Went to the post office in the pouring rain, spent so much time in the queue that by the time I left it had turned to snow. Chubby snow, fat fluffy flakes, it will likely be gone tomorrow.
Driving home, point and shoot through the windshield.
The birds are not slowed in the least, and the neighborhood dogs are out rolling and biting the flakes, dogs get frisky in the snow. Their carnival.
Fresca and
Sarah have made the most wonderful minimalist nativity scenes. Truly
minimal & Brilliant. Mine is not adequately minimal -just what was handy in the thing drawer, except for the star which I keep in a cut glass bowl because it is beautiful. Sarah made it from Thames finds and her mudlarking skills. I think that the large wrought metal spikes are great for the birth story, a sort of foretelling and baby Jesus, the screw, an appropriate symbol - did not dawn on me until just now actually. I will make another one tomorrow that will be SO minimal it will be conceptual-it will be in your mind...
By the way-
That rum cake- is rummy! More like a bottle of rum with some crumbs in it! Whoa, not for the children!
That looks minimalist to me!
ReplyDeleteI'd been thinking mine was not minimalist enough either, because I used a representational image--Sputnik postage stamp--for the star.
But Sarah used an image too, and she stared it,
so I think we're all good!
The nails are perfectly ominous.
The flower frog manger made me laugh,
and most especially I love the hardware ring for the baby's halo!
Sarah's star shines.
It's all good, and clever and fun! Yours made me laugh so much , I was glad to be sitting down- Hilarious. Sarah's balls! hahahaha. Great!
Deleteit works I guess if you must have a nativity. and snow. so it must be christmas, right? feeling a little bah humbug today.
ReplyDeletemake a bah humbug nativity, It would be fun!
DeleteI love the snow pictures. Wouldn't want to be IN the snow but I do like seeing pictures. Not sure what I think of the minimalist nativities but hasten to add that this year, mine like yours tomorrow is minimalist to the point of absence.
ReplyDeleteYeah! We be minimal , girl! "See this nothing?- I created it!" A Yoko thing.
DeleteHmmmm. I just wrote a comment and it vanished. Testing? Testing?
ReplyDeleteOK, well, that worked. Anyway, I just said I was amused that people are making these minimalist nativity scenes, and yours is quite impressive! Mine, like Ms. Moon's, is also conceptual and invisible.
Deletetaking it as far as it could possibly go, my kind of art! You and Dave and baby Olga Jesus would make a fine partial nativity!
DeleteI'm enjoying the nativities. And your snow.
ReplyDelete