My Blog List

Monday, January 25, 2021

fashion , home safety

 Could it have been more dramatic?  ***

You-tube spring collection ^^^. lady Gaga's dress was quite  conservative in comparison. Ella Schiapelli has inspired generations of designers to morph into surrealism.  She died in the seventies and a young American, Daniel Roseberry, took the reins, resulting in a step further into imaginative , uncomfortable fashion.



Job well done, I say!


This morning the grow  light  on the little urban kitchen garden came on as I was kibbling the raccoons in the dark.  The shadow was kind of gorgeous!


hairy babies being born.




Several lemon blossoms trying to live. "It is still winter," I tell them," your mother will abort you, but thanks for showing up so optimistically and smelling like wondrous springtime!"



As the sun came up, the sky , decisively blue, stuck around for a while.



Front door, where you will see and hear our burglar alarm, worn alpine bells. That is our level of paranoia and high tech crime prevention. The trees and blue sky are what greet you above the neighbor's house tops.



And this is the garage growing into the hallway, dear lord. House care has wained during this year long stay at home covid lockdown. The flow  has stopped . Damn, dam back up , but I will say it adds to our burglar prevention, if they get beyond the alpine bells they are sure to trip and stumble over the challenging hallway of obstacle. 




Good morning to you all, I hope that you enjoy another  day of staying alive,  and the video of questionable fashion/art. The raccoons send their love in little purr sounds and "rrrrehk" sounds. Stay well stay safe. It is getting as hairy out there as a baby tomato. Take a nap, by all means, covid exhaustion is a thing.


This is the good morning bearer of generous splats on the deck, behind her are the new shoots from Mrs. Plum.



14 comments:

  1. I thought Lady Gaga's dress wonderful, but dangerous to other people in the row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dangerous also for hugs so good thing , covid!

      Delete
  2. "imaginative , uncomfortable fashion"
    LOL!
    Yes, I'm grateful to other people for wearing such things for our amusement--
    I stick with jeans and turtlenecks myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they don[t actually WEAR them, they are just manikins that move like zombies, hauling creativity around on their frames. Moving art.

      Delete
  3. As art- oh yes. As clothing? Eh. Where would one wear it? HOW would one wear it? And I see that the move towards models of a more normal female size has taken a swift one-eighty. Where do those women hide their internal organs?
    But yes, I did love GaGa's dress. Right before she came on, I said, "I hope she doesn't wear the meat dress." She didn't. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the meat dress, i think has been rotting for a while Probably, Yes glad she was conservative in her costume. Though the fullness of the billowing red could have smothered some old guy on a fold out chair. Fashion is installation art, I reckon.

      Delete
  4. Crazy, beautiful dress. It was such a rush to see all that red fabric being carried down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that video -- very fun. I love that people are out there thinking up those dresses, even though very few people (if any) will ever wear them. I got such a kick out of the "eyeglasses" at 2:23 on the video, but I really liked the sparkly dress at 2:41.

    Your plants look like they're doing well -- I guess that grow light really does some good! Some of our tropical plants definitely struggle with low light levels at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grow light is most helpful, The front window does well but as you are aware, it is very dark here. So , YAY, for the flamingo party grow light, it has been cheery! The lemon loves it.
      Fashion as an art installation, i reckon. Unwearable but I love the creativity and versatility of the fabric, the workmanship, the tedious sewing of each bead! Brilliant humans!

      Delete
  6. I'm with Ms Moon...as art, okaaaay. the only place those things will ever be worn is on the runway. I have a temple bell that I can't figure out where to put.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang your temple bell on the door of your temple, just stating the obvious. If your body is your temple, well then, fashion statement!! There you go!

      Delete
  7. I love your burglar alarm so much! Reminds me of up at the lake where sometimes we forget to close the door at night! I love a safe 'hood! I love your back up alarm with the boxes. It's very familiar to me these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, the boxes! The stuff! I was getting a pretty good handle on it but
      then ... Our neighborhood is totally safe. sometimes a teen will rifle through the glove compartment but that is not big deal. nothing to find.

      Delete