Saturday, May 13, 2023

freezing swim day, fish and flowers

A day that could not have been better! Our favorite Mother and sister mom to be soon enough- met Kim and I (grannies) at the restaurant above the pier for a Mother's day celebration- we are  amazing, if you are asking. Growing an entire human in our small frames- bones shifting, organs shifting, bodies changing utterly beyond recognition, to be  portals to usher beings into earth zone. Oh yeah!  To be a female on this planet gets all of the kudos. If no one is there to appreciate this amazing feat then we, mothers, will.  I am duly impressed with how our two girls are mothering, are  being, so present, wise and strong!
 
The koi welcomed us , blew a few bubbles. they are so friendly, like little puppies wiggling curiously to see if maybe you might have something for them.







After lunch/breakfast, which the girls bought !!! We exchanged flowers and went for a little walk down to Taylor's dock where sunshine life, with very little clothing, was happening as though people had never experienced sun before! 

Kids on the outside of the  pier's barrier , jumping from a great height into the 50 degree freezing bay!  Swimming over to the floating dock, walking up the ramp and doing it all again. and again. 

Brains not yet fully developed, you understand.


The young lad with his folks watching, jumped a couple of times - There he is - still alive, in the unfriendly water. Mother's wince- and then Emily tells us that, yes indeed, she had jumped from the pier into the freezing sound at three o'clock in the morning, darker and colder than anyone can imagine - probably fueled by some sort of "beverage".... Dear lord, I am glad I do not know all of the things...
There goes another girl, SPLOOSH!
These lads all jumped at once, a running leap.

Once on the floating dock things sort of settle down.

Some are sunbathing, catching their breath.


And some insist that the water is inviting- in they go, bloody hell!



So begins summer, I guess. And the days of crazy shenanigans for the young and insane. Mother's need not know everything....please.

Mr. Man went south with his buddy today to a radio swap meet. He brought home an antenna , put it together so that he can finally call home? I dunno. Radio geekery.


This little bouquet is from Kim's garden, smells divine! Allergies are kicking in. Eyes itchy and red, vertigo- so annoying. I took a benadryl because I bought the wrong antihistamine, Benadryl is crap, brain fog, snoozy, feels weird. Better than vertigo  any day- but not ideal.

Bouquet from the girls,  the loveliest I have ever received, sorry that I could not do it justice with my phone camera. Sorry that I can not keep it forever. Such a wonderful day! 

If you are a Mom, congratulations for being so damned awesome!! I leave you with a handsome fish bubble in appreciation. Bloop!



18 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to all!
    I understand the lure of water, spent most of my childhood in the sea, but even here in Hot Australia I can't swim in the springtime, it has to be summer, the water is too cold before then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sea here is very cold all of the time,even when the sun has had some practice frying the earth. So, the water could and probably will save us from boiling.

      Delete
  2. Well, this all just looks like the very, very best Mother's Day ever. Such gorgeous photos!
    And you are so right about women. We are fucking amazing and that's all there is to it.
    Those children! How can they be so brave and sturdy?
    Well. They just are.
    Happy Mother's Day, Linda Sue. You deserve all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when it comes down to gender- without doubt the female of this species is far superior and can do everything plus make another human! Remarkable , oh yes! Even a shitty mother acts as a portal to get a new human on board for at least a stab at life. Erik phoned this morning- "happy one day out of the year, Mom"....

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! The flowers are so lovely. Sounds like a wonderful day spent surrounded by love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous day. GORGEOUS flowers (love that tulip at the top) and how fun to be in the water again. Soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tulip is the prettiest girl of the bunch. Beware of icy waters- can fool you!

      Delete
  5. I grew up living on the water in Puget Sound, (Bainbridge Island) the water temperature only varies about 4-5 degrees a year, always cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Washington Department of Resources has been putting out tweets about how cold the water remains, and the danger of the gasp reflex when you hit said cold water. Kids have different internal thermometers than I do. Those are beautiful flowers, especially the tulip. Loved the koi bubble. So - happy Mother's day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kids brains are not yet connected to reality so...win some lose some. Scary time for parents.

      Delete
  7. I took all mom's grands to see both oceans, the A and the P. My niece said to me when we were at the Pacific, "It's as cold as the Atlantic!" I felt badly for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up here it is freezing! Down yonder it is bathwater. I think that sunshine has a lot to do with it , and white sand as opposed to rocks.

      Delete
  8. kids do not feel cold like we do. give them time and they will be standing watching those crazy kids jump in the cold water. happy M day to you. down here I needn't jump in any water to be wet from being outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do live in heat! I suppose heat is good sometimes- like in the dead of winter...

      Delete
  9. I'm under the influence of Benadryl today. It puts me in a semi coma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy late late Mother's Day. Those kids are nuts, and yes, it's best that mom's don't know everything that goes on.

    ReplyDelete