My Blog List

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

land on this, rest.


 I have this hand blown glass bowl, the clarity of the glass is surreal. 

From LIT HUB this morning in my email I received this article, https://www.guernicamag.com/in-the-land-of-fiction-and-fake-news/which is an important read  on all levels, a lengthy read, I suppose by today's standards of "tweets" and "Posts" and "yeah, buts". Our attention spans have a shocked butterfly quality about them it seems.  Having had four years of inability to land on any one thing has changed our flight patterns- fluttering continually.

 Thoughts- mass produced, obfuscated, ripped out from under us as soon as we land on any thing of substance.  So, it is refreshing to light on something solid - as clear as  water suspended in pure air, the same nature, as this bowl. 

We are tired.  Four years is a long time to  be in constant flight.  Land safely on a solid article for a bit.  And this interview with Ben Okri.  I agree, both , by today's "tweet" standards, are lengthy and may challenge   attention spans, I speak for myself. So  tired , but am no longer fluttering from this to that all over the place in a fog of Orange gas. Indulge a moment of optimism, here. And if you do not have the time for these two things, I will just "reader's digest" it all - "There  still is  such a thing as hope, clarity, purpose,  light and honesty".  The bowl  so clear it is invisible, actually  holds things, substantiality of clarity. 

7 comments:

  1. "Clarity." One of the two or three things I asked of 2021 as I stood on the sand at Birch Bay on 12/31/2020 and planted my lit flare. I will read what you have linked here, Linda Sue. In the meantime, I am struck by what you have written and the feelings I have today as we are very nearly at the end of the most abusive relationship we in this country have ever been in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lit flare must have flared some magic! Torched the abuser right outta here! Thank you. I love you, Karen Frances.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a bit much to ask readers to read even more or to listen to a video that personally impresses, Glad I could share them with you, Joanne.

      Delete
  3. Let us Hope more Americans receive their share of Clarity, some are still in such a Fog of Confusion and Low Information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt I could breathe today for the first time. I know the ugly isn't over but oh, the sanity is here.

    ReplyDelete