My Blog List

Friday, February 5, 2021

Medic Maple and her arrow


Looking out this morning, though a dirty window and dim skies, the neighbor's chimney looks to me like a layer cake. Icing dripping from ginger bread .When a chimney looks like food you know you have gone over the edge. 

Dennis had his second vaccination, he is good to go. I am still staying home, waking every morning to a not-there-yesterday- pain somewhere - this morning it was shoulder and arm, which makes me uneasy as that is how it began, you know-  neck surgery, two years to heal, nerve damage, Damn, old person's complaint... a fresh one every day it seems... But this particular pain makes me suspect, feels familiar and traumatic...Advil please and thank you. 


Here is a baby tomato, and some plump basil, under the little grow light that  casts weird  orangey/pink shadows. The lettuce, mysteriously- not -so- mysteriously, disappears once it appears...the man eats babies...


-O-


Maple saw this and thought it a great army to join-


She formed her own , named it " Mission EROS." She is the medic because she has the only  stethoscope, plus she knows quite a lot about stuff. The others , not so much . She has already earned two belt status! The others must prove themselves, especially the Russians, who have to improve their attitudes before they get their own Eros arrows, and some measure of trust. The British guard has one belt, given to him by the Queen of the world, so...can step to the front if he will.



---Hesiod (Greek poet, 8th cent. B.C.) called Eros "Fairest of the deathless gods." Later, by the time of Plato (Greek philosopher, 4th cent. B.C.) Eros' image had softened: "Love - Eros - makes his home in men's hearts, but not in every heart, for where there is hardness he departs. ...he cannot do wrong...For all men serve him of their own free will. And he whom Love touches not walks in darkness." Eros/Cupid became the personification of love in ALL its manifestations, including physical passion at its strongest; tender, romantic love; and playful, sportive love.---



Marching through the house, checking hearts, confidently, with purpose Maple finds most in working order.





Except  one.  A hard , steel, cold, edgy heart- This will require Maple's  genius medic skills,  though Eros would likely leave it, Maple does not take "no way" for an answer- EVER! 


 with  the use of her largest arrow,  she mightily pierces the mighty hard heart! Hear that? "Ting -ting-ting" a slight heart beat!  
All is good, mission accomplished for the day.
 
 Satisfied with a job well done- will be earning another belt, most likely...


but  not until   a nap , of course,  tea and  cake , THEN  a belt ceremony -  the Russian guys have a long way to go yet., they are fancy and proper looking  but no belts for them yet.  Maple shall "lead by example," motto of the Love Army.

 Carry on, Love army- there is  a fighting chance,  the white house over yonder  all clean and shiny, trash removed and  dumped- YAY, and some  trickster  named  Q (Thanatos in  disguise) getting the boot, too, Rubbish in the tip! Little chance for them against the Love Army!   Happy  cloying February! Don't get diabetes!
 

19 comments:

  1. Yay for the Love Army! I'm so glad Q and his official representative in Congress have been sanctioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah!! And Liz Cheney stepping up, wonders may never cease! what is this strange feeling- OPTIMISM?

      Delete
  2. Oh, Maple! What good work you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maple declares you as CAPTAIN. She has three belts reserved for you.

      Delete
  3. Maple is grateful - and considered your suggestion, but decided that she is too busy learning to count at the moment and of course there is the army to tend to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fortunate medic, living in the house of so many hearts. And with a chimney dripping icing across the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maple, what a fabulous character she is:)
    Love the mini stethoscope too. I notice she has brown and black belts, in karate terms that's top notch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressive! she found them in the drawer with luggage tags but they fit her very well. Pleased to hear the top notch category of those colors.

      Delete
  6. My first experience of Maple! When I have a minute I must go looking for more of her. As I first began reading this blog I was concerned about "But this particular pain makes me suspect, feels familiar and traumatic." But you have convinced me that the Love Army (and one's creative imagination) conquers all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far nothing that Advil can not take care of. It did/does make me nervous but doctor visits being what they are these days, I must be sure it is nothing more than something less...the love army marches on!

      Delete
  7. everybody needs a good heart doctor to cure what ails ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing more powerful than the Love Army!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got in from shoveling show. It wasn't that much but it was heavy and I have a feeling that later tonight or tomorrow I will pay for it big time! I understand waking up with weirdness and wondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advil is a good friend! Take it easy, Jeanie, I insist.

      Delete
  10. Hard to comment on my phone—just quickly to say I am delirious with joy at Maple!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is deliriously joyful with you, and the calendar and the Christmas card...She is inspired! She send heart shapes with love.

      Delete