Sunday, September 27, 2026

Miracle Bandit, penises in the compost

 
 
As I was emailing Jan F, and reading her expressed "sorry about the little raccoon" . After more that two weeks, and suspicious coyote poo in the yard, pretty sure that Lil Stumpy was a goner, convinced  that the coyote had a Lil Stumpy  snack.  And just like that- Lil Stumpy showed up with the whole family, using his stump very well, eating kibbles as though nothing had ever happened.  Back to his old self , causing a ruckus, tipping over the bucket of water , rolling it around the deck, wrestling with his siblings.  
 
Good things always happen with Jan F. nearby. Her emails brighten the day every time- I reckon it was her sparkling energy that brought my baby racoon back to the land of the living. She's got the magic and brilliant timing.  
 

 I tried to take a photo through the window  of the  begonia - my camera can not quite "get". The color is the best pink I have ever seen but camera sees Pepto Bismol . 


The last of the boy blossoms for making Zucchini - Dennis kept them  in the fridge, just in case a girl happened to open her willing petals. Chances are no longer feasible as the temperature has dropped , the sun is lower in the sky, the girls have abandoned the deck altogether.  Perky little penises were composted.
Keeka sent a photo of Kuala Lumpur  that is quite lovely. She spent a month in Japan, the photos are A- Mazing! She stayed part time with a Japanese family there whom she had met on her travels. Kindness all around. 

She is of the generation given an iffy future. Some curl up and grumble and some are making the most of this beautiful life - getting out there spreading joy and dollars. Away from monkey business, corruption and utter insanity- smart child is our Keeka. She is a great little ambassador. 

 

As the sun was going down, a timid knock on the door- Too timid for the knocker I must say.  My first thought was "the God squad" and I didn't answer. Dennis did and there stood Luke's dad!

The little neighbor girl, showing us who she is going to be  for Halloween .  As serendipity  goes- I had a music box by the door to go to Habitat or V V that played the theme from Star Wars. She has it now . Perfect! One time she showed up as Santa and another as a teen age mutant  ninja turtle. She was keen on Spider Man for a brief period, glad that one did not last.

Leaving you with two photos-  one, of the best inventions ever invented by a man- an artist , of course, fully understanding the dilemma- a woman's urinal.  YES, must have, please, on every corner!

 

 by Alex Schweder.

And two- My collapsible wire basket - it fits against the wall , flat and out of the way until some one wants to use it for onions and  pine cones?


 

 

 

 

 

21 comments:

  1. I love that the little neighbour girl is going to be Darth Vader for Halloween, LOL! And that you gave her the "Star Wars theme" music box! Fab photo of Keeka in front of the temple too. And I'm sure every male reader of this post involuntarily crossed their legs after reading "Perky little penises were composted."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Composting penises might make some uncomfortable. It doesn't bother me at all...

      Delete
  2. See? I knew that raccoon hadn't been taken by a coyote. Coyotes are wily (of course!) but that young'un is a survivor. He'll probably outlive all the rest of his siblings. He'll be a grizzled old grandpa coon, telling the young kits wild stories about how he lost his hand in the war. The babies will look at him with awe and wonder. He will become a legend when he has finally succumbed to old, old, OLD age.
    Keeka is the WOMAN! Talk about having stories to tell...
    She is one of those people who say YES to life. And good for her. Her world will be vast.
    We shouldn't judge- those perky penises may be on the super large size for zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is here again this morning, so glad! I guess the family just had to gather around him to make sure his confidence stabilized. A survivor yes , with the best Mom in the forest! Keeka is wonder woman indeed she is! A star!

      Delete
  3. Such a great blog title! Of course I would never use that urinal! Yikes. Only a woman in a skirt could straddle it, what about pants? Down by my ankles no thanks! Or may one wearing a sarong, like Keeka! I wonder if a lot of people there wear them still. I remember doindgso when at home a few years back. So glad for the little coon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long skirt , no panties, that is my Go-To. Pretty sure these devices would be welcomed in the city where a bush at the side of the road will just not do.
      Happy about Lil Stumpy!

      Delete
  4. Coyotes are a threat but Stumpy is a wise and cleaver survivor. He's back visiting your deck, and all is well. Also, as we thought, the new fence makes no difference.
    Your neighbor in her Darth Vader costume looks great. Gifting her a music box must have made her day.
    Keeka is a woman adventurer, and she will be all the better for it. There is nothing better than visiting other countries and experiencing the culture and history firsthand. She is one lucky girl.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeka has always been one to step out of the box and acheive amazing things- when she was little she was a "ballerina puppy, " apart from the human world. she trained her own voice to sing beautifully, operatically, out of the box. Exceptional , sweet and humble. A perfect person. Her cultural funding is brimming.

      Delete
  5. Oh, yay for Stumpy! Poor little zucchini penises, no ladies to please. Love the wire basket and please explain how the female urinal works. Do we face it, back up to it, slip that long nose between our legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon - face it in between legs, it looks narrow , brilliant.

      Delete
    2. the best thing about the folding basket is that what ever is carried is not squished can lay down flatter, great for long stems and romaine lettuce.

      Delete
  6. Yay Stumpy! I was hoping there would be another little miracle. Your little neighbor is adorable.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So ggod when things turn out !! And yes, you are correct, neighbor girl is adorable. Both girls are such delightful children. I blame good parenting!

      Delete
  7. I like your wire basket and remember seeing them in grocery stores decades back when I was just a little thing. Hooray for Stump showing up again 😀My great grandson loves Spiderman right now, he is three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the appeal of spiderman is that he defies gravity and tosses webs. He was never my personal fave- especially after London!

      Delete
  8. I've been wondering how long it would take the raccoons to circumvent that fence. Stumpy lives! Talk about a survivor. Perfect gift for the young lady going as Darth Vader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raccoons are smarter than humans it turns out and able to fix amputations with out going to hospital. No drugs, just good moms.

      Delete
  9. Go, Stumpy! So much for that raccoon fence, eh?
    I have an old black and white photo of my mom from 80 years ago or so reminiscent of Keeka's. Cool ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a treasure to have. You, the artist, could copy it and paint it brightly- back to life! Keeka loves that area of the world best. the people are so nice, she exclaims. and the food so delish!

      Delete
  10. Loved every photo, every word. And especially your collapsible basket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the racoon - perhaps it travels about. Kuala Lumpur looks exotic - I guess it is exotic if one is from a European origin culture. I just gave away my wire baskets. Had them 35-40 years and its time they went.

    ReplyDelete