My Blog List

Monday, February 22, 2021

fecundity, it is the season



Here they come up the walkway hand in hand.  All three of them! If you can not see one very well it is because she is only fourteen weeks old tucked beneath Emilie's heart, sheltered in  rib cage, cradled by a gentle , strong  pelvis , in a womb of her own.

Em , our girl since she was the age of  just barely three, her family had difficulties , Em stayed with me, She and Erik are "sibs".  On and off Emily lived with us or at least stayed over night frequently -went on vacations with us, Our  forever girl.  

(more baby lemons- they may or may not make it)


We lunched, Helen Congee, ( thank you Steve, for the stage name)  corn  sesame biscuits with emmental and grapes, Oat  coconut chocolate chip  bars, green tea with ginger root-  nutrition for a fourteen week old in utero child, named Flora. Oh my heart- baby having baby, I get it now, The overwhelming -ness of it all.  Usually I am skeptical of more humans adding to the plight of  an overly  populated planet - the weight the earth must carry- but I get it...I do...It is the gramma thing and it overwhelms utterly in spite of the world going to shite...Of course we worry and fret - life  thumbs its nose and continues renewing itself! 

We looked at the baby tomatoes, doing well considering that they have never seen the  sun.




The newly flowering window plants. 

 

And the raccoon mother to be on the deck, eating as much as is possible in the light of day before scurrying back to the woods for a nap.  Round, fecund springtime! 



And then they were off, walking back to their house across from the woods in-between theirs and ours. Carrying a bag full of groceries, gluten free treats, Kettle chips,  emmental, and two organic Swedish toothbrushes.  I gave Emily  a new coat to wear until she can no longer - by then it will be warm enough to dress lightly. 

OMG y'all!!! I.Can't. EVEN!



 

17 comments:

  1. Flora is a wonderful name, and I'm glad Helen Congee did not disappoint! (At least I'm assuming she didn't.) Having a child is inherently an act of optimism, and I certainly see why people want to do it (even though I never wanted to personally). Love your blooming flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora is a gorgeous name- I keep waiting for a penis to be detected as i think that boy babies are so much easier.

      Delete
  2. Yes. I highly approve of the name Flora. And now we shall watch your heart bloom anew as this might-as-well-be-a-grandchild comes into your life. I could cry with the sweetness.
    We are getting rain and rain and rain and I know that underneath all of this gloom there is also life growing. Soon, the fecundity (one of my favorite words) will be overpowering.
    Congratulations, dear woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all of our hopes are banked in the account of Flora about now.

      Delete
  3. It takes great guts to bring a baby into this world and I so admire those who will make that commitment. What a joy for you to be together! And baby lemons adn sweet raccoons, too. What good things in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plants are happy pretty much, it has been a tough winter for everyone so, well done little house plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder... probably there will be some little baby bandits coming too! (Raccoons.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, This is the time for raccoons to become round, looking forward to tiny bandits if all goes well. The males are the jerks of the species, killing babies like eating popcorn. So, fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. Such a baby coming, and named Flora, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you, your concerns for Emily and the baby. But oh, the joys ahead for all of you. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're gonna be a grannie! life will, it doesn't care how many people are already here. and the urge to procreate is the strongest biological imperative. very hard to resist. and I'mm gonna be a great grannie! if the little tyke makes it past the first part in it's diabetic mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. red orchid that popped out as a surprise! I inherited the plant and just thought it was a challenged succulent of some sort.

      Delete
  9. I smile at the image of you with Flora in your arms. Boys? Girls? I think there is no "easier" any more. It's all challenging as we become more aware of the effects of every word, every source of en-culturation. Just love and love and concern and fret and love and joy. You will be the best ever Grandmama!

    ReplyDelete