My Blog List

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Yule log, burn the house down with your telly


 One more time 2020, for those of you who go to bed at 9:00 pm- A Late Show.

Butter dish, I got up this morning to get usual crumpet, coffee and BUTTER! The lid of butter dish stuck tightly to the massive mountain of butter that Mr. Butter ball replenished last night. I bought Amish roll of butter for baking, it is unsalted and very creamy. It does not come in  orderly cubes- as you can see .





This is as Christmassy as it gets  this year, How many candles can I cram on a tiny table top? How many shiny balls can I squeeze into a vase?

How many lights can the schefflera hold without falling over?
 

same for the ficus and the lily- They will be glad when this is over.



Once again, for the lazy decorator,  the magic of Television offers two choices- this rather safe "modern" hearth, stockings hung with care, tidy and modest- sensible and clean.


Or this Raging yule fire that is likely to burn the house down . Blurry shot because HOT! I prefer this one of course,  it crackles and spits! YES! Praise Odin!Norse god of everything ,Viking  flaming YULE.



And so this is Christmas. haphazard, slapped together for no good reason at all.
Not feelin' it as  sometimes in some years  I have felt.


I did manage to get a partial gift off to Erik so that he would have something to open on 
Christmas morning, sad as it all is. I ordered too late so half is still in transit. Also too late to send to UK. Next year will be joyous, for sure, Everyone vaccinated, Biden calming the seas , Harris representing all that is good  Black, Indian, Women, law, intellect and wisdom. Yes, next year! Right around the corner, Stay well, do not do Christmas with anyone other than the one you're with.  People were really irresponsible during Thanksgiving- see what happens, dumb asses!

One last trumpian story, promise- We have a site "neighbors" where people post stray dogs or lost keys , that sort of neighborhood stuff. Our trumpian neighbors have been given the boot many times for posting trumpshit. So , now they are posting code. A bunch of letters- I googled them and it is a code for q-anon right wing extremism. I posted the copied definition under her post- she got the boot again. Then , in my email, the most right wing off the rails , extreme articles showed up, sometimes three at a time from different publications, Coincidence?  Well, that is cute and seventh grade but it backfired because I am highly entertained by them, bat shit crazy conspiracies and neener neener-ness , Also doesn't take much to unsubscribe. It is somewhat disconcerting to read how fired up the trumpians are to civil war their way back into the white house and beyond. Their lack of intellect will likely be their undoing, fingers crossed.



17 comments:

  1. I love your decorations!! They're so cheerful and fun!

    Your neighbors, though, are nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake from the sound of it. Just....wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbors are indeed nuttier than fruitcakes! Pretty lax in the decoration department this year. Zero enthusiasm.

      Delete
  2. My only hope is that most of these crazies are all talk and no action. But who knows? Using code to pass on Q-anon info? What dolts.
    You're far more decorated than we are for Christmas. I hope you are able to get some pleasure out of it all. I do realize that just because I hate Christmas doesn't mean that everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. any excuse to fill the house with lights is good. Not buying the whole Christmas thing however, just lights! Our solar panels are making it possible! In another 40 years we will have them paid for them...

      Delete
  3. Politics are not allowed on out neighbor site, they will get cancelled every time, but CODE?Really? Die hards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Christmas decorations! Your TV fireplace and TV raging fire are really neat. We have a real fireplace but haven't lit a fire in many years. Maybe a virtual fire would be good.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we also have a real fireplace, but the real fire was switched out and a gas one put in, I don't like it at all ,telly fire is much better.Your blog is YUMMY!

      Delete
  5. I love when other people decorate. I don't. I have my colored changing colors star lights up all year. that will have to do.

    we buy Irish butter...kerry gold. so smooth, creamy, tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dennis usually gets Kerry Gold from Cost co but forgot last time so we are using this glob butter, no complaints though. It is fine.

      Delete
  6. I have no decorations left to decoration with. Maybe I'll put in my feather earrings. And, thanks for yours. That's a grand blaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to when all of my decorations have gone away. A simple fir bough is enough.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed the progression of your Christmas decorations pics. Me: oh my... Oh My... Oh MY... OH MY!

    I've heard of q-anon people/cultists and most of their beliefs, but have not - that I know of - had any interactions. Posting code on your neighborhood site?! Yeah, they're out there. My new favorite word of the day = trumpshit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas decorations took all of twenty minutes, lights make it all happen! yes the neighbors are out there! They are the ones who have invested quite a bit of cash in Trump swag, they are the ones who have Christmas lights surrounding their trump sign on the side of their house. Mental!

      Delete
  8. Rick's brothers repeatedly pick fights with each other -- Rick and Randy on the Biden-anti-Covid said, Tim and Dan on the Trump-hoax side. It's wearing.

    I love your lights on everything! It's the light we need this year and it is so festive and pretty! Yes, next year will be different. This year we will hunker down, love the ones we're with and be around to stay for awhile. Have a wonderful week and thanks for your visits1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that Rick's brother's are insane. That is difficult! You have as wonderful a week as possible too, Jeanie. You little Christmas elf!!

      Delete
  9. I spy ... a little plastic deer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first tree ornament from when i was a wee barn

      Delete