This is the month for wild daisies everywhere, and the month for shy squash to poke their wee blossoms out to see if they want to stick around to turn into courgettes or marrow, or not.
We are not sure but from what I can tell , under her blossom skirt there is a tiny peeni . Courgette, I reckon.
The temperature has calmed down- it is ideal! All is well for the moment. Smoke is due at any time, especially if the wind changes. "Ideal" is nebulous.
Here we go with baby raccoons again. Nothing cuter, more playful and silly than a deck full of baby raccoons. "you are not feeding them are you", neighbor asked..."Oh no," I replied, "that is against the law- I may have accidentally rolled an egg or dropped some kibble- but NO I would never !"
The twin fawns were romping around this morning. Collected from their hiding place by their mother and taken for their daily field trip into the edible world. They are still nursing but any day now your garden will be their lunch.
Below is the lavender bed for fawns, They have managed to flatten it utterly and break the roots. They are getting too big to hide , soon they'll will be out there looking for jobs and getting into trouble, as offspring do.
OH! Lookie!!! Tiny cute peeni.









I'm glad the temps have cooled down and that all the critters are doing well there. The flowers look happy and so does that little zucchini. We harvested our first zucchini of the season the other day, waiting for our yellow crookneck squash to get just a bit bigger. Ah summer, even in the fog of it here, it's good.
ReplyDeleteWithout expectations- anymore, if a good day occurs -
DeleteCelebrate! Today is a great day! WOO HOO!
Beautiful creamware--I used to collect (in a lackadaisical manner) rose colored pottery in similar shapes. Now I get my fix by caressing and cradling pottery donated to the thrift store...
ReplyDeleteOh, you would NEVER break the law, Linda Sue, and feedy teeny tiny raccoons. Oh, no, I'm sure you would never do that.
I wonder, do the orphans watch the wildlife out the window?
I have not shown the orphans the deck when it is occupied with raccoons that are not being fed...they would think it cruel to leave them outside I am sure. "come in" they would implore and show them the fridge! "help your self, and then i would get arrested!
DeleteThere is nothing cuter than a baby raccoon. They're just darling. Of course, the frisky baby deer are also darling. You're surrounded by darling.
ReplyDeleteI do agree, today is a particularly darling day!Sun is shining but not in an angry way and the sky is blue!
DeleteI love that bright bird's eye view of the mixed flowers, love the creamware too. I have saved that photo and will print it to carry to thrift stores later in the year. Courgettes are zucchini and the bushes can be very prolific. I once grew two bushes that just kept producing more and more, I gave them to family and took bags full to work to give out and one that was forgotten under the leaves grew to quite large proportions, but was watery when eventually cut open. Most were picked when about six inches long.
ReplyDeletesix inches is a good time to eat them, otherwise they get crazy large.They really are successful, can not even give them away!
DeleteHaving just tried to photograph deer myself, I'm even MORE impressed by how close you've been able to get to yours!
ReplyDeleteThe deer are so unafraid here, if they are snoozing in the yard they do not bother to move. Sometimes we are in the yard and are startled by them just inches away from us- ninjas!!
DeleteWhat beautiful critters you have and the lushness! Even with your heat!
ReplyDeleteYes! Definitely get rain barrels. You can hook up a hose to them. You could have one to water your deck plants if needed.
I wish I had your lightness of spirit. You are inspiring.
Yes I think rain barrels are a splendid idea. Must do a bit of research. "Lightness of spirit"? oh Mary, I do not think so! I wish!
Delete