My Blog List

Sunday, February 28, 2021

fourteenth


 Best thing on Netflix at the moment- AMEND. A series so well done it will take your breath away. The fourteenth amendment , what is was for , how it has panned out, and all of the history around it. Slavery, civil rights, immigration, women's rights, Gay rights and marriage...all of it , the rogues and the champions.  It is an important series and one that all Americans should be well versed on. I watched the entire thing, which is quite lengthy, in two goes. Overwhelming, had to take a nap break.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this and probably won't ever see it. I just think it's a shame that your people have to fight, fight, fight still, for things that should have been sorted and accepted by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Further broken by the orange gas- democracy is a nice concept...

      Delete
  2. I'll look for it. Thank you. I wonder where River lives? Is there a place where these things have been sorted out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finland, New Zealand, Norway, Iceland seem to be way better at this "living together in democracy" than we ever have.Old insecure power, rich white men are most certainly the culprits through all of our struggle for equality.

      Delete
    2. Ms Moon; I am in Australia, which has its share of problems but not so bad as USA

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete