My Blog List

Friday, March 5, 2021

fat felting, and Netflix

Some one gave me free wool- the base is  white polwarth, a sheep that was a hit in  northern Victorian England . I suppose it has a specific purpose for weaving  but it is like felting marshmallow, thick and spongy. Might make a good cushion top. The purple/blue  "top" was being tossed out. There was not much of it but enough to cover whatever this is. When ever there are failures I immediately think- pincushion. This would make a hefty one, I must say. As I have stated before, I rarely know what I am doing- life is an experiment.

I will not spoil anything here - watched all of  Netfix "Murder among the Mormons"  last night which is worthy to be sure and not at all what you may think. That age old question of "What's real". Which takes me to conspiracy theories (religion) and why they have taken hold. Once lies are established, once trust has been broken, anything is possible. The human condition!


 

13 comments:

  1. This is the second time I've seen "Murder Among the Mormons" mentioned today, so the universe (or could it be JESUS?) is clearly telling us to watch it tonight! Your wool creation is beautiful, even if it is "hefty"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think jesus would like the DOC. It is some clever bad Ju-ju but I can. not help admiring the skills involved. The wool thing is hearty that is for sure! Would make a great puppy bed.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I'm always looking for new Netflix binges. This one sounds like Mary Moon's speed but I might try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hint. I just watched some trash when Sex and the City ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no sex but there might be intrigue...and skills

      Delete
  4. Murder Among the Mormons? I'll have to see if my K can download that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I like the wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a bit ...thick! polwarth wool is very squidgy!

      Delete
  6. That's a fabulous piece. LOVE the colors. We're still binging Netflix (season 4) then we can add new shows! I'll remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I have watched all i care to watch on Netflix and then they send out a new one. Covid has been a boon to them to be sure!

      Delete
  7. We watched it too. Because I have listened to so many Mormon Stories podcasts, I knew the story but it was really interesting to put faces to voices and names.
    The colors in that felting are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are well versed in Mormonism that is true! I had never heard of the salamander letter and i do find it hilarious, but then, that is religion.

      Delete