A while back I felted this "irritable bowl". It was an experiment, pulling wool from one inside layer (there are five) through scissored bits and re-felting them into points. Maple decided to do something about its perceived disposition, she dressed up, and carried her baby deer over to cheer it . I think it may have softened somewhat... This is a bad photo but you get the gist, right?

Maple thanked her baby deer and asked if she could give it a kiss.
Which is nothing like sexual harassment. In fact the whole Cuomo thing makes me quite irritable and cross. He did not sexually harass, grab anyone by the kitty cat, rape, or threaten loss of job IF. I am calling
BS on the "me too" implication, diminishing actual sexual harassment , making a mockery of legit "Me Too" issues. As was done with Al Franken. THAT was capital BS!!
Gov. Cuomo has been and still is the voice of reason, unyielding to pressures from the folks he may have irritated. New York needs him- he is no Howdy Doody glad hander, nor is he a predator. My irritable bowl rather suits me today, pissed off about this stupid shenanigan.
Here is some good news-
This is the new Albany County Laramie Wyoming Sheriff , Aaron Appelhans. The county is 3X the size of Rhode Island- there are 650 POC out of 39,000, Wyoming is ultra conservative and racist as hell. This is a giant baby step but then ,of course, it is Laramie, sweet little liberal pocket in the land of trump flags Guns, misogyny, and you know, all that is a detriment to democracy, which fails utterly in the face of ill-educated voters. I say, Socrates died for nothing but a courageous stab at it.




I second everything, including the irritable bowl.
ReplyDeleteHear hear! Preach sister , preach!
DeleteI agree about Franken. Distasteful, juvenile, cheap comedian b.s. But, from what I know or remember about it, not fire-able. But Cuomo. What he said to the 25 year old employee, grabbing the first claimant by the face to kiss her once she had removed his hand from her lower back. Way out of line. His apology was shite. I think there will be more coming forward with instances. His bullying, toxic workplace? Nope. Just nope. Smash the patriarchy.
ReplyDeleteOops, I got it wrong. It was the third claimant forward that told of his hands on her face. Ick. And I just saw the picture. But truly, aren't the questions and comments he made to the 25 year old considered sexual harassment?
ReplyDeleteno, the woman can say "fuck off". She has history in her favor now, she has power, can stand up and tell anyone male or female to not touch her face, thank you. Dennis's comment was typical- he said ," well she is pretty cute I might ask her for a kiss too"....so, just saying, I know what sexual harassment is and that ain't it. As for smash the patriarchy , yes indeed.She missed her opportunity in the moment.
DeleteMaple is so cute with her little deer, where on earth does one find tiny toys like that? Penny Cooper has a tiny teddy over on Fresca's blog.
ReplyDeleteYour new sheriff is a handsome fellow.
I have always loved tiny objects due to having grown up in a tiny house, as a consequence tiny things usually catch my eye right off the bat.
DeleteThe new sheriff says that he is not a "cop", he is a Peace Officer and holds to that.
You made a corona bowl. An irritable bowl indeed.
ReplyDeleteI'm not in a position to defend or accuse Cuomo. Don't know enough. At the very least, he acted inappropriately. Can you imagine a woman of his age approaching a boy of her age like that? I'm cranky about such things right now. I heard a quote last night on a podcast from Aristotle about women and their place in the world and it made me want to puke. And the thing is- it's not just that this is what learned and wise men of his time thought, it's that he taught Alexander the Great that this was the truth of it. Who carried those beliefs to all corners of the known world. It's a twisted, nasty way of thinking about women and their position in the world that persists to this day. Of course it wasn't just Aristotle. But the fact is, it would be hard for most young women to tell a man of his position to fuck off. Especially when he was just being "nice." Our gender has been gaslighted forever. A few years of "Me Too" has not reversed that.
That's my take on it all this morning, anyway. And like I said, I'm being cranky.
Yes, Patriarchy is getting its willy whacked, The women's pink pussy hat march rather lit up but it is time to stand up in the moment individually and to call it out, be prepared for patriarchal backlash from powerful males who are stuck in that entitlement issue but feeling that they are loosing ground. Stay cranky, my friend- "keep it real, compared to what"-disrespect is not sexual harassment in my mind, tiny as it is, but, with history that goes so far back , we as female persons are making strides all of a sudden. Watershed moment and is our responsibility as women to buck up. Females of my son's generation are a feistier breed - not quite so "not bad for a girl, taking backseat, gaslit submissive", oh hell no! Moving forward but not burying conditioned old men in their wake. They will bury themselves. As , it seems, is happening. I am disappointed in that young woman for not standing up- I do not consider her youth, I had more fire at that age than ever and an off putting vocabulary to thwart unwanted attention. "Bitch", I am. Time for females to wear the crown of hand knit pink pussy hats in attitude with pride , not literally , mind you, just as we do not carry rainbow flags into the room all day everyday, it is always there in our hearts and minds- Stand up and stay cranky, and wear your PP crown as you would an invisible cloak of power. It is big girl pantie time.
DeleteAll true but we do not know the background of this particular lady. And we cannot assume that she has a feisty spirit nor that she has been raised to believe in herself. If she was abused as a child, the sort of thing that Cuomo did might trigger and freeze her. I speak as one who is all too aware of that possibility. We are all on different paths as to our own abilities to stand up for ourselves. Bottom line for me is- she shouldn't have been put in that situation to begin with.
DeleteIf the Cuomo allegations are true and more than overly friendly, it's kind of creepy. But he is a voice of reason and was such a steady hand over Covid. I admire how he has handled it all. I'm very worried about your baby raccoon. And LOVE the bowl,which has a great name!
ReplyDeletecreepy , yes, but then, old men generally are especially if they have any power over others. That is a given and a generational thing. Women are not taking it anymore especially the younger folks. I am not ready to throw Cuomo under the bus.
DeleteThe baby has not been around, her wounds were so harsh that I think sh went into the forest and died. Damn.
Peg i sso sweet looking. Poor thing. But with you to look after her she should be fine. And how can that bowl continue to be irritable with Maple and the baby deer?
ReplyDeleteI gave Peg a sausage this morning but it stuck sideways across her beak because she stabbed it wrong. With only one foot to pry it loose she could not do it and marched around the deck until she found a way. The ever handy cake pan!
Delete