My Blog List

Saturday, February 27, 2021

What have I made? What will it be?

The awkward slippery wooly ,soapy , wet ,sloppy, no idea what could come from this smooshy glob.




Could be a bowl inside out or outside in,



Or a funky hat , with jughead edges. 
 I don't know- bowl or hat, not sure where to take this.


It could be a small bag of some sort- or a cushion for a kitten. Whatever this becomes I do like the colors out of my massive wool stash. I may felt it down to a pin cushion, that would be useful! I rarely have a plan- things just make themselves into other things. 

Stella is getting first jab on Tuesday- when we are  jabbed with the last stick full of NO-No corono - our first stop will be Marysville Charity shop, and beyond! Looking forward to the best and the worst of someone else's trash. Who knows , we may find treasure like we did in the olden days before 2020.
 

15 comments:

  1. That first picture looks like a giant scoop of ice cream! I'm looking forward to going to thrift shops/charity shops again soon. I want a wide range of fabrics and patterns and colours to make clothes for Meg, and hopefully soon, a sister. I'll but=y older things that I won't mind cutting up and they'll be softer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. scoop of ice cream- yes!Dennis thought I was making bread...anyway, soft fabrics will occur, Vaccines are happening!

      Delete
  2. Well, whatever it is, it's cool. I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a hat today a bowl tomorrow and then when that gets tiresome felt it into a pin cushion. See how it goes...

      Delete
  3. so many things to do and places to go. shops to visit! trips to take! OK, slow down. not there yet but perhaps by year's end. hat or bowl or pin cushion doesn't matter. what matters is the making. but that reminds me, I could use a pin cushion. I used to have one long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wool makes the best pin cushions! Yes, it might become that.I have not felted for a long time so getting wool out is a start. I have not done much of anything but with the first injection done, i found a bit of spark. Onward- Ms. Ellen!!

      Delete
  4. Whatever it is, I'm impressed with how corona-creative you've stayed.
    Funny to think of 2019 as "olden days". Happy jabbing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it as a hat! Also, I think you could sell those hats. I would buy one in a nanosecond. I always love your use of color. As for no-no-corona jab number 2, remember not to hit those charity shops till two weeks after, to allow full protection to take root!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a purse without handles---yet. Poke holes with a giant knitting needle and insert handles. Do you knit? I'd knit I-cord, then felt it too, and use of handles. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it as a hat. I was thinking maybe I'd try making felt, but it's easier for me to buy it than make a mess here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, whatever it is. It can be many things, all its life, right?

    I thought ice-cream too, with a creme de menthe for topping!

    I love that thrift stores are first on your list--would be mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a project when you aren't quite sure what it will be -- but there are plenty of options so no worry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it's a hat, I think it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete