My Blog List

Friday, April 22, 2022

day out, down south

Drove the long way to town to find a lighting fixture for Kim's cottage.
 Tourists are arriving, we had to park way down the street, along the walk Ukrainian flags are every where.

she managed to find the perfect light, 1920's hanging glass simple in design, Scandinavian - plus discounted because of a minor chip. Perfect.

I sat on this expressive sofa waiting for her to pay and pick up light bulbs which are becoming more difficult to find and more expensive, incandescent  gold tipped. We both agree that the new improved light bulbs are blinding and wrong. 

I suppose it is just one more thing to get used to.

We took the back way to avoid the tulip festival people . Too many people are coming to this area and we don not like it one little bit. "git offa our lawn"!!

Stopped in at the tavern for a glass of chardonnay, chowder and  fresh salmon, delish!!  Some things have not changed entirely , the tavern is one- same great menu same crazy loud music, same enormous screens steaming sports events- looks like Patrick, David and Craig are no longer on their stools but everything else has remained.

Drove home the same route, side stepping all traffic , seeing fields of white geese, cows, and tulips that are not part of the gang. 

Got home satisfied , great outing on a perfectly glorious day. The curly willow hollered to me "come over here and see what I am doing"...

The  willow's wounds are healing in a most interesting way.

Spring green
happy day

13 comments:

  1. I was out today. Very, very blue but not too warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They let you out? AND you did not get into trouble???

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day there. Love all the stuff you did and all that beautiful blue-sky sunshine. It was sunny here too. What a warm delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to know how to dress. I wore three layers and was sorry by the time I got home.

      Delete
  3. The carving on that sofa, is just, WOW!
    I'm happy to see Ukrainian flags everywhere, there aren't any around my area :( none that I see anyway, only the tiny ones I made and put in my plant pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sofa was rather grand and very large! Antique from California masion somewhere.
      ukraine , my god! our hearts are shattered!!

      Delete
  4. This looks like a really fun day. Love the Ukranian flags -- I haven't seen any around here to buy. The flowers are gorgeous and both the tavern and lamp shop look like interesting spots. Have a great weekend and thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie! Wish you could have come along with us, you would have had a great time! The lamp shop had buckets full of interesting antique bits and pieces, great for art making.

      Delete
  5. That willow is definitely a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen many Ukrainian flags here in London, but there's been a big mural in front of Abbey Road Studios supporting Ukraine. I keep meaning to take a picture of it and I forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear...memory is the first to go they say...I am sure you will remember now that I have said that! I do like how the tavern sells bouquets of tullips along with whiskey, fresh salad and salmon along with pug fish and chips. It's a cool tav

      Delete