There's something strange in your neighborhood- who you gonna call?
On my way out to Stella's to water her plants, these are for sale in someone's yard.
It is supposed to rain for the next four days- Stella will be back in five so it is possible that I will not drive out there again for that purpose. I may drive out and pick up one of these vehicles for garden art. Pretty sure they can't ambulance any more.
This chair ,in the garden, is not wanting a sitter. Or if one does sit be prepared for a rude surprise.
There is an abundance of elves and fairies and decapitated heads- garden art.
Only about an inch thick , mud and forest and animal odor. I kind of like the smell of wild animals- especially raccoons. It is not terrible like cats or dog poop- just - wild, nature.
Pretty today. Quiet for a Saturday, but then the border is still closed so the Canadians can not come down to their summer homes on the lake and raise hell. They do like to Par-Tay and you know how sound magnifies on water. Covid situation has been good in a lot of respects- prioritizing, staying close to home, not spending cash, ( except for orphan adoption ), not driving around much, thinking of others, making bread for the neighborhood. being still in ourselves- stopping the mad dashes to nowhere. As freaky and existential as it has been, I think humans really needed a smack down.










I love all of these photos, the little gnomes, the smiley face on the water, the raccoon enjoying her egg.
ReplyDeleteStella's little garden is such a delight- She makes thing beautiful no matter where she goes.
DeleteYou have such an eye, Linda Sue. Pretty, pretty pictures.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mary- Ditto!
DeleteSuch beautiful photos. I love reading your description of things there. That raccoon looks so comfy and really adorable. I agree with you... humans really needed a smack down. I'm a bit worried we might have been set free a little too early and another smack down may have to smarten us up a bit more.
ReplyDeleteI agree, I think it is too early , this pandemic has just been practice.
DeleteA lovely task in a beautiful place. Yes, I do think covid was a pause we sorely needed, sad so many had to die needlessly, but that being still in ourselves is definitely something I have been trying to cultivate, with sketchy success. I do hope the improvements in the covid situation carry through the fall and winter, and that what we're experiencing is more than a summer lull. I hear England may go into lockdown again. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteHope is hope- wishes are wishes, in the meantime I will continue to wear a mask and not be around more than five people at a time- I do not trust the summer lull. I am aching to go back to London. Maybe never again in this lifetime!
DeleteI think maybe it has been a wake up call for people who thought being madly busy every second of every day was normal. it's not.
ReplyDeleteThe frenzied pace that humans were wired up to was, has been, insane. The wheel just goes around faster and faster until we all drop from unproductive exhaustion. After five years of orange Meth we really needed to step asaide, inside, and heal- healing in a pandemic, the irony!
DeleteOh she is so sweet with her egg. I agree with your last part about slowing down. I suppose I might not feel that way if younger but I'm not so there!
ReplyDeleteshe did like the egg very much, so i gave her another, then some kibbles and a snooze on the deck, rolling over on her back exposing several nipples full of milk. She is so dear.Just being a raccoon.
DeleteI love the smiley-face float! And the raccoon, so adorable! (From afar, anyway.)
ReplyDeleteUp close they are REALLY cute! They are shy unless they have rabies, some folks have made pets of them but that seems unfair doesn't it.
DeleteDo you think the raccoon knows you?
ReplyDeleteI would guess yes?
Your guess would be correct.
DeleteI haven't sorted out feelings for the almost end of Covid shut down. I don't like being sent home for almost two years, and I don't like not knowing how to get out and start over. It's good the plants had a good soak, though.
ReplyDeleteChange, the only thing we can be sure of..
DeleteWhat a fine plethora of amusing photos! How did the ambulances get there, I wonder. Someone will buy them, they'll have a second life at Comic Con.
ReplyDeleteI'm curious about all of your racoon friends. Racoons are night critters, and we're warned about seeing them out and about during the daytime because it's not normal. Are yours not normal, or are you just up really early?
Raccoons tend to be nocturnal but are also out in the day time if it is safe. They are pretty comfortable scooting out of the woods, through the yard and up onto the deck in full daylight- not always and yes I do get up early. It is a swell time of day!
DeleteThere are parts of this Covid period I will miss. I'm not keen on being "out there" again except in certain situations or with people whose Covid backgrounds and protocols I trust. Yup -- I'm keeping the masks close at hand. I love your bag full of babies -- and that she knows you are her safe people.
ReplyDeleteRight now it is babies getting born time, There is much hunger for the Mamas. They feel comfy here and know that if that "guy" comes around i will chase him with my broom.
DeleteLOL, I'm a Canadian living in cottage country. We are kind of happy the Americans are stuck on the other side. The local economy is taking a dive though.
ReplyDeleteCanada is wise to keep the border closed! I do not like not being able to escape the USA easily but I understand! Americans are the worst.
Delete