This morning I got up very early, checked on vaccines in the town, found a place miles away, went there, but they were only doing second vaccine shots, I went to another closer to town, It was still only 8:10 AM, Got there and there was a line all the way to the freeway of people shivering in the cold. Found a place to park, got in line, filled out paper work at the back of the line, By 9:00 the vaccines were gone. Came home, got a message from Janet that Rite Aid was taking appointment only- filled out the form about fifty times trying to find available time. Finally found one for Thursday afternoon, hoping like hell that by that time they have not run out.
This is the bumper sticker I parked behind.Got some clothing together for Ms. Fecundity, roomier generous things that are probably too uncool for her but she can decide. I drove them over to her house, but got the address wrong, came back home, looked it up again and of course i remember passing it thinking that "that can not be the house where our girl lives"...It is funky I must say, Remember being that age? We would live in anything. BUT it is homey and there are chickens and the aroma wafting from the kitchen smelled like Mom's home cooking- all is well. Covid vaccine roulette- but I think that with an appointment i may have a chance- The second place where I went this morning advised all to get there by 6:00 am tomorrow, they do not start jabbing until 8:00- just like today, wait out in the cold for two hours, only to be turned away because it is a mob! One zillion folks showing up, elderly of course because that is the rule- who knew that there were so many old folks here that could still drive!
So, fingers crossed i will get the first jab on Thursday. Whoopeedoo! I'm in with the In crowd!


Fingers crossed here too. It sounds hopeful at least!
ReplyDeleteWell, this is a huge good sign. But it shouldn't have to be this hard for anyone.
ReplyDeleteTerrific! I hugged and kissed Owen, Gibson, Maggie and Lily today.
ReplyDeleteIt was all so sweet.
Also? Love the chickens. Good for your girl! I do love a nice chicken butt.
I will cross my fingers that all goes perfectly. Good for your perseverance.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping that we don't have to make appointments when it is our turn to be vaccinated. Our TV news last night said that by the time round three happens, (that's me), the vaccine should be available from doctors and chemists, which will be easier than running all over trying to get a spot. Currently it is only major hospitals and not even all of them.
ReplyDeleteYou are on your way! I got my second one yesterday. Today I have a sore arm, and a tremendous sense of relief. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteI got my first jab 6 weeks ago. can't get the second. so fucked up.
ReplyDeletejust got the call, getting the second shot tomorrow.
DeleteHaving people wait in line like that is just inhumane. Hope it goes well and you get the shot. I have no idea how I schedule my second shot, assuming I get the first on Sunday as I am currently scheduled to do. Maybe someone at the mass vaccine place will know, maybe not.
ReplyDeleteWhy is the covid administration so chaotic there? Seems like in other places, people are able to register and get called in. I don't see why you should have to stand in line for hours. That's ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do remember when I would live in any place that I decided I could make home. Good for those young-uns, finding a place to make good kitchen smells and for housing chickens. So sorry you had to do the vaccine run around for naught. I've decided not to do that, so am sitting patiently waiting for the clinic to be set up at BTC, giving those in the nursing program some practical experience. I suspect that once the J&J vaccine is approved, any day now, that we will have more availability. Rite Aid will come through for you, I just know it. Why, though, does so much of this process rely on word of mouth. We should/could be much better at this. But priorities are a mess.
ReplyDelete