I have an egg shaped cupcake pan that makes 8 large egg halves. I made butterscotch brownies and stuck the halves together with cream cheese icing, put the rest of the icing around the egg, gooey. Jelly- bellies on top for additional toxin....Also bought robin eggs, expensive chocolate from Chocolate land in the Alps- hand made basket- and delivered it along with a very cute rabbit that Stella bought for her great grand daughter . She brought it back because her grand daughter lives in a toy factory- went to Emilie's at the crack of dawn to leave the basket of diabetes , the rabbit and a freshly baked breakfast of ham and cheese Croissants . So , that is Easter, taken care of.
It is not entirely icky- I did soak the raisins in brandy and there are almonds in the brownies. I sort of made up a recipe which can be dangerous, but with enough butter it manages to come out OK.
Flora jane Loves the rabbit- so do I, I very nearly kept it. ( thanks Stella) so, what's next- the forth of July? When we celebrate rodeos and hot dogs?



That basket looks WONDERFUL! And I love the rabbit, too.
ReplyDeleteOhhh I love the rabbit too, it is seriously cute!
DeleteWell that looks like a party in a basket to me! And a very fine party at that! Good job, Linda Sue!
ReplyDeleteIt is weird that we give the ones we love the absolute worst stuff to consume- the basket is a good one though.
DeleteThat does look like quite a sticky delicious sweet Easter basket celebration of yumminess. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones. And yes, next on the calendar the 4th of July. Although for me I turn 70 on May 13!
ReplyDeletemay 13th!! yay for you! I will drink a toast to you from the desert!
DeleteHappy basket of diabetes weekend!
ReplyDeleteBad, isn't it...
DeleteThat is enough basket for the entire family and some friends. But the wabbit is only for Flora.
ReplyDeletethe sugar is disgusting- the butter and nuts are OK, I am a very bad easter giver.
DeleteNo, first you have May the Fourth (be with you) when you all walk around with Light Sabers, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteThe basket of goodies is lovely, although there is enough sugar in there for a family for a week, but Easter only comes once a year. I love the white bunny.
HAHAHA I will celebrate may the forth now- thank you, another reason to live!
DeleteLove the bunny, cuter than cute. That is a lot of sugar and butter!
ReplyDeleteit is murder food!
DeleteHappy Easter. Enjoy. One day of sweet things won't undo you.
ReplyDeleteIt all started with Halloween...I blame holidays for sweetness overload. This time , though , I put little toys inside mache eggs for the little girls next door.
DeleteThat painting behind Flora Jane's rabbit looks very Edward Hopper-esque.
ReplyDeleteThat was done by Leenie.
DeleteIt IS Edward Hopper. Or a sketch of his work. Just playing his music, not composing a new piece. Don't forget Memorial Day, another 3 day weekend that most people forget why they get the day off work.
DeleteBasket full of diabetes for sure. I show my strength and resolve (no diabetes for me) at SHARE where we get all the day old desserts...cake, cupcakes, cookies, cheesecake, doughnuts, every kind of sugar bomb and I resist as they try and make me take some home. OK, sometimes I take the cheesecake. big rabbit for baby Flora who does not live in a toy store. Happy Spring, blessings of the goddess Eostre.
ReplyDeletegood to walk away from sweets! Very good, No body needs it and it is everywhere in everything- like it is in cahoots with covid- trying to kill us all.
DeleteThe basket of diabetes is truly a perfect name for it! And I have to say, it looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThe butterscotch brownies are not terribly sweet but everything else makes up for it that is for sure. They will likely all end upo in the trash...no body needs that much damn sugar!!
Delete