Stella dropped around after noon, we were going to go see this exhibit on the street, but decided that, with my 20% off coupon ,we would go entertain ourselves at Value Village. Stella has a talent for locating the weirdest thing on the shelves. EEEEK! And ewww, plus this thing had a human wig that was losing hair everytime it moved. Satan's school project, probably.
Sad to find these photos of beautiful children who have probably become old and dead by now , no longer treasured . I hesitate, giving them some thought, and move on. I do not like to leave them behind.
After spending a good deal of time amused by other people's stuff, doing catch and release, coming away with a few items, we went to the harbor to sit in the shade on the deck and have an expensive lunch. Fabulous day with our Stella. We are planning a trip to Palm Springs in October.
Came home, Dennis showed me his "harvest"....We are not going to survive the apocalypse, obviously.
I had a friend in elementary school named Sheila. Sheila was a large girl with a gorgeous blond thick braid down her back and cute dresses. I loved Sheila. When She bumped into an object, like a desk or the wall because she could not navigate very well, she apologized to the object and said "s'cuse me , Mam," as she tipped her imaginary hat. From that time on, objects took on a different perspective for me. I view EVERYTHING as though their "feelings" have merit. I make an effort to use stairs that have been less traveled because they seem lonely. Mental!








I confess to giving feelings to inanimate objects. All matter is energy, right? At the same time, I'm the anti-hoarder. Nothing left laying around is safe.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a fun day out with Stella. That kangaroo woman hybrid thing! Thanks for the nightmares!
Oh yes, you are so welcome! Eww, i touched it! eww.
DeleteWell, things DO have feelings. In my world, at least. I know exactly what you mean, how you feel.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day with Stella.
Thank you Mary, I am so glad you are in the company of we who feel the feels of things. Eccentric , maybe but that is clearly the way to think of things. We are gentle folk.
Deletealthough, i probably hurt that one things feelings...
DeleteDo you know the stone of the star with a face?
ReplyDeleteYes, an acquirer, but for the kindest of reasons. You can eat in your kitchen and walk in your house.
Stella is a good friend. You can hoard her.
The star face seems to be either bone or ivory. Haha I cna hoard Stella, Yes I can.
DeleteI also take the stairs when right next to me people are crowded onto the escalator, I often reach the bottom or top before they do.
ReplyDeleteI could never bring home photos of forgotten children, unless I really liked and had a use for the frame.
I love the star buttons on Nat's overalls. That is Nat?
I think the kangaroo woman thing is creepy.
Your collection of miniature things could be given to your orphans?
Little stuff for orphans, good thinking! I will make them a treasure bag!
Deletelike finding wedding album pictures or other old family photos at an estate sale. sad that the kids didn't care or maybe there weren't any kids. the few thrift shops here are unexciting, boring, no good finds like kangaroo woman so estate sales must suffice.
ReplyDeleterecycling reusing is a thing up here, the "thrift" shops are everywhere. no need to go to the Mall, which is a sorry event anyway. It is shutting down.
DeleteI look at the old portraits of children and wonder at their stories. It is good to wander with a friend, especially near water.
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing -- personify objects. It does sometimes make it hard to "disappoint" them! But we must steel ourselves and remember they don't have any feelings at all. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the kayaking puppy!