My Blog List

Thursday, February 18, 2021

American Gothic in doll world

Marden, Nat and Maple , today in their studio.  Maple thought it a good idea to practice her painting skills, in case she wants to be famous one day. Marden and Nat, practiced their modeling skills, because they are accomplished at standing very still. Nat ,looking quite confident handling a rather  dangerous object, may like to try muck raking when she gets her pony. (not going to happen)

Marden made her dress and tied it together with raffia.  

Maple giving instruction to her pet bird in the cage about how to make paint look expensive.. 

The bird said "CHEEP, cheep"



Maple, tired of painting after a little, long time . claimed that her painting was as finished as it would ever be , claiming  also that it looks like a real artist did it because artists rarely finish  what they begin. 


Nat suggested that Maple  have a one woman show - that Nat would help set up the gallery because she is  strong and smarter than just about everyone. She did help , and Maple did have a one woman one painting show in an  art book, reception to follow...

Marden noticed that the lily bud burst - out popped little  velvet covered  torpedos that jiggle madly when the flower is shook. She tried to fold it back up because some one was complaining that the fragrance was overwhelming. It would not fold back up- So she suggested that the complainer go check his blood sugar again, to give him something else to think about. It worked for a little long time... All are happy.




I have been listening to Radio Garden all day, except for when we watched Perseverance land on Mars. They can not get a train to go from here to any where but by god they can friggin land on MARS!  Priorities...
So the radio garden is wonderful- there are four stations in all of Wyoming! They all suck - Portland is good- South American music is fun, danceable! 
Then off to Russia where, I kid you not, they were playing Pink Floyd! 
I found this  photo of me recovering from Gall bladder surgery a few years ago, and stuck it in the logo. Rock on, my people! rock on! I have yet to hear the Stones playing anywhere, but it is the whole wide world with a zillion stations, everywhere BUT Wyoming. It will be a lucky day when the Stones show up.  ( Mary Moon, that is our mission)



 

13 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how much I love your artist and her subjects and their subject. Brilliant! I adore the way your mind works. You have worlds and universes right there in your brain, in your home. And what? No Stones yet? Well, you will find them. They are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My childhood was spent alone in my room for a good deal of time- never grew up . There was not much to do in the naked plains of Wyoming - imagination is all we had. Now off to search for Stones..

      Delete
  2. "Artists never finish what they start" after a little, long time---lol. (Guilty.)

    LOVE this installment of Life with the Girlettes!!!

    Maple is terrific---as good as Grant Wood any day. And Marden's fashion design is incomparable. :)

    YOU are terrific! Thanks for brightening the day.

    (Oh, those lilies smell too strong! Someone brought me a bouquet when I was in the hospital for gallbladder surgery (me too!) and I had to get up in the middle of the night and wheel my IV pole across the room to move the bouquet into the bathroom and shut the door on them.
    Their sweet scent was giving me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Your surgery sounds more serious- Mine was out patient, a quick few stabs and out came the offensive little organ full of waxy peas.... The calendar still inspires, always, It is a new world , you and the Girlettes! You are genius.

      Delete
  3. Pink Floyd in Russia! That's awesome. The dolls look much more cheerful than the actual American Gothic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Radio Garden, the best thing going these days! Time is just time, never wasted really. What does "non productive " even mean. I have been accused.

      Delete
  4. Maple is on to something with the attitude about being an artist and finishing work--I'm right there with you, Maple, I say as I add paint to a piece I had declared finished a couple of months ago. That bird, though, everyone's a critic. Maple does know how to dress for the studio and for her artist reception. I'm fairly certain that Hans Hofman is honored to have his work hanging next to Maple's in the book gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read that the gothic farmer man was the local dentist...make of that what you will.
      I think we do keep birds for their astute observations, though...Good to hear from you , miss you!

      Delete
    2. You are right about the birds, of course. Particularly, those who gather in a murder.... Aha re the gothic farmer/dentist. I am happy that I caught myself up with your writing and your art. I had buried myself in a February hole and couldn't see my way out. But I've risen. I do miss you. Maybe the art studio will be a part of my travels in March?

      Delete
  5. I noticed some time ago, I have nothing but time. And I use it so slowly; I not much of a mover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you- I am slower than you are! Pretty sure! You do so much more than so many of us, I can not keep up!

      Delete
  6. I love this whole post so very much :)
    I also have trouble with the scent of lilies, especially the Oriental lilies. One sniff of that scent and I'll have a migraine several hours later. I always check the supermarket entrance where the flower stall is and if I see lilies I'll hold my breath until I'm well past them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dolls doing their art are great. I think the portrait turned out very well. I sympathise with Dennis about the lily scent. I used to like it but now it give me a headache. Same with hyacinths. We listed to radio garden the other night too after seeing it on Steve's blog. It is great! We went all around the world, spending most time in various parts of Africa.

    ReplyDelete