Well damn, the lad has covid for his birthday. His friend drew this sketch of him, rather good wouldn't you say? He is down for the count having been so careful for 2.5 years.
The wind blew last night, blowing down the wall of goodwill. Knocked out power to many a house. Flora Jane nursed by candle light.
Radiant MWAB (moments with a baby) An article came in the New Yorker email this morning- MWAB is proven to better one's health,
This is her elephant and is about the cutest thing I ever did see!
-0-
Dennis is trying to keep his avocado seed alive- seems to be doing just fine for now. The last one got to a reasonable size and then didn't, turned into a sick, which Dennis would not give up on until way too obvious it had died long ago. Ever hopeful.
I nurtured a succulent for years, watering it, changing the soil, putting it in the sunniest window. It was very real looking plastic, never would have grown no matter how much I babied it. I still have it but it is in the toy box now or in a drawer somewhere. Imagine my surprise after years . to finally realize it was not the real deal. Still laughing at myself- at least Dennis's folly made more sense. Old people- aren't we a hoot?
Anyway I got my Flora Jane fix today, she has a tooth for real and she fell asleep on my shoulder after more than the usual rocking and singing. She is not fussy about the tunes I choose to sing even if it is nonsense words and made up melody. She just smiles and coos.AWWwwwww baby girl.
Stay well y'all.






It was windy here, still is. It's also cold. OK, it's not really cold, but the wind makes it worse.
ReplyDeleteThat's too bad the fence went down, there was some good art there.
It was like a tantrum last night, and it does feel colder. The fence will likely be put back up because no one wants to see construction on the waterfront.
DeleteI'm chuckling over your succulent and so very sad for the birthday boy. I hope it is an easy case of it all and he's soon on the mend.
ReplyDeleteHe said it feels like a bad cold right now- he has been jabbed three times and he is healthy so He will be OK. Just a drag on his birthday. Thanks for the well wishes, Jeanie.
DeleteI'm sad for the birthday boy. Tell him to lie low and it will pass soon. But wait! My granddaughter has new glasses with the bottom of the frame made from clear plastic. I think they don't look great. Laura loves them. "I can see out of the bottoms!" Right.
ReplyDeleteI guess it is the trend, frames are an interesting fad. Mine for instance are big and purple- Remember Sarah Jessica Raphael and her glasses- you may have thought her glasses were wild!
DeleteFunny to think of you nurturing a plastic succulent for years :)
ReplyDeleteThat is an excellent sketch of your handsome boy.
Looks like that wind was very rough, tearing things apart like that.
I love having babies fall asleep on me.
when the neighbors moved away I rescued the plant from the pot left behind, gave it new soil and a place to live- Deceived by plastic!!
DeleteOh, man. I am so sorry that Eric got covid. I hope it doesn't knock him down too bad. Poor little Flora- getting real human teeth is just so hard. I know she loves her granny time.
ReplyDeleteThat avocado looks quite pert and happy.
He has been jabbed all of the times so it should be a light case. Still, the after effects of having covid can be weird, they are finding out. It does not just going away without taking something.
DeleteSo sorry to about your son testing positive for Covid. I hope it's a mild case and that he will be over it soon.
ReplyDeleteIt's so good that you got to spend time with Flora. She'll remember all the songs you sing to her. Keep on singing!
somewhere in my memory bank are old songs, not the words so much but the melodies from my mother seem to make their way through.Flora weighs 16 pounda now, good job for the arms and back. weight bearing exercise.
DeleteOh no! Sorry the Covid has struck! If it's anything like mine it won't amount to much -- fingers crossed. That IS a good drawing!
ReplyDeleteLooks like quite a windstorm!
The wind did manage to impress! Lots of folks sitting in the dark, not terribly unusual both metaphorically and literally...
DeleteDamn. I figure we will all get it eventually if we venture out into the world. So vax and boost to keep is minimal. Hope Erik is doing as well as can be. Baby Flora is a cure-all. Too bad Erik can't avail himself of her.
ReplyDeleteIt has been said that we will all have covid at sometime- getting another booster soon!Erik says he is suffering minimally. happy birthday, right?
DeleteWhat an ugh-y way to spend a birthday. Damn plague anyway. 'Tis good to read that Erik is "suffering minimally," though. That sketch of him is delightful. And that succulent story! It's even better that it was a rescue plant. Hmm, neighbors thought, "Let's just leave that old plastic thing." Or maybe they thought it was real, too. HA! And sing to that darlin' Flora as often as you can. My grandchild (5yo) will no longer let me sing around him. He does sing, however, sometimes in English, sometimes in some mix of Greek, French, German, Spanish. That comes from listening to songs like "Bruno~in 21 different languages." Now that I think about it, It's okay he doesn't let me sing. I'd rather listen to him.
ReplyDeleteholy cow, Karen, how did that happen??? Are sure he is FIVE!!! That can not be!!! Wasn't it just yesterday we were marveling at your kid being pregnant??? Geez, woman, stop the clock.
DeleteNot only is the child five, but he is also 2 and a half months away from 6! And, yes, it was just yesterday. (I agree with you about the Will Smith/Chris Rock situation, by the way. If comedians don't want to risk being smacked when they tell an offensive joke, they shouldn't end them with PunCHlines. Just a thought. Language matters.)
DeleteKaren, that is hilarious!!!Ezra almost SIX- get outta here!!! Impossible!
DeletePositive for COVID - on a birthday, no less! I hope the brilliant portrait from Erik's talented friend raises his spirits. My bro-in-law is on his second round of the damn virus, fully vaxed and boosted.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some MWAB, and I'm sure Flora enjoyed it too.
wow your brother in law must be a covid magnet. Don'[t stand too close!
Delete