My Blog List

Thursday, May 24, 2018

improve each shining hour


We walked yesterday in glorious sunshine, covered a lot of territory, slowly. Walking through the wild rose forest which is in full bloom right now , the fragrance is unbelievably rosy.

 at the end of the rose forest there are Herons nesting in tall trees, Protected now by signage and fencing. as is the favorite dog swimming spot where the geese and natural plantings have been given priority.

  This delicate wild flower grows everywhere, Loads of it in our yard. Her name is Veronica.



New spring growth abundant and mighty! This blackberry with it's stalk of one inch long barbs looks like it could eat a small dog! They are huge and ferocious plants growing rapidly overtaking the path- great for the rabbits scurrying along and into, for cover. Rabbits let the stabby growth take care of them. 


New growth, Scotch Broom, wild rose bushes- tall grasses and everything that makes you sneeze, overtaking hillsides and houses.
A very nice walk in all, today I pay...
 with the energy of a stone.



10 comments:

  1. So lovely. So verdant and alive.
    The Veronica is stunning. I love the delicate small wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is gorgeous this time of the year, no mosquitos, no wasps, nothing that is going to cause problems.

      Delete
  2. You're allowed to spend the day with a book today. Lovely wild roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very lovely place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gentle walk, nothing to vigorous. Usually rewarding this time of year and the temperature is cool. So, yes, indeed , a lovely walk.

      Delete
  4. We have that "Veronica" too -- here it's called Herb Robert and it's a type of Cranesbill. I like it but it can get a bit invasive in the garden. Dave always pulls it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is terribly invasive but not as bad as Japanese clover, which I do not hesitate to pull up. Veronica is just too pretty.

      Delete
  5. pretty pretty. our spring is gone by so I must enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This spring here has been perfect, some things are on time and some are very slow. By August everything will be crispy so I am getting out as often as my poor old body will allow.

      Delete