My Blog List

Monday, March 1, 2021

hairy bowl, Mama, Baby and laundry



I turned the hat into a scary bowl.  I am not sure about it, might give it a hair cut. The wisps are raw lamb's wool, Einstein hair. 

Last week when I was looking at eBay in the middle of the night, This Nistis doll showed up . I mean  really, could I resist?  No I could not!  A Mama with her laundry and her baby, from the 50's, felt and wire and I really should stay away from  eBay and Etsy in the middle of the night!  But , OHHHhhhhh- so dear.

She came today with three other dolls the same sort but not as wonderful. 



In the kitchen, grapes as large as plums, Ripe red tomatoes, green bananas because the others went into more bread.  We have never eaten so healthily. Dennis is making it all possible because it is eat right or die. He can handle little bits of banana bread and maybe two grapes but since they are the size of a cow's eye, two grapes really count as four. 

I noticed on ETSY that some are sending out their items using Fed X instead of USPS. I sent something to  Cincinnati, sent on the 16th and it still has not arrived, I sent it priority with insurance and extra postage to be sure that it would get there.     

15 comments:

  1. The little dollie is so sweet.
    I'm still using USPS. Once the Christmas backlog was delivered, I've had no trouble. Which is to say, by February it was OK leaving NE Ohio and being delivered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad that USPS is still working for you. Hoping that it will be a priority with President Biden.

      Delete
  2. I love the Mama and Baby dolls. I need to stay away from ebay too, late night do not bring clear thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy just to click on the bid and then all of a sudden - more clutter in the house! But I am not sorry about this one. She is so cute

      Delete
  3. I like the fringe on the bowl (or hat)--reminds me of a sea anemone.

    I used to have one of those amazing felt dolls, but yours is most amazing. The laundry!
    (Photos of the others to be forthcoming?)

    I suppose I'm eating healthier too--but not on purpose--it's because the closed restaurants mean I have to cook at home instead of going out for burgers and fries.
    I'm surprised I rather like it this way now--
    certainly cheaper.
    Frex = Fresca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FREX- You are right- some things that this pandemic has made possible is the slowing down of consuming - going out to spend big $$$ on restaurant experience. All the money saved gives me permission to buy crazy stuff on eBay or ETsy. The dolls came , packed so bizarrely- just tossed into a too big box with the persons old mail and garbage! Weird but the dolls are OK.

      Delete
  4. I think your bowl is very fancy, very fine, and very feminine. If you catch my drift.
    Your dollies are the best. A madonna of the laundry and child.
    I love how you surround yourself with color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vagina bowl? Curly pube bowl? That works for me! Color is good, up here in the dark grey weather.
      I had to scoop up this dolly, just had to- you understand!

      Delete
  5. that Louis DeJoy has got to go. your mom and baby and laundry is a fine doll though she doesn't strike me as made in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha no, she is from Salamanca Spain, Made for the tourist industry back in the day, a company competing with Klumpe dolls, which are not as cute, in fact they are very strange. Dejoy is trumps middle finger to the postal service.

      Delete
  6. All part of the Trump legacy of defunding the Post Office, no doubt! Do you have tracking so you can check on where it is? I like the bowl. It DOES look like a sea creature, as Frex said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sea creature is good, too. Mary's idea makes sense as well. Postal service, for godsake, what a thing to gut!! all because of mail in voting and trump's assholeism. It must be fixed! Not everything is virtual, is it.

      Delete
  7. Oh, my! I love what you have made of your bowl! I agree with Ms. Moon. It has a yoni tone. And I love the doll! And she does laundry--as all the best dolls do. Now if she cooked...I would pay dearly. I am only somewhat eating healthier. Doing bare minimum cooking since I have to manage with small toaster oven, hot plate, and microwave and a mini-fridge. This living tiny would be easier if I had at least a 3/4 kitchen and a washer and dryer. But I manage with the help of take-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny living is the trend, you trend setter! I could get by just fine with an electric kettle and a micro wave. Washer and dryer essential however!

      Delete
  8. I like the Scary Bowl. I like the name as much as the bowl!

    ReplyDelete