thieves are indiscriminate- Just beware at four o'clock am...that is when they seem to get away with their crimes. Our neighborhood has usually gone unnoticed because of where it is and the layout but , you are right, things could become more interesting as we go blindly on.

      Delete
  6. I refuse to believe that there is any process involved in your felted creations rather than pure magic.
    Because obviously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you picked up a couple of needles and a wad of wool you could do this sort of thing easily, I am betting a nickle on that! It is time consuming - wool is such a great medium to sculpt, and if it does not turn out well, CAT toy!

      Delete
  7. Your felted ladies are so beautiful. Love seeing your art.
    Spring has decided to go away for a while here. Cold and rainy, cold and rainy, and dreary as can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think spring is the best trickster there is. A tease!

      Delete
  8. Oh she's gorgeous! Ms Nature taking her ease. Converter thieves are here too in this small town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thievery seems to be the new hip thang. Cops are not responding because they had their feelings hurt by "De-fund the Police" , which was misunderstood. We have to watch out for ourselves, like in the good old days.

      Delete
  9. I am struck by the grace of your wool lady's knees, and perfectly turned feet. She looks like a dancer in repose.

    Sorry about the dark mood about. The world does seem a lot meaner since that last president we had. Let's keep bringing the light anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , she does have a rather graceful knee but her hands are very ungraceful- like Mickey mouse hands!
      Well, just think what thievery around automobiles is doing for the blow up manikin industry, there is always a silver lining!

      Delete
  10. Lovely stabbed woman! And I like your "scarecrow" - "scarevandal"? "scarethief"? "scaremiscreant?"

    We have a Ring doorbell - mostly just catches us coming and going, walking dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't there something a while back about RING door bells, something about being hacked or turning them inside out to spy on you. Something weird. I think that Dennis will order top of the line surveillance cameras one day soon and instal maybe fifty of them. We will win the camera race!

      Delete