Wednesday, August 26, 2026

more color samples, autumn flowers, Another death and a rebirth

Is 80 the magic number? One day after Dolly died , Tim followed! 

Dammit. 

Yesterday I went to the thrift store and  to Home depot which I have been boycotting due to their idiocy ! Anyway, I dropped in to get more paint samples ,and I must say that BEHR offers more  pure colors than any other plus it is a one coat job.  BUT any company supporting Trump and this fascist state can do without my dollar. Samples are free.

Here are the samples , the bright ones in the middle are BEHR. The top larger sheets are Glidden, lifeless and flat  but good for a garage door maybe. 

The flowers and trees at Home depot are gorgeous. Change of season, mums and sunflowers , abundant and plump. I will not give them my coin though. As I was rifling through the color samples, taking two at a time to use in crafts. A woman asked me if I needed help- "Oh, no thank you, I can manage..."Was I intimidated or shamed, no, I was not!

At the thrift store (senior day/30% off) I bought a Icle Pickle one-handed magic bag for $3.00 The bag is made of good quality velvet and wood with a wire thumb switch to do the magic. It came with a few tricks- silk squares of every color, large and small- a whole spoon and a half spoon and two playing cards that will magically change from KING of diamonds  to QUEEN of diamonds. It must have not been used much- in perfect condition. 

autumn at depot.





There was a stack of 1954 and 56 Bellingham Heralds, old new papers when news papers were a thing. (thrift store) The pages are huge, the ads are huge, the funnies are not funny and the social page is hilarious. 

" Mrs. Higgen, of 312 Forest street, hosted a monthly bridge club in her beautifully decorated home. She served Jello Supreme  including berries from her garden,  on her mother's china brought from Austria, coffee/tea and a log roll. In attendance  were."...(listed the women)

Grace Kelly leaves the USA for Monaco  and her wedding to the Prince. "Prince Rainier expects her to abandon her acting career" 
 

OMG, you guys-  The old one eyed auntie came to the deck with her three in tow plus THE Baby that lost its arm!!! WHAT?  I can not believe it!! That baby's arm has healed into a fine stump. I thought for sure it was dead as the mother has come these past few days toting only three of her offspring and NOT the injured baby!  WOW look at that! Clean as a whistle that amputation, fur growing and wound sealed. 

I watched her picking up chicken and grapes like a pro. Healthy and hardy. 

 So overjoyed -lump in my throat and something  likened to  welling tears in my eyes ( but that could just be my wonky vision)!   LOOK!!!



Her Mom did it! I swear Raccoon Moms are the BEST and the aunties that take the load off for a while. Raccoons are miracles of nature, they are!

Ok then, I can quit moping around and celebrate- I will also celebrate the life of Tim - My all time favorite Doctor!


 Cheers everyone!


 

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Also overjoyed about the baby! All the miracles, please. It’s been a gut kicking couple of days.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- the lil Stumpy is in fine condition after that horrible injury- I want a raccoon mom next life time!! They are the best!

      Delete
  2. RIP Dolly and Tim. You will be missed and long remembered. What does come to mind is that Joanne is in good company. At least there is that.
    Baby raccoon looks terrific. The injury looked so serious, and it is truly a miracle that the darling baby has healed and recovered nicely.
    The Behr color swatches are vibrant and cheerful. Beautiful colors.
    Your thrift store must clear-out houses. The selection is really something. Newspaper dating back to the 50's shows how much content has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have estate sales and what does not go for the big bucks at them, ends up in the thrift store! Sometimes it is amazing all at once! Difficult to catch and release...I have too much stuff as do we all. The newspaper is really fun to read. It covers everything better than the internet! Two full pages covering weddings and births!

      Delete
  3. The Baby survived!! That's such great news. The colour samples are a rainbow feast for my eyes. And those flowers at Home Depot are glorious. Sorry to hear about Tim Curry, but I have no tears left after crying for Dolly Parton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little raccoon looks fabulous ! Using its stump like a hand without fingers. Clever little thing. So Happy!!!

      Delete
  4. My daughter just called to remind me how I taught her to dance the Time Warp ("and a step to the left ...") when she was a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool of you! My little kids watched it on video over and over and over again , with baby bottles still in hand. LOVED !!!

      Delete
  5. Glen and I used Behr paint years ago for our kitchen's cabinets. That paint never really set somehow. The surface remained a little soft and it was hard to clean. And this was marketed for kitchens. Glen, who'd painted for a living for some time was vastly pissed off. He still bitches about it. So- there's that.
    The color was pretty though. An extremely bright blue.
    See? I thought that baby raccoon would be fine. I wonder if Mama Coon spit has magical healing abilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe different climates affect the paint , don't know , I have never used BEHR but a friend has and he will use nothing but. The color variety is enticing! Since that little raccoon had not shown up for weeks I though sure it had died especially with that sort of horrific injury! But Mother Raccoon with her magic proved me wrong...again!!!

      Delete
    2. Good to know about the BEHR paint though I don't think we have it here.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe baby Stumpy. That is a bloody miracle. Amazing. And the magic bag sounds fun -- you'll have a ball with that and the little ones. Boo on Home Depot and Hobby Lobby too -- won't go to either. Sigh -- Tim Curry -- they're dropping like flies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne and Tim, no surprise, we had been warned...but Dolly took the wind out of the world's sails! She kept her illness top secret.
      Good for you for boycotting the evil stores!!

      Delete
  7. I wonder did mom bite off the protruding bone? I guess the rehab people were right, let mom take care of it. I won't set foot in Home Depot. Fortunately there is a Lowe's in the same area.

    Tim died same day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel badly about taking the paint samples from Depot, Damned maga effs!

      Delete
  8. omg, such a build up here. Paint samples, then beautiful flowers, thrift store newspapers, and the RETURN of Stump Baby! Mom of the year!
    Tim Curry - loved him in The Wild Thornberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint samples are thrilling to me! such rich color is food for my dim vision! Sorry that the flowers are from eveil Depot , p;oor things...
      Yes Mom of the year, So pleased about her child !!!

      Delete
  9. Glorious colour - your remaining vision must thrive on it. That newspaper social is just hilarious (you didn't make that up did you?)

    ReplyDelete