Thursday, May 11, 2023

Green , leaf window, marvelous Flora

Green leaves are unfolding. Tender spring, everything looks delicious. The little rabbit in the front yard looked delicious to something, dog, coyote, hawk- something.  I counted seven flies dining, took a photo but am pretty sure you do not want to have that in your memory bank. So, instead, here are finches at the feeder.
 
And a well contented raccoon drinking from my brownie pan in the glorious sunshine. Sunshine changes everything! The zucchini plants have grown 2 inches in two days. Zucchini and radishes, the most encouraging plants for  an impatient gardener...

The basement looks mighty festive - Rhodies in bloom,  plump fern.

I noticed this as I walked by the  downstairs window.
An errant leaf stuck to the glass with a perfect little peep hole for zeroing in on the falling down fence.


Someone ought to wash the basement windows. They are , as you can see, spotty and sticky enough to capture a leaf. 

I  have window washing equipment, washed windows for pin money, at one point, but of course all has been lost in the recesses of the mystery garage.  

For years there has been the absolute worst stench coming from the garage, especially when the sun heats everything . Combination of something dead, petrol, poop , 4 day old diapers, sulfur,  rot, lethal  chemicals nauseating and eye watering. "What the hell is that?" I would ask every year. I would have searched but I have no idea what is in there and it is dangerous and if I start tossing stuff around  to find whatever, I am disrupting one egocentric's idea of order. 

Finally , his nose perked up and he went through the underbelly of hoarded shite- found  killer chemicals , bottle broken and spilled  and a gas can that had rusted through -the toxicity   of that combo was everywhere. Deadly, probably... there is still a lingering odor but do-able. Hoarders are  mildly irritating , dangerous probably, difficult always.



The sun shining has caused shadows and interesting lights thrown around the wall. 

It is like a whole new world!

Supposed to be a dry hot summer  so it is good that we have had  much rain and snow as a buffer. Forest fires becoming a yearly threat.

Most people do not have air conditioning up here,  never been needed before, but now is essential. Another thing to acclimate to. On we go.  But for now, the sun is a wondrous thing. Vitamin D and warmth, through air void of  moist grey fog obscuring  edges and  vision, WOW.  Sun is miraculous!



Spring is  Baby bear's porridge, just right.  Rhodies  blooming large. Every spring I say in astonishment, "This is the best year ever for Rhodies!" I would also say "How lucky we are", but y'all know how we pay for it in the long dark winter of our discontent...spring comes just in time- we snap out of it - become glad, less suicidal.

Leaving you with some  measure of delight - Our most clever darling with  alpaca. Blossoming, Flora Jane full blown toddler, marvelous infant growing to be the most awesome little individual.  God, she is smart! We are in awe. Her parents are so damned cool. Skills!

Flora at work...
woof woof.




22 comments:

  1. Scrolled pretty fast through these photos today -need to be elsewhere but couldn't resist a quick peak. Love them all...flowers, colors, sweet things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much beauty here! And of course, Flora is the most beautiful, her light shines from within her and she takes it with her everywhere she goes. I know that y'all must absolutely love spring beyond anything I can even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is so beautiful there. I love that you are going to have a nice warm sunshiny summer. I'm hoping for that here, but so far it's been grey and cool. Flora is absolutely adorable in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it stays "just right", we are OK with that. too warm/hot is never doable.

      Delete
  4. Everything you've written of here (with the exception of the horrible odor!) is just delightful! Lovely, lovely photos. Flora Jane is a beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! spring pulls out all the stops! Our deck is a riot of color, flowers gone crazy wild!!

      Delete
  5. I am dumbstruck by your rhododendrons. In spite of many efforts, at two different houses, I never succeeded. Flora glows equally bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rhocies are like they found steroids or something! Huge flowers and are so healthy fromn the gallons of rain we have had. Everything is happy at the moment. Summer is supposed to be , um, less amazing. Crispy!

      Delete
  6. Well, poop, just deleted my entire comment. Here goes again. We are really hoping we don't get a summer like last year, there were many days over 100 degrees. When we were searching the internet for a house, search criteria contained "air conditioning" and happy we were about that. I think tomorrow we're going to uncover the outside a/c unit. Flora is as adorable and smart as ever. I did wonder if Dennis has taken any steps to evacuate the gas fumes from the garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weather gods have declared a hot dry summer dammit.

      Delete
  7. That's your basement? Down here we call that the ground floor and your deck would be a balcony on the upstairs. With spilled chemicals etc you're lucky none of it caught fire!
    Flora is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fire was likely , still is, stacked to the ceiling with cardboard boxes! Ground floor makes more sense actually. A basement is usually under ground.

      Delete
  8. Fiddleheads, flowers, Flora and your critters. SO much to love here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alliteration always attracts , like a melody. thanks Jeanie

      Delete
  9. You have such a good eye for catching marvelous photos! (Thanks for the non-rabbit)
    I read a book written by a modern day witch. The book was not very memorable, but I do remember her saying that "demons" hide in clutter. Be careful of the garage demons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there be demons alright! Fire demons me thinks!

      Delete
  10. Oh I love the rhodies! my azaleas haven't bloomed but for a few flowers in three years thanks to climate change that sends arctic freezes down here just when they are setting buds.

    my husband was a hoarder of sorts, no big garage full of who the hell knows what but stuff enough here and there. would not throw anything away. so I took matters in my own hands, one thing a week went in the trash. he never noticed anything gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His stuff, his responsibility and i sure would not not want anyone to toss my art supplies out without me knowing. He knows what he has in there, I think. He has managed to give some of it away but oh lord, not enough that is fo sho!

      Delete
    2. I only got rid of stuff that would never ever even be considered to use again or to be useful.

      Delete