My Blog List

Sunday, July 11, 2021

camel hare, jay feather, cool mountain


I have never seen a rabbit in the yard that was not a chubby cute little cotton tail rabbit- 
This guy resembles a camel or a banker. 
He was very still and let me get probably too close.  THARN.



The sun shining through his ears make them look like feathers.


A jay left a feather for Nat, and one for Maple but she was too busy to have her photo taken wearing her feather. The jays are generous with their gifts, We could have made a whole bird out of the feathers dropped this month alone. 


Maple has been minding her collection of animals.



The new dog  adopted from a care shelter,(charity shop) is special needs and  is well loved.  Keeping eye out for wheels for him  so he can get around better.


For your pleasure, a cool breeze from the mountains over yonder, called the golden bear ears.  They live outside our window  in Canada. 

Weird how Canada is just a hop away but we can not go there.  It is like seeing through the candy shop window and the shop is shut. 



 The temperature here today is just right.  Staying cool and staying well. 

8 comments:

  1. I often look up from breakfast and through the window see a rabbit in my neighbor's yard. Not a bunny, not a hare, but a rabbit like that. Its ears may be as short, but certainly not as pink.
    I live across the lake from Canada. I wonder if I'll ever go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eight ball says, "not likely"...We seem to be living in the "remember when" replay.
      This rabbit looks like he probably has a speech impediment.

      Delete
  2. Love the girls tending the animals. My Gillian is also wearing a blue feather, a tiny one that dropped out of the new feather duster.
    Hares and rabbits are not the same animal. Hares are larger with bigger back feet and bigger ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hares are like Jack rabbits? This rabbit is just dopey and weirder than the usual.
      A feather duster feather sounds fancy

      Delete
  3. Love seeing the rabbits there. I was just looking through old photos and found some from when I was living in the Sierra foothills... giant Jack Rabbits. Such beauty. Love the feathers and the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I was growing up we lived in a very wooded and wild area on the edge of town and it was not unusual to scare up a jack rabbit. your rabbit is not a jack rabbit. we have had rabbits out here. I used to see their poop piles around the yard as evidence of their existence because I don't get up early enough to see the actual rabbits. haven't seen any evidence though in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for rabbits -- any size or shape. I'd love to get that close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the blue jays are in their summer moult just now. I usually have a LOT flapping and squawking around my place but they are pretty much M.I.A. Since we came back from holiday.

    ReplyDelete