Bugsley came over to hang out, he is the oldest of the spider children and thinks he is the boss of the world. He ran away with Nat's hat! "OH my goodness!" cried a most exasperated Bear.
Mother spider, returned the hat and apologized for the misdeeds of Bugsley, as she is quite used to doing, .
Nat and Bear are glad. Bear SO glad that he immediately stood on his head, which he is prone to do when over joyed, even though it does make his tummy growl.
Nat squealed and said "I can do that!" And so, they stood on their heads until they felt hungry.
Bear growled, "I love you , Nat." and Nat whispered, " I love you, Bear". They then disappeared into the kitchen for a nosh. They found raisins , dropped by Bugsley , who told them that it was rabbit poo. Nat and Bear ate them all and laughed and laughed, and said "yum-yum, we love to eat poo, won't Bugsley be surprised."
-0-
On the morning deck ( I wish I could foster a bit of optimism, I lean to the dark side) pretty sure that the baby had died, and what do you know- there she is, looking mighty rough and skinny but eating and drinking and splashing in the cake pan. Her vision is compromised , her ears are tattered, and you can see - she is pretty messed up. Baby's back! I wish I could take better care of her. Trapping her would be too scary and stressful for her so, I am putting all of my chips on mother nature. Fingers crossed.
These two are Mr. and Mrs. Bhang. They bully everyone rudely and loudly. When I show them my broom, they scoot, looking over shoulder all attitude and squawks, marching about seven inches, turning right around to come back, insisting that Raccoon and Squirrel and Peg get lost. They like each other very much, which is a good thing. They have no other friends.
Stay well, especially if you live in Texas or Mississippi, The governors there are nutso , trying to kill their constituents and use it against immigrants and Biden's humane policy. Republican asswipes. WHATCHAONNADO???
-0-
------"While they were busy eating treats and lounging against the barrier of their enclosure, the San Diego Zoo’s orangutans and bonobos, one by one, became the first great apes to get COVID-19 vaccines.
The vaccine isn’t from Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson—it’s an experimental vaccine developed by the veterinary pharmaceutical company Zoetis for dogs and other animals. (I repeat: the apes did not take anyone’s place in line!)
After the San Diego Zoo Safari Park’s troop of gorillas caught the coronavirus in January, their caretakers were willing to take a risk. Winston, the silverback gorilla, had developed heart disease and pneumonia. Non-human primates, it turns out, can get really sick from COVID-19, and the zoo needed to protect its other apes." -------( this from Nat. Geo)
I was going to leave a snarky comment about not having a problem with it, if the orangutans and bonobos jumped the queue in front of some republican senators who are obstructing progress, but I guess that would be rude. I am happy that the apes are getting shots for this. The baby raccoon is not looking so good, thank you for caring for her.
ReplyDeletehaha, yes , well the republican deniers should have to go to the back of the line for sure.
DeleteThat's a great story Nat had with her friends.
ReplyDeleteI do hope Baby Raccoon pulls through.
I was pretty sure she had died, I have not seen her for a long time...but she is a tough cookie!
DeleteRaccoons in the wild only have a three year life span, I can see why. She is messed up, poor little girl.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the Baby is back but boy, looks like a really rough time. I wish she could get better and you could treat her but I can see where that would be super traumatic for both of you. Just hurts to see it.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly does, - damn the natural world!
DeleteI LOVE the Nat and Teddy story! I had a grin as wide as my face :)
ReplyDeleteI'm very glad to see baby raccoon still around, she may surprise you and survive to adulthood, that wound appears to be healing.
I hadn't heard about the apes getting vaccinated, that's a good thing to happen.
One might think I have nothing better to do, right? Still staying at home for over a year has made me a little bit mad...Dollies and baby raccoons seem to be my life now! Anyway, I hope she makes it and has wee babes in the summer as she ought.
DeleteA PUSHMEPULLYOU post:
ReplyDeletethe joy and hilarity of Nat and the Bug--(you are brilliant at channeling the girlettes)--vs the pain and fear for the baby raccoon. I'm glad she's alive anyway---she must be tough...
It's a Mad Max world out there.
Baby Raccoon is resilient poor thing. I would rather she not be in the condition that she is in but I am glad she still comes around, it is good to see her and give her some food and a splash in the pan. Playing is good also. The girlettes owe everything to you.
Deleteglad to see that baby is back and the LS still knows how to play make believe. I despise those stupid fucking republicans especially my governor.
ReplyDeleteDefine "make-believe"...in this world seems that everything might be! I agree , your governor is an idiot in the extreme! A sick man!!! Not sick enough- ( I hope that covid gets his ass).
Delete