There is also a space ship garden on the table- Periwinkles waiting to get planted as ground cover. Dennis bought this Hydroponic system maybe twenty years ago, part of the hoard in the garage, Finally can put it to use! Dennis has nerve damage in his sacral area- (butt) managed to plant about 200 plants already but these will have to wait for the pain to subside.. Arthritis is keeping me from doing any damned thing!! At the moment anyway. I assume it will all improve once I adjust. As for Dennis's nerve pain, he reckons that is just part of his diabetes gig. Our vehicles ,having been run into the ground during this lifetime, are rebelling. Worn out gears and electronics. Not to mention the effects of gravity, droopy, melting. A rocking chair on the veranda sounds like my idea of physical activity.
It is a smashing good morning here on the deck- heating up rapidly but tolerable of course, because we live in the cool north.
The nun doll that came from Fresca has traded in her habit for more sensible wear, Vintage Ken wear. She has a new name too, from something Mary Moon had in her garden, Cherokee Bean.
A fan of nature, adventure and smashing the patriarchy, Cherokee Bean leads the orphans across the deck. They are planning a camping trip but the orphans need time to get used to the idea. They have been told that there are bears. The bear right now are cranky, hungry , protecting cubs - several attacks have occurred, some deaths. "Don't be dumb about bears!", Cherokee Bean admonishes. She is already establishing some rules and education.
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2021/06/21/woman-airlifted-to-hospital-after-receiving-significant-injuries-from-bison-in-yellowstone/?utm_source=Cowboy+State+Daily&utm_campaign=f86d1c3ff7-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_03_04_08_46_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9c1c801cf7-f86d1c3ff7-431697646https://cowboystatedaily.com/2021/06/21/woman-airlifted-to-hospital-after-receiving-significant-injuries-from-bison-in-yellowstone/?utm_source=Cowboy+State+Daily&utm_campaign=f86d1c3ff7-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_03_04_08_46_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9c1c801cf7-f86d1c3ff7-431697646
^^^^a blurb about human idiocy. Happens ever year in Wyoming. People do not understand that wild animals are , duh, WILD!




Cherokee Bean does Ken's clothes well. Wise about bears, too.
ReplyDeleteBears are friends only if they are three inches tall and stuffed with polyfil. As a child I met bears frequently , in the mountains of WYO- lucky for me they were not interested.
DeleteI like Cherokee Bean's new wardrobe, she looks so comfortable. I hope the orphans come around to the idea of camping, they will be safe from the bears.
ReplyDeleteThe little levi jacket with real metal zipper is the clincher! Vintage Ken clothes are awesome-So well made!For the orphans I have found a few vintage doll clothes made for Ginny that are pretty cool- affordable too!
DeleteI have not heard of Ginny, I will check ebay and see if she is there.
DeleteThe ginko tree may grow fast enough to astound you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful name for your new family member. She will be a valuable part of your community with her nature skills.
A sixteen year old girl was attacked while sleeping in a hammock in North Carolina by a bear. Very unusual aggressive behavior. https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article252219683.html
Of course, we are in their territory. Still- frightening.
Bear attacks never end well , maybe bear are just sick of humans, not really hungry for human flesh. I empathize. Bear spray at the ready, if you go out in the woods today!
DeleteI have a gingko tree and I love it. They take awhile but it's worth it.
ReplyDeleteI like Cherokee Bean! Very cute. Hang in there with the arthritis. The rocking chair sounds like a good idea.
They are beautiful trees, Dennis had one at the office but he is out of there now. I do hope it is not a girl tree.
DeleteI am likeing Cherokee Bean a bit more than the Nun...go figure!
I have two gingko trees in my yard. this half acre is a mini forest almost even though we have lost 5 trees in the 14 years we've been here. and I'm sure Ms Nun was delighted to reject the patriarchy and come home to care for the orphans.
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky1 I love Gingko trees, they are poetic and ancient. Your yard is amazing, Ms. Ellen!
DeleteYes, pretty much on a smash the patriarchy agenda around here.
🎶"Cherokee Bean, Cherokee Bean,
ReplyDeleteShe's the best dresser we've ever seen!"🎶
She looks so chic!
But the orphans are the funnest dressers---their hats take the cake! :)
hats make the girl, they say!! anything will do, Maple is fond of a half egg shell hat.
DeleteThe gingko may surprise you!
ReplyDeleteI would welcome that surprise, the books say that they grow slowly for the first few years and then suddenly get used to the fact that growing is what it ought to do, and so it does!
Delete