Last week I answered the phone because on the ID was my health insurance company. Kaiser calling to make a wellness report , please make an appointment- how about Friday at 5:30 pm.
They phoned three more times to validate and to make sure that my phone was hooked up with microphone and picture . I asked why they were calling ME for health reasons. They ignore answering and just said it was policy to have a nurse at the appointment to find out how I am and if there is anything they could help with.
Friday rolled around. I talked with Dennis about insurance calling me for information. and how wrong that is- he agreed. He looked up all of the numbers that they phoned from- all. bogus but sophisticated in their method. Very "official". I called kaiser insurance to report them but let the scammer call go through with the "nurse". Her questions began with " we need to know who your primary care giver is"...
The conversation went no further. I told her that she was bogus and it was not nice of them to call old people - phishing, scamming whatever, and to get a real job.
So warning y'all, if your health insurance phones you wanting to make a date to gather info. Just say "Get a real job!" It worked , they have been reported but they do carry on with their highly sophisticated shenanigans. A more trusting person would buy it. This end of the phone trusts no one and nothing- we have learned !
Ring ring....Allo, my name is ( something I can not pronounce) I am your nurse calling to verify a few of your health concerns... Is this leena hufangle.
No, it is not- "what do you want , really?"
"we are your health insurance and we want answers to a few questions." Who is your primary health provider?'"no you're not", says I.
"you do not have to answer if you do not want to", said the name I can not pronounce.
Ok, says I, You are bogus and blah blah blah -and you need to rethink your choices and make better ones. Be a better person. -Bye. Then I went out to find origami paper for Euleta, my (sister) living in Loveland so that she can use it to make a self portrait in collage. Clever Girl, She has always been an amazing artist, since she was old enough to hold a crayon.I went to five shops including the Japanese shop- and came away with NOTHING . Wasn't it just two years ago that origami paper of all sorts was available everywhere? I went through my stash which isn't the best and then ordered some from Evil Bezos to see if it will do .
I even popped in to Goodwill to search , a place I rarely go because their stuff is broken and dirty. Found two fruit box labels for .99 cents and a bag full of wierdo stuff- glass bottle stoppers and little frames.
as well as a rooster pitcher, elephant bottle and something I- don't- know- what , in the lot. Grab bags can be fun- like a treasure hunt- most of it is trash- cheap thrills, you understand.
But no origami paper....
Today is Saturday and blogger is still being lazy- not updating posts, so you probably will not be seeing this one.









I see you! However, blogger is not updating the "blogs I follow" list - one of which is yours. I just have to periodically check to find out they're lying to me.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for not falling to the scammers! I typically ignore them. I had two similar texts from my dentist asking if I want to make an appointment - for fun, I guess?. What? Get a real job.
Scammers gathering information- I usually hang up or don]t answer at all but it was "Kaiser P" - I thought that they wanted to talk about a denial. They are very slick and had we not checked with "search for phone numbers" on google we may have talked to them. It turned out OK but I am sure that others would be bamboozeled because they are polite and trusting...I am not that sort of person. They called our land line!
DeleteI love today's doll set up, very clever and those miniature frames are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteIndia calling...Scam alert!
DeleteI use Feedly to keep track of blogs and their updates. Works for me.
ReplyDeleteGlad you did not fall for the scam. I wouldn't discuss my health situation on the phone with anyone, real or not. Whenever I've gotten calls like this I tell them that. I haven't gotten another one in a long time.
I love that pitcher. I think it might be a parrot though. Hard to say.
It is wierd that kaiser would phone to find out info that they aloready have. First call like that for me. You are seasoned ! I should have emailed you- will next time! The pitcher is prtty cute , they were sold at Macy's a few years ago so says google search, it is called a rooster pitcher but you are right looks more like a a parrot. I will check "Feedly" Blogger must be getting senile.
DeleteTelephone call scammers are the lowest of the low. You can bet some people are taken in by these calls. I am glad you saw this coming. Not everyone does.
ReplyDeleteMoney grab attempts seem common these days. For example, I was checking in with my ophthalmologist and the women ahead of me was told she had a co-pay of $300 and it was required now. The woman was surprised. She said, process the claim through my insurance first. The woman behind the desk did not argue and the patient saw the doc.
Some people would have paid, no questions asked. This is the world we live in. Buyer beware is more important than ever.
Susan
That is a hefty co-pay! I would have paid it probably , caught off guard and all. I am a dim bulb. I am suspicious every time I hear an East Indian accent on the line trying to do business. I tell them that Mrs. Hoofnagle died last week...
DeleteI figured it out, clicking on the blog title to get the new post. I have my phone set to silent for any number not in my contact list. It goes directly to voicemail. If it's important, I'll call back. I get lots of calls from the healthcare people. I'm glad they are concerned about me but no thanks, don't need a home visit. I'm also on the lookout for origami paper since I gave my packet away before I realized I still wanted it. That little micro mosaic frame is a real find. And what are those purple flowers!!
ReplyDeleteIt is a purple nemesia. It has been so beautiful all summer and keeps shooting out blossoms., native to South Africa so should do well where you live.
DeleteAmazon has options for origami paper, quite a variety. I ordered some for Euleta, but it is not like the good old stuff we used to see everywhere- From China rather than Japan. japan has the best paper!
It is a purple nemesia. It has been so beautiful all summer and keeps shooting out blossoms., native to South Africa so should do well where you live.
ReplyDeleteAmazon has options for origami paper, quite a variety. I ordered some for Euleta, but it is not like the good old stuff we used to see everywhere- From China rather than Japan. japan has the best paper!
The rooster pitcher is super, so cheery and must make you smile each time you look at it.
ReplyDeleteOnly you would have miniature telephones for the orphans! JanF
the pitcher whatever bird it is supposed to be is comical. made Dennis laugh so it is worth something! Miniature phones and a lap top! the orphans are set for their little plastic lives!
DeleteStill seeing you - but having to dig you out of my 'manage' reading list. Good on you for spotting the scam.
ReplyDeleteNo updates so I have to remember to check - Question everything is the motto these days. Curious what will nail us first- scams, trumpfoolishness climate change, lack of water, heat- both at the same time- pathogens, Endless list but really, just one of those things is enough- Oh ,and A I on the loose. Bloody hell.
DeleteThat rooster pitcher is GREAT! Very strange about the insurance scam call. I wouldn't have suspected that, I don't think, though I would have quizzed them about why they needed the information. (Which maybe would have exposed that it was a scam.)
ReplyDeleteScammy scam- Dennis gets them on his phone frequently. I only use my phone for google lens and texting. My computer does the heavy lifting. You are right- why do they need information? Stella got a call as well, she told them that it was none of their business and to not call back ever again- Stella is smart!
DeleteI have gotten to the point that I don't answer the phone unless I know who it is. If it's a valid call they'll leave a message & I can call them back.
ReplyDeleteI see you. Actually you're on my rota of people to check on, to see if there is something new. I love the girlettes on the telephone. Very 60's looking.
ReplyDeleteI know art supply stores often carry origami paper, if that helps. And I like that cute little rooster pitcher, very cheery. I'm home again from my travels and back to daily blogging!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I have any origami paper left over but I'll check the stuff that didn't sell in the yard sale and see if I do. If I have, it's yours. I have scams that focus on old people. Well, scams in general.
ReplyDelete