My Blog List

Thursday, April 14, 2022

cold bay, warm baby

Yesterday it was 34 degrees, today it is 35, get out the sun frocks!

The flowers haven't gotten the memo, apparently. Ours are still shivering underground , thinking they might pass on this spring, in the warmer areas of the neighborhood, closer to the water, the flowers are more brave or they just got tired of waiting. Like everyone else during this endless pandemic.



 
The bay is freezing - the clouds  hugging the islands like a lofty   eiderdown. Nice illusion of comfort and warmth.

There is a new thing on the beach- Kayak share, like bike share, didn't check the price but can't be more than buying your own, plus less hassle- Cool idea.No one is kayaking today unless they have a death wish and I am sure there will not be enough when the weather warms up.  There will be a scramble - mine mine mine.
Today was granny day- Flora is growing a white beard along with her many other talents of making teeth and saying BABABABA.  Dear lord she is smart!
My girls , I am utterly charmed!

We were talking about optimism and pessimism - there must be a balance, though I lean toward pessimism as a safety measure - always be prepared for the worst, I say, make a plan B and C. When I am in the company of Ms. Flora Jane, however, I become a soppy goo goo  Pollyanna and I can't stand myself. Everything is beautiful and right with the world.

Can't help it, simply cloying and happier than Larry around that child! You would be too. Guaranteed.  People do start out so wonderfully .

12 comments:

  1. Sun Frocks at 35 degrees?? Yikes, that's cold. COLD I say at slightly less than 2C.
    The world is definitely a nicer place when there is a happy baby around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun frocks - under woolly jumpers and a down jacket!

      Delete
  2. That tulip in the first photo with the polka dots? Fascinating! And Ms. Flora Jane is just beautiful. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fritillaria meleagris, also known as snakes head fritillary, chess flower, frog-cup, guinea-hen flower, guinea flower, leper lily (because its shape resembled the bell once carried by lepers), Lazarus bell, chequered lily, checkered daffodil, drooping tulip, and simply fritillary- they have become quite popuilar up here, the first time I saw one I was sure that I was being tricked!

      Delete
  3. She will be your girl. In her heart there will always be Granny Linda Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can this baby so change my attitude the first moment I see her and then when I hold her and play it is like,
      Whoa Jesus, take me now, in my happiest moment!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! Love that kayak idea. It is 32 degrees here this morning. Crazy cold. We seem to be getting the winter that we didn't have in February and March. Our little garden plantings are wondering what is going on.
    Flora is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kayaks and the life vests are in top condition right now, At the end of autumn they will be less attractive! But, yes, a great idea.
      Flora is so smart! She took my glasses apart all by herself!

      Delete
  5. I didn't think spring would ever get here. Even now some things that should be blooming aren't. Flora makes everything OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora has the best, very besg, life so far- Lives in the cutest little cottage with gorgeous loving smart parents and she has all of the "new" things a child of today needs. A feed yourself spoon that looks like a large toothbrush that melted! But it works.Seven months old and she can feed herself!

      Delete
  6. I wondered if that was a spoon in her hand. Her face is such a delightful mess. Very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very good at using the weirdo spoon! it is the strangest thing but works like magic. he even hits her mouth occasionally.

      Delete