Today I bleached more cream ware for DIL. Dried it and wrapped it up in movers paper and set it on the leather cigar chair.
A pocket that did not get dried leaked thought the paper onto the leather. I looked up "how to fix bleached leather", google told me to use cotton wool and alcohol and scrub it all over, the natural color would return. LIAR!!
I made it much worse, so ordered some leather dye kit from Jeff Besos, Hope it works, If it does not, I suppose I could take the chair to the chair doctor, if such a profession exists.
I wrapped up a load of little china dishes and creamers and limoges plates, antique dresser trays and sweet old lady stuff. As i was carrying it down the stairs to my car to donate to the assistance league, arthritis tripped me up, knee buckled, shoulder gave out and there it all was shattered at the bottom of the stairs on the concrete. De-cluttering at it best!
Cool weather has returned, overcast sky, windows and doors wide open. It is all good at the moment.
A man called to ask for money to "educate" republicans in Kentucky. I told him good luck- go with god, some things can not be done, and NO I would not be giving him any money for the impossible. I am at the end of my tether for hand outs to politicians- just go do your effing job, dude.
I hope that your day has been well spent- it is summertime at the end of times and the flowers are so lovely! Never mind that they suck too much water- they feed the soul.





Decluttering at its best, ha ha. But now someone can use the bits for mosaic work, yes? The lilies look lovely, but with my allergy I'm glad I can't smell them.
ReplyDeleteGood thing that blogger does not have smell o rama...YET!
DeleteFunny, isn't it, how things getting broken just doesn't seem as tragic as it used to. At least for me.
ReplyDeleteSo, your chair story reminded me of a podcast I heard yesterday. Oprah was the interviewee. Now I have problems with Oprah. She is a very fine lady, I know, and has done a lot of good but also- The Secret?
Get outta here.
But at the end of the interview in which she was wise and full of deep and spiritual advise, the interviewers asked her about her love of stain removal.
Yes. Stain removal.
She was so enthusiastic about her passion for this subject that she sounded like a different person. "Dab, dab, dab! It's like magic!"
Okay.
Good luck with your chair.
Oprah lost me several times when she journeyed into the "secret" and when she tore James Frey a new one for Lying in his book"A million little pieces". But I would welcome her to come round and fix my bleached chair.
DeleteIn the end, it is just stuff, right?
LOL, Ms. Moon---thanks for sharing that. Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteThere's a Laundry Guy here in town who has a show--does live presentations and answers questions about stains.
https://laundryevangelist.com
But whatcha gonna do--some stains are permanent, no matter how much vinegar and sunshine you pour on.
I carefully carried an overloaded tray outside last night, to serve a friend wine and cheese. Got all the way to the little table and tipped the tray.
Triscuits all over, and one broken wine glass.
As a house sitter, I always end up replacing dishware I broke. Lucky thing I work in a thrift store and can find suitable replacements (sometimes nicer!) cheaply.
No to political fundraisers, yes to flowers!
P.S. Another red-hair orphan I'm crazy about: Iris Dement (from Arkansas--reminds me a bit of my mother's southern Missouri roots).
Delete"Let the Mystery Be"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80
the laundry guy! What a gem! Of course Iris is perfect as well as the song. Thank you, Miss Orphan Goddess! My friend was clearing her mother's thanksgiving table, had a stack of dishes in her hands and missed the counter by one inch! All of Gramma's china smashed on the floor. Saved on the washing up ! So that just happens and it is not like fancy sustainable paper plates were never invented!
DeleteLOL---"saved on the washing up"
DeleteWho needs it! Just throw those dishes down---breaking things on purpose is GREAT for releasing stress too.
Oh no! Sorry about your china, especially after all that work! I hope YOU didn't fall down the stairs too. Your lilies are spectacular. :)
ReplyDeleteI let the box of china go and saved myself. As it should be! I am grateful for railings.
DeleteWhat an absolutely vibrant garden. Good call on "educating Republicans." No need to pour hard earned pennies into the abyss.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure if the guy was dreaming, naive or a scammer but educating republicans in Kentucky was laughable.
DeleteWe used a Color Glo guy in Tucson to fix tears in the RV dash caused by animals. They did a good job of patch and match the color. Who knows, maybe they can restore the cigar chair. What, exactly, is a cigar chair?
ReplyDeletehttps://www.yelp.com/biz/color-glo-of-bellingham-everson-2
Thank you for the possibility, I did look them up and seems that all of them only do RVs and trucks and cars.
DeleteCigar chair is a style, not a chair that smokes cigars which would be far more entertaining!
I hope the chair is reparable. I'm looking forward to future news about it. Bummer about the broken china. Oy falling down is something I work hard to avoid. With my osteoporotic bones, it could be a true disaster. I hope you are okay after that fall.
ReplyDeleteReally glad that the weather has cooled down there. California is about to enter a crazy heatwave. Death Valley might get up to 130 degrees. Here on the north coast it supposed to stay comfortable at a high of 65 degrees. I am so hoping that is true. Over the mountains east of us, the temps are going to be at least 100 degrees. Ugh.
Your flowers are beautiful.
I watch a meteorologist every morning to see how things are down yonder in your direction - looked pretty good for the next few days- but you are right about death valley, looks like a boiler. It is so pleasant up here right now, perfect with a cool breeze. Supposed to get down into the 50's tonight. Suits me just fine!
DeleteEducating Republicans in Kentucky seems a fraud to me. Rand Paul? Give me a break, even if he is a Libertarian in elephant's clothing.
ReplyDeletehe is nuts! Dennis keeps getting emails from him how i do not know...Rand Paul is off the deep end- his curly locks finally wormed into his brain.
DeleteYikes, sorry about your donation box mishap! And your flowers are lovely. Glad you're getting a break from the heat.
ReplyDeleteYikes is right, the shatter went nearly to the street which is far relatively...China explosion!
DeleteYes, the cool weather is GREAT!!
well, at least the flowers are pretty. sounds like a day.
ReplyDeleteAnother one of "those" days. Good thing I did not have to make a major decision, it would have gone sideways I am sure.
Delete