Mr. Man finally had his retirement party down at the harbour in the boat house. 800 invitations sent out! He had it catered by a Mexican restaurant on Cinco De Mayo Saturday So many people showed up, some nearly in tears, the reception line curled around itself and lasted for a steady four hours Mr. Man has been the rock star of reconstructive dentistry for fifty years! Four , sometimes five generations of families have gone to him. He is a dying breed...dentistry , now owned by insurance and profit, slap -dash cheap fixes, has become corporate, greedy, expensive and poorly executed.
Mr. Man has been an artist!
One of three beautiful, flawless days- good thing because all of those well wishers would not have fit in the boathouse.
Stella taxied me, in her good nature and left with me when I ran out of energy.
Stella=GOOD!
The lad is back in town for the party and for a few days of cavorting and relaxing and looking like a MAN!! How does that happen?
So, two chapters fully read and closed -on to the next. can only be more adventure in store.
No pets to care for, no children anywhere near - Since I can not travel for about a year- I will be looking for workshops to attend and classes to take, soon I will feel like doing everything I am sure, with enthusiasm.
OBAMA car parked across the street, some things are so difficult to let go...my boy/man, fifty years of dentistry, my perfect health, and a life of reasonable reliability under Obama.
Ch-ch-ch-changes- we will adapt, as we do.
Trying to not numb out with the ridiculous and frightening Orange shenanigans that pile up on the pile o' shite that is our reality these days. Tempting to turn it off, take a pain pill and watch the grass grow. Comfortably numb...
I love your enthusiasm. I really do.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so enthusiastically glad. Wish there were not so many miles in between my porch and yours- I would love to enthuse all over your babies and chickens!
DeleteI never remember my daughters' ages; I subtract their birth year. I needed to do that recently, and probably for the first time was stunned. How did they get so old. One will be 53; one 51. Who knew.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious- I can not remember ages either but am not clever enough to do the math.
DeleteFalling apart body really is the sh*ts. Just when all the hard work is done and time for fun. Nothing stays the same. Glad you have Stella to take care of you and that you have a great agenda lined up in spite of the cricked neck. Keep healing. Yeah.
ReplyDeleteThat boy is not a little kid any more!
What a trick, right? All ready to go but then someone scissors off our legs- dang!
DeleteI love the Obama car, though it makes me sad, too. I wish Mr. Man was here to work on my problem tooth! I'm glad you're looking into ways to spend time productively while you're unable to travel. Do you still have the studio, or did you give that up?
ReplyDeleteStill paying rent on studio. Not sure if I will be able to do wool felting again but I can use it for painting, if I learn how to paint! Studios are very difficult to find here so am hanging on as long as I can, Mr. Man would have fixed your tooth, painlessly , but he is retired so don't pack your bags and head over. Good luck with that, British dentists do not have a great rep.
DeleteI wish there had been a dentist like your man in my life, an artist, one who took the time. Bless him. And yes, your son is truly a man, and very handsome, too. I understand every word of this nostalgia for times past, both personal and political. I hope we all survive this orange nightmare. Congrats to your man on his retirement.
ReplyDeleteIt is rare to find a dentist who has hyper-focus and knows tricky fixes like gold foil, I will have to find one now..Glad to have him here though. A first in all the years we have been married! Thank you for your good wishes for him and for your understanding. Much love
Delete