My Blog List

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas birthdays usually suck


Woke up to a frosty morning, clear and beautiful, The raccoons had breakfast, one lingered behind for a while to just hang out and watch the world go by, or something, who knows what raccoons are doing when they sort of half nap like this. Little cutie.  



Beginning to thaw, larger raccoon left some feet for me. It is my birthday , a gift.  The raccoons knew it was my birthday, Dennis did not.  The neighbor brought over a gift- That is when 
Dennis realized .  "Oh, is it your birthday? Time sure is getting away..." So that is it from Mr. Man- don't make a fuss sort of guy. 



But then! LO and Behold! A Christmas miracle occurred. My friend and other daughter said that she was having a Christmas toast on ZOOM at noon and would i care to join, I did, but it was not a 
Christmas toast -it was a birthday party for ME!! Just a handful of special folks whom I long to see in person but this is pretty damned special way to celebrate. So Sarah and Andy chimed in from my favorite house in  Greenwich, Lizzie from Norway, Virginia from New York City, Sharna from Kent, Julian from Southhampton, and the rest from US. Crazy way to have a partyAnd it sort of worked , caught up with folks- so good! 




That was my day- and it was good.

 Happy Birthday everyone!

16 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your birthday. The Zoom surprise seemed lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good surprises are GOOD! It was great to see everyone and I really hated to click off.

      Delete
  2. Big Happy Birthday greetings from Michigan! The surprise Zoom party sounds like fun and even more so because it was a surprise! And thank you, raccoons for your gift! Happiest to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Jeanie- From Michigan! It was a good day and i did have Christmas cookies with Irish coffee.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Linda Sue! A surprise Zoom party- I never would have thought of that. But it's a great idea. I wish you all of the happiest and sweetness and light and more of that to come. And generations of raccoon babies who call you Auntie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of your family having a ZOOM Christmas- it would be raucous fun! Thank you for the wish= and thank you for not scolding me about feeding the wildlife, I know that it is a No-NO. Fug it- arrest me- I love these little balls of fur that have made days on end of covid stay at home bearable. , They only live for three years in the wild, maybe these babies will have a longer life.

      Delete
  4. We loved your birthday zoom party! Hope to meet all the visitors in person one day-or in person again if I already have! Happy birthday again. Love the raccoons and their feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for showing up! So good to see you and
      Andy! It was a surprise! I am not sure if zoom parties really work very well but that was an experience not soon forgotten, good to see everyone.

      Delete
  5. How great that you got a party! What a perfect unexpected surprise in such a crazy year. Happy birthday! And I love those raccoon feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoom would have been the thing to invest it this past year, we would all be rich! Hoping 2021 will be a better year for us all. Thank you for the birthday wish and for liking the raccoon feet, They are so talented!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! Also, Merry Christmas! Your surprise party sounds very nice. How thoughtful of everyone!

    The raccoon feet are awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Christmas Birthdays are overshadowed by quite a bit, mine is rarely(never) celebrated, just another day, you know, so this Zoom party was the BEST! Wish you could have been there- Merry Christmas to you and a better happier new year!

      Delete
  7. happy happy. your birthday two days before, Marc's birthday 2 days after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday. I have a grandson whose birthday is today, 12-24. He thanked me for wishing him happy birthday. Well, he acknowledged my birthday text. I suppose his real happy birthday card is still in the mail.

    ReplyDelete