My Blog List

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Recovering well, Investing in the royals, thrift finds







Accompanied  by her sisters  who seem to be taking care of her, sniffing her nose and face , patting her, and leading her up and down the stairs. She is washing her wounds . She looks so much better today! Missing a few teeth from her gorgeous smile. 



-0-

Harry and Meghan in the news though it is no news.

-0-


One day ,when Meghan and Harry were about  to get married, they were to go to  the radio station in Brixton just down the street from where I was, so , why not, I meandered down around 9 o'clock in the morning, which meant that I was in the front of the massive crowd that showed up. Here we are , freezing, out in the January rain, unprepared but not wanting to lose out spot.  We huddled together. I have nine  uncomfortable , blue lipped hours invested in Meghan and Harry and so it is of interest to me that they are left alone and given permission to live their  exceptional lives. Who can even wonder why they abandoned ship!  ( you have seen "The Crown")  Meghan and Harry were so close  to us that I could have given them herpes if I had any to give. Charming, adorable ,genuine and friendly,   I wish them well- I wish the Queen well, but the whole royal thing escapes me. I would run away too. Seriously doubt that I will watch the interview with Oprah, I will just keep this memory, thank you. 



I had to go to the post office yesterday, I have not been out for a while , feeling a bit cocky having had one injection and wearing two masks , I went to the "other people's stuff stores ".  Found a couple of these Federal glass , Danish rooster, Irish coffee mugs from mid century coolness.
And the sock monkey (above) 



Not sure why , but hand blown clear glass catches my  eye  every time,  stacks and stacks of glass this and that - row upon row of glass everything. BOING, eye caught!
It is the imperfection and the clarity of the glass , the bit of wobble. The shape of this one is especially appealing with its fold over rim. So cute! So cheap!


First blossom of the season from the little plum. It was not much more than a stick when Erik received it for a birthday when he was in elementary school. Odd to give a little tree to a kid for a present instead of the most awesome toy in the shop...but this made sense, the lad loves plants.



 

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh look , you even spelled her name correctly. They are sweet kids as far as we know. Harry has always been a fave.

      Delete
  2. Sock Monkey- one dollar! I made one once long ago, and I can tell you I would not have sold it for one dollar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raccoon looks better! Go her! The little clear glass vase is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She comes around to remind me, I think, to not be such a downer all the time. "have a little faith", which I so do not have. I likely will continue to think the worst if a situation in question arises- never wanting to be disappointed- kind of like reading the ending of books before I get stuck in.

      Delete
  4. I'm very glad to see the little raccoon recovering and know that she is not alone. The sock monkey is pretty cute and I love the little clear vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sometimes do travel together especially after their mother died, There were six last summer, narrowed down to three after the mountain lion snacked on them and every other living thing in the area., but it is so good to see her sisters take care of her.

      Delete
  5. Raccoon girlettes!
    I am relieved to see the wounded one recovering---and practicing proper wound care (washing!).
    It touches my heart that the others pat her.

    Here's a poem:

    Life is tough.
    We need stuff
    To cheer us up!
    Like the rooster cup.

    Imperfect things are the best. They are robust. Like us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha that is so fun! Girlette raccoons and a poem that rocks! Thank you Fresca,

      Delete
  6. That little bottle would have begged me to buy it as well.
    Look at that strong little raccoon! She is something else, isn't she?
    I really don't understand the ruckus about this H&M interview. And seven million dollars for doing it? I mean, I loved the wedding and it was charming and fairy-taleish but come on. It's a mystery to me whey Americans care this much about their story. I wish them all the luck in the world and I'm thrilled that Meghan is going to have another baby but...
    Oh. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oprah is a savvy biz woman that is for sure! The interview will be world wide and you are so right, Who cares? It is an unusual story in all of the stories of celebrity and royals, not your everyday couple of folks. And they are cute.
      My raccoon makes an intriguing story , I reckon. And the Mama's to be raccoons more interesting to watch- at the moment there are two on the deck , plump with babies.

      Delete
    2. How much??$$ Yikes! That's ridiculous.

      Delete
    3. The money goes to Oprah's network, the Royals are not getting a dime.

      Delete
  7. sweet little raccoon girl. and yes cool little clear bottle. as for Meghan and Harry, who cares. I care as much for them as I do Bill and Melinda Gates which is to say not at all. I do not get the whole American obsession with what the British royals are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. British royals live such odd lives, it is a living novel. Fascinating , dysfunctional, $$$$ and a throw back to times of yore. I must admit I am intrigued and i do love Queen E, her strange life of duty. The children are all odd- it is like pretend with the girlettes but without so much plastic.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad the raccoon is doing better! My only gripe about Meghan and Harry is, why are they doing this interview, when they no longer want to be royal and no longer want to be harassed by paparazzi? If they want to be left alone, I can respect that, but then don't go attention-seeking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, they want privacy or so it has been said. I suppose they are getting flack from "The Firm", who has been royally insulted by their departure. It is all so silly but I am glad harry got out of that world. AND I am trying to learn some optimism from you, it is a slow process.

      Delete
  9. Glad the 'coon is healing up! Good to have sisters.
    Yeah, Meghan and Harry. I've never understood acceptance of a Monarchy form of government in present times. I guess I live on the right side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so...though the Queen has nothing to do with governing, she is juat...a Queen in a palace, producing a lot of revenue through tourism and objects. It is a romantic notion and i do love all of the Englishness of castles and crowns and tradition. It feels stable.

      Delete
  10. We might have had a bit of a competition for that cute glass bottle/vase. But the biggest, best news is that our girl is getting better and that her sisters are taking good care. I'm glad -- big smiles here.

    I admire Harry and Meghan for chucking it all (no pun intended). I find the royalty fascinating both historically and as an institution and people but boy -- I don't think I'd want to be one. I do really admire the Queen, though. I'd like to think they would make changes to evolve and I had hopes that Harry and Meghan could help facilitate that. But if I was Harry, I'd be out of there with my family, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not for the horrid British press they might have stayed, who knows but I am glad that they are out too. Sixth in line for the throne, who cares. Too much control over their lives so now they have none.

      Delete