My Blog List

Friday, May 25, 2018

making stars, the rose forest neck wreck



Unable to do much in the art department, (felting off limits) I am able to cut out card stars from old  board games, use old German angels and a doll face, loads of tinsel I bought in London ,  jewels and  a good glue that Sarah gave to me.



see how optimistic I am? Reckoning that Christmas will come again!




Out walking through the rose forest, capturing new growth in the sunshine!
My neck paid dearly for this outing, today I am back in the brace, behaving.



If I get all of my homemade Christmas out of the way now, I will feel so on top of it when the season rolls around! I will feel SO together for the first time ever. 
Generally I think about Christmas around the 24th of December, and then, as any one can figure out, it is too late. And so, this is what our table looks like until I run out of boxes to cut into stars, recycling at it's glittery-est. 



Does that not put you in the make -stuff -ahead -of- time  mood?? 
Thought so.


4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry but the sweet baby Jesus himself could not put me in that mood. However, you have done a very good job on these and they are quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my life has been altered I guess that is why I can make christmas stars in spring- that and the fact that I can not do much else- your plate is full of zen and baby chickens and baby humans and birthday children! You have got this life timing down quite well.

      Delete
  2. My mother used to assemble all her grandchildren and a few extra neighbor children around the table a few times a year to "craft". Do you remember when women's stockings were sold in eggs? Mom was in seventh heaven then, having the kids make "Faberge eggs".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a very good thing to do, craft days - mindless and satisfying. I remember L'EGGS!

      Delete