Sunday, September 6, 2026

Beautiful day, the lake and ruining a sweater even more

On the dock testing the water's temperature, shall we go in? 
Decided that is wasn't too freezing after getting used to it , Maddy took the snorkel  , waded in and dove down to get a crayfish, because they are cute.  
Very Cute!

 Friendly enough until he realized that he had been interrupted going about his little cray  life and brought ashore. That realization made him a little bit cranky so back he went to the very spot where Maddy found him. 

My arms are full of holes from the wellness visit to the doctor. She burned off five nubs and gave me a flu jab. Grateful for that and pleased to get a Tweety bandaid so that blood did not drip all over .


My arms look diseased as a result of the freezer zapper. They heal quickly  but in the meantime I look poxed , infected, contagious.  My skin is a mess- it looks like old battered luggage.
Beautiful day today, one cloud in the sky the rest is blue as blue can be. I am trying to mend the cashmere  sweater,found in a bin,  using a jagged rock as a base, I bought two dollar wool yarn that is not remotely weave-able.  If I tug on it gently it comes apart. Get what you pay for, they say. 
But the colors are good aren't they?


 

17 comments:

  1. The lake and sky photos are beautiful. Ouch on the jabs and nub removals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freeze /burn zapper gun is not very much fun and the results are not either, until they heal. Next week I go in to zapper doctor for more! Skin is angry!

      Delete
  2. The lake looks fabulous. A swim must have been invigorating and fun. Especially with Maddy.
    Crayfish look like baby lobsters to me. Catch and release is good.
    Your yarn colors are beautiful. Hopefully the hole repair goes well.
    A nice, light weight, colorful soft cotton shirt will get you through the nub removal healing. Good to get rid of any vile bumps!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake has a rocky shore so going barefoot is just not the thing to do. Water is cold and clear. Crayfish are adorable little. things.
      The yarn colors suit the sweater but it is SO cheap that I am not sure the mending will hold. I may needle felt it to be sure.
      And yes the vile nubbins must be zapped. My unckle went into hospital to have all of his nubbins removed at once, in one go, under anesthesia! I can not even imagine how he must have felt a day later!
      I would ask him but he is dead- probably from nubbin removal.

      Delete
  3. Hey, at least your nubs can be handled with liquid nitrogen, wait 'til they require biopsies and Mohs surgery to remove the alien. Ask me how I know........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I am aware of your jolly good time with mohs surgery! EEEEK!

      Delete
  4. Crawfish belong in the mud, not on a plate. Ick.

    I had my annual wellness check last week, got the pneumonia vax. One and done. Eye doc next, then heart doc, then the one with the freeze that shit right off gun. Four docs in 4 weels and three days. Get it all over with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, all in one week's chunk. The freezer gun sure does it's thing well. I went to a dermatologist and they were too timid about it but my doctor , knowing that I have a high threshold for pain, really zaps the nubbins! Get all of the jabs you can before worm brain cancels them all.

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah - the skin check stuff. Mr B got 6 big tags freezed off his back. He couldn't see them or the results but so much better onced healed up. The colours are great - once woven it should last as long as a piece of knitting done in the same yarn - shouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is real wool , just lightly spun- should be OK. I am just doing a botch job of it but that is OK. Not a fashion queen, here!

      Delete
  6. I guess you passed your blood work so well, the doctor felt a need to scrape you up. "well traveled" fits more than "old battered".
    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine is weird- it rained this morning so we can all relax...Put our slimy suits back on and wander around in the dark.

      Delete
  7. The colors of that wool are such that I definitely would use it. The color of the sweater is fantastic too.
    I had no idea you had crayfish in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also- good for you for getting to the doctor!

      Delete
  8. This looks like just loads of fun! I remember an early knitting friend saying "It takes just as much time to knit from good yarn as cheap yarn and it will hold up infinitely better." Works for just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truth, sister! Good quality costling more than two dollars is the way to go. I may haave to start over. or just felt over the mess of cheap wool that got stitched in- anyway the hole is covered.

      Delete