My Blog List

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

It could be twenty below, we could be homeless

Today is another one of those days , when the weight of covid winter . the darkness and the freezing rain just mows one down.  ( grumble grumble) I went to the post office on the outskirts of town first thing in the morning, 8:30 am,  to avoid the crowd- the queue of automobiles went all the way to the freeway-   so I went to the downtown PO, waited in the well spaced masked queue  to be told that yesterday was the cut off date for things to arrive by Christmas. 

Driving through down town, the streets are lined with homeless, the Library and courthouse lawn jammed packed with tents, I went down some side streets to avoid them but could barely inch down the street for the trucks and vans parked along the curbs, Homeless, And I am complaining about the rain ??? What a  cry baby!


So damned lucky - not homeless- AND  do not have to live through another Wyoming  sub zero winter if I choose not to. Above  photo is a day in the life when my pals and I went cross country using Cindy's pick up , a toboggan pulled behind, on which we rode. I can't remember who was driving the pick up. Euleta , in her father's military parka, had the best coat so she rode in front catching the  10' snow drifts with  her face. Wyoming probably does not have any homeless on the streets- They would die right quick. Any celebrity  who buys land and ranches there to  "get away from it all " or to exploit the land , as Rue Paul has done, needs to live there all year round- and quit fucking fracking the land. My Queen crush on Rue Paul has diminished to a dim glimmer-  Rue has disappointed . Greedy Queen.Bad Queen. Assholy Queen.



 This is for you Rue! Git outa town- and take that fabulous wig, make up and  wardrobe with you. Sashay away!

18 comments:

  1. You just shattered my Rue Paul bubble. He's on the cover of the January 2020 Vanity Fair, which I've never opened and probably now never will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to really like him/her, used to...shiny bubble popped!

      Delete
  2. This is disappointing, to say the least. I thought better of Rue until now.
    Do you know why so many homeless people have migrated to Bellingham? Are they there year round? It doesn't seem like a good place to winter outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a documentary about the maharishi and his commune in Antelope "Wild country" , they are responsible for bringing homeless to Oregon , then they kicked them out and they were sent to Seattle, then to Bellingham. End of the road north.

      Delete
  3. I think your packages will still arrive by Christmas. I mailed some on the Wednesday, Dec 9th from Florida and they arrived in Indiana by the 14th. If you mailed yours on the 15th, I bet you're still safe. As if we need more anxiety at this time of the year, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right, I sent everything anyway but the clerk was fairly certain. Anyway, it will arrive or it won't, not the worst thing to have happened ,that is for sure!

      Delete
  4. I really did not want to hear that about Rue Paul. I will say that he has done a great deal for the acceptance of LGBTQ culture in our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has done good things, and this one thing is a really bad thing- environmentally as well as exploitation of a fragile ecosystem.Fracking is asking for environmental disaster for another million dollars to buy a diamond frock- just NO .

      Delete
  5. We are not homeless. We are in a gentle quarantine, no matter how we may be climbing the walls. Thank you for this reminder that we must remember our blessings, and try to bless others as we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sheltered, fed, warm, loved, there is no excuse to moan about the rain or staying in since February with one other human. So fortunate! I would like to bless everyone with the same safety and comfort that I have.

      Delete
  6. yeah, not homeless, not hungry, not living where it snows and gets below zero and stays there. and today is sunny. I'll be saying my gratitudes after yoga class tonight while Abby ends it in a Jesus prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could do without th prayer but some folks are like that, good intentioned and all.

      Delete
  7. Whaaaaat?! RuPaul is a FRACKER?! I hadn't heard that story -- although when I read the linked piece I was concerned by the correction at the bottom, which seems to suggest that maybe the information used to indict RuPaul in that article is a little too old. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greedy man as well as his husband, I really hate that they are in Wyoming, close to Douglas one of my most favorite spots.

      Delete
  8. I'm no big winter fan. At least here we tend not to have terrible extremes. A hard winter, maybe -- but it doesn't last forever. Oh, to be homeless during this. I cannot begin to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nor would we want to imagine, just too grim. The town is generous with blankets and essentials but no roofs over their heads, no safety, or shower, no place to wash clothes. Sorry situation.

      Delete