Across the very busy road from Stella's is where a load of horses live, Beautiful area for horses, well drained - no hoof rot. This country up here is , to my mind, not conducive to horse ownership. Too wet- and there is too much forest. When Dennis was young he was riding - the horse tried to get rid of him by going in between two narrowly spaced trees, it worked! Dennis's ankle was broken so badly that it made his leg about 3 centimeters shorter than the other. There are few trees in Wyoming, or the Texas panhandle, or the Mojave desert- horse country.
Anyway, these horses are well cared for and as you might observe- glad to see ya.
Watering the garden, Stella will be back today sometime
Summer has arrived- and is already going by so quickly! I am eating watermelon like it just got invented and is the newest hippest thing in the market. The cherries are smaller this year but twice as sweet. Isn't that what they say about good things in small packages? By the way I am only 5'3" and as round as a cherry. Just sayin'.
Growing up I was usually smaller than everyone else. Best at hide and seek- I never got 1-2-3ed, just waited for olly -olly- ox- in- free. I could hide in the shadow of a blade of grass. It was my favorite game. I was confident that when the Nazis came I would be overlooked- I had the best hiding places. I worried about my brother, he was a large child, hiding not an option, but he could charm his way out of anything- I only worried for about three minutes, as I emptied my piggy bank of year long savings into his hand because he smiled and asked nicely.
The nazis did not come- until recently, and they came after my boy. He did not hide or charm- oh hell no , front line, with his principles and kind heart. His "cop knee" has such consequence - permanent damage- as if he needs a reminder, right? he had to take time off of work due to knee injury, nearly a year later ( the bastards).Horses and nazi cops will do damage- the difference being that one has evil intent and, of course , is human- the other just does not want to give Dennis a ride.
Go well, Y'all, into this glorious summer.









I pray for your son when I pray, and I thank him for his principles and kind heart. He is yours after all. To me, he is a hero.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that bit about worrying for your brother and then emptying your piggy bank into his palm because he smiled and asked nicely, well, that's a wonderful sibling memory, one rooted in love. I love how you tied all this together.
sibling love is the strongest bond- I miss him terribly.Like losing a limb!
DeleteI must agree , Erik did a heroic thing and did so peacefully with clarity, and that is how it goes I suppose- "mama said there'd be days like this"- no justice no peace.
Well, Erik did what he knew was the right thing and it just sucks that he's having to suffer for it. I'd say "not fair" but what is?
ReplyDeleteThank you for the beautiful pictures. As always.
He is always doing the right thing, when he quit his animation job he asked that anyone taking his place get paid double for it as they must do the work of three. He is a good lad.
DeleteStella's garden is delight in every corner! Nazi bastards are slithering around everywhere since the orange gas bag, He gave them permission.
ReplyDeleteI hope that there will be some restitution for your son. It won't fix things but at least it wold be the right thing.
ReplyDeleteStella's garden is so beautiful in every single way.
I have not seen butterflies for a couple of years- but in her garden there were at least three. Beautiful.
DeleteI don't know the story of what happened to your son, but I can tell from what you've written hereand the comments here that he crossed paths with some very nasty people. I am so sorry. I hope things work out for him. It's never a good thing to cross paths with Nazis. Horrific brutality is their way of being.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to know that you are also a small person. Me too. I was 5'2" at my tallest moment. And now with age and osteoporosis, I am shrinking. I weigh 100 pounds. Let me tell you... I still take up a lot of space!
The nazis were the police and then the aftermath of that horror was getting doxed by the nazis, Portland is a mess , a hub of white supremacists who have not got two brain cells to rub together.Just boiling vile.
DeleteYou are tiny! I am one and half of you!
I hope Erik's lawyers sues the living snot out of the Portland PD. I will always be angry about that.
ReplyDeleteAt this point I think it is a "stand in line, wait your turn" thing with the damn police and charges being brought against them. A work in progress.
DeleteI'm with Allison, here.
ReplyDeleteme too
DeleteMr Elf looks like he could use a coat of paint.
ReplyDeleteyes, ditto what everyone said and you said.
ReplyDeleteI do hope, as others have said, that Erik can somehow hold the police responsible for the damage done to his knee. That third photo of the horse in the pasture is so idyllic -- like a postcard!
ReplyDeleteThat is my hope as well, Portland police are terrorists ,no doubt. There seem to be a lot of postcardy photo ops around here. It is a pretty place on this planet.
Delete