Baby's bed of squished lavender, a lovely place to hide until Mom comes to get you.
Like these- they just de-petaled and died quick as a snap.
Everything else seems to be perky, loving the sunshine and the drink of gallons of water morning and evening.
So, did you hear that California is drying up? Well, there you go, news of the day. Hot and dry- no surprise , we have known that this would occur .
The blues and purples have my attention, soothing, glorious, purply spiritual and royal.
The baby trying to decide if it should cross the street, too many have made the wrong decision- there have been several reported injuries and death this year. People have been let loose and are insane! Traffic is especially crazy these days after covid prison- folks have lost their minds. I hope that gas prices skyrocket( which they will do, wish or not) and everyone will need to drive electric, crawl, or bicycle, or stumble, which is my favorite mode of getting from one place to the other. Old people walk funny. I aim to perfect it as well as my penchant for dressing clownishly, this will be fun! Old age peculiar ways of being, Earth on fire and the dance (stumble) takin' it ALL to the street . What else can we do.
First raccoon baby of the season came to the deck with Mama just now.
a substantial baby!
Oh my heart!!
Come to me , Baby, scratch me until bloody, give me rabies, i don't care...I love you, I must have you!










Your neck of the woods is looking remarkably fecund today. Peonies are irritating, they are so beautiful, so perfect, and then they die so quickly. They should last longer.
ReplyDeletePeonies are very zen like that, i guess. They are magnificent at their prime which is quick as a wink! Like mine was- I am a peony. Stay cool down yonder, I think of you on warm days!!
DeleteAll those flowering plants are just lovely.
ReplyDeleteThey truly are, They are plump and juicy- we shall see if they hold up for the next few days of hotter than hell, so the weather person says.
DeleteI love seeing all the beautiful life there... the mama deer and fawn, the flowers, that baby raccoon.
ReplyDeleteI've been reading about the expected heatwave. Are you in the zone for that? It does look it's going to be so hot and challenging. We're supposed to be just outside of the heatwave zone here on the coast. I'm hoping that's true. I hope all stays safe and well there.
We are in the iffy zone, Sure it will be unusually warm, I may bring the plants into the shade. Portland is already up to 111 degrees. my lord! Does anyone, other than Sahara folk ,do well in the heat? Fingers crossed the coast is mild!
DeleteWhat are those beautiful dark purple flowers with the creamy yellow edging? It's a shame peonies are so delicate and have such a short season. but at least you have so much other beauty and the babies!
ReplyDeletethey are a kind of fancy petunia. They last longer than peonies.
DeleteLife is simply busting out all over! What beauty you have shared with us today, Linda Sue. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThe beauty before the heat , which we will get this week end - big time. I will shift the plants to the shade and water them a lot. Put out tray of water for birds and animals and then go live in the bath tub full of cold water.
DeleteTHE BABY IS OUT OF THE BAG!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the best news, Linda Sue, and it makes me happy, drought be damned.
(It's here too, in MN.)
Say, do you have nettles amongst all your pretty plants?
I'm house sitting a place with lots of nettles---the home owner mentioned they are good for arthritis pain.
Looked it up:
"Nettle has historically been used to treat pain and sore muscles, especially related to arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation suggests that nettle tea may reduce the inflammation and pain association with osteoarthritis. "
P.S. So... picture me rolling in the nettles...
DeleteHa, ha---not!!!
But the Nets say, besides making tea with fresh leaves,
"its leaves, stem and roots can be cooked and added to soups, stews, smoothies and stir-frys"--I'm going to try that.
Harvest with gloves!
Oh good idea!! Ginger and cur-cumin have been working a bit, Nettles are said to be good for many things, I had forgotten - thank you!
DeleteI am surprised to see only one baby raccoon, there will be more I think.
At least we can be healthy while we fall apart. Right? (LOL)
DeleteI love Baby too. Oh, I know exactly what you mean about people driving like insane folk after Covid. Rick and I almost cheer when gas prices go up (although to be honest, with driving back and forth to the lake I sometimes wonder if that's in my best interests!) I especially hate seeing people rip through the neighborhoods too fast. I worry about kids and pets.
ReplyDeleteDriving during covid was so mellow, i had forgotten about crazy drivers. Pretty soon electric cars and juice boxes will be difficult to obtain due to demand and parts difficult to get. I think that I am glad that we are leasing one for now.
Deletewell, when you're done, you're done I guess. why drag it out? heat wave in the PNW too I hear. hotter than us and we are plenty hot. love your magic deck.
ReplyDeleteThat is the plan, heat dome and drought up here, So unusual- nobody has air conditioning, of course. Well , we do, and I love it when needed but most folks do not. Climate change is going to send us all in a tailspin, I reckon! I am thinking that right about now a forest fire might destroy the entire west coast.
DeletePeonies. I used to grow them when I lived up north. In the 20 years I grew them, they were only consistently spectacular a couple of years. Still, I love them. They are one of the few plants you almost have to immediately cut and bring inside if you want to enjoy them. Maybe that's a good thing?
ReplyDeleteyes, they are a very "in the moment" flower, and they are extraordinary in their beauty. I get excited every year to see their ant covered balls.
DeleteAnd their little red shoots just breaking the soil in mid-spring. Very exciting.
Delete