My Blog List

Monday, July 12, 2021

Hoard is leaving


Dennis is clearing out the garage!  He has taken load after load to the re-store, to habitat Northwest and to Value village. We have whittled our garbage pick up down to one bin a month. This is the responsible thing to do. I had doubts that the garage would ever be cleared, not until both of us  clocked out - the kids  cursing us  for leaving behind so much trash. Anyway, Dennis has uncovered some things that are amusing-  art work- ancient dental supplies, a stash of coins that need washing....



 

While they soak he texts the kids  , while sunning on his deck farm, his thoughts going to a green house to house the plants over the winter. That won't happen but it is a  nice thought. 



Uncovered his Naval reserve photo from when he was a teenager  in HS.  After graduation  he was offered a good deal to carry on in the navy as a petty officer- set for life, however he weighed his options sensibly, went to school after serving. He is a clever person, he could have done anything under the sun especially at that point, went into medicine and decided that to have a family , dentistry was the best option for the hours and time- became the best restorative dentist in the universe, no exaggeration.



The navy served him well. He was in airborne - became a pilot  stationed in Guam. Grew up pretty fast and loved every moment of it. It was a time of relative peace so there was nothing to do but fly planes and learn stuff and hang out with his buddies. 

Especially - the LADIES! I don't think he ever had dated or had a girlfriend., and then all of a sudden! Boobs in your face! 
He had his first sip of beer and first pizza. A whole new world!
The only boobies he had ever seen before were in the national geographic , like most boys of that era. He had never been anywhere other than the country store .  A right Mayberry boy. 
Dug this program out of his treasure pile! A lifetime ago- about 64 years! 

So, that is clearing out the garage- There have been some questionable things emerging , some keepers but mostly goers. Whew, so glad to see it go. maybe for the first time since we have lived here ( 33 years) we can park a car in the garage. It is a miracle I tell you! 









THIS is the life! 

Look but don't touch.

10 comments:

  1. LOL, I bet those pictures take him back. There is something in the aspect of a dad texting his kids that I recognize in that photo of your bright man on the deck. A gifted restorative dentist is needed everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This program and show made quite an impression, you can well imagine. He is still impressed!
      He saved lives with his dentistry and ability to detect tumors and problems more than teethiness. His skill is over the top.

      Delete
  2. my mouth full of teeth would have appreciated him very much. accident at 16, mouth full of dead and busted teeth. too bad he wasn't my dentist.

    just look at those normal sized and shaped boobies. obviously pre-implants fer sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep just like ma nature intended- The boobies I mean, not your poor teeth. Teeth are so importantSorry you did not have a good restorative dentist around. Sorry you had a bad accident at 16, too!

      Delete
  3. Remember when it was acceptable to have a body? Such a sick nation we've become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I do remember. Seems like it was always something. Too short, too tall, too fat, too skinny.

      Delete
  4. I'd love to clean out my garage more than I already have, but what's left is stuff I still use, just not on a daily basis and there isn't room for it in my tiny flat.
    A greenhouse for the plants is a fabulous idea, why wouldn't it happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds to me that your life is fairly well whittled- manageable.
      Greenhouse is an idea. ideas take about twenty years to come to fruition , if ever.

      Delete
  5. How fun to unearth such "treasures" of past life! And I admire all the cleaning up. Well done. Lives lived and remembered!

    ReplyDelete