Saturday, April 15, 2023

we lost our Henry

About four weeks ago a body washed ashore by the dock, by the bench where Henry always sat being pleasant and friendly.  Henry's Bench. We walked by his bench yesterday. Cops have still not caught the monster who shot Henry multiple times at 4:00am while Henry slept in the park that he called home.  Lovely unassuming guy, never taking money unless he could trade a baseball card for it. Little kids loved him. I loved him, everyone did.
 

The battle for gun reform continues but you know the gun lobby owns the GOP and most of congress. Screaming second amendment rights  twisted into their own  sick and insane version of "guns for everyone, no responsibility no understanding no training no anything".Bang Bang Shoot Shoot- happiness......

My friend wrote this book about a man, a "shooting gentleman", who bred hunting dogs and did very well in his lifetime understanding  gun and dog. I am conflicted as I have never been a fan of shooting live things for the hell of it. His was "sport and science" though birds must have thought it was not especially sporty. Gun is a  tool which all country folk need in this vast land. Thought of misuse or cruelty  would never ever occur. ( well, except for the birds and bunnies, maybe)

I get it. Anyway my friend is an excellent writer and she did tell his story very well.

but....Umurka you gone done lost your fugging mind! Washington state is trying to make headway. *here*.



-0-

In the yard, the petals have fallen like the celebratory  aftermath of an afternoon wedding!  I hung the needlefelted flowers on the tree to show a friend, and the petals showed up in the background all  party polka dotty.

I bought more tulips and baby's breath for the orphans and the blind bear.  Flowers are abundant at the moment, thus the display of love at Henry's bench. Fresh ones added daily.

My friend sent a photo of the box of tiny dollies that she found in California in the sun, which had melted  in an interesting way....
She arranged them in her wagon of shrooms and moss, to live out their little melted plastic lives  on the counter, being admired by all who see.

There is also a melted giraffe in there for them to ride when they get tired of peering out at the big world. 

One of the dollys is  named  Henry, He has a place of honor and can ride the giraffe any time he wants- he gets first dibs and will be kept safe with his chums, in the soft moss, in a wagon, on the counter, forevermore. 

21 comments:

  1. Shot multiple times while sleeping in the park. The mindset of people who do this sort of thing completely baffles me. WHY??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is no reason other than humans tend to be the cruelest life form on the planet.

      Delete
  2. americans and their guns. not all of us but too many. insane. totally ignore the well regulated part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. humans have failed , basic selfish- entitled -war- like creatures...

      Delete
  3. And fairly soon in Florida every short-dicked man in the state will be carrying a gun without a permit because of Ron DeSatan and the other Republican knuckle-dragging, paranoid, Christian shitheads.
    Poor Henry. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida, oh please, take a day off! Idiotic does not even come close!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Linda Sue... I haven't been commenting but must leave a note for Henry here. What a senseless, piteous loss. I am so sorry for your empty bench, empty but for flowers and tributes (did you make that one?).

    I reel, seeing everyday gun violence in my city.
    Humans are bad enough with sticks and knives, who ever thought we needed more efficient tools of death? Had they never met a human?

    On a lighter note--the Orphans in their summer dresses! I cannot get enough of them.
    And those melty dolls----OMG----TREASURE!!!! What a find, I am soooo jealous of your friend... But how well she has made a doll terrarium for the wounded, to live in peace.
    Would we could do that for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry - it is the saddest happening in the world...this country is the saddest in the world. Give a human anything at all ( a knee?) and it will be weaponized against the other but guns, PLEASE, insane! _ I have missed you!

      Delete
  5. America is gun-crazy. It's utterly insane how many people die of gun violence in this country. I am so sorry for Henry. I just wish it would all f**king stop. Enough already. ENOUGH! Thank you for balancing the violent madness with adorable dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is no where to run no where to hide, unless it is out of this country altogether - even that is not particularly safe, with the out of control violence and insanity within the human species. Humans were/are a terrible mistake for a lovely planet.

      Delete
  6. My God, what an absolute horror. I hate what this country has become. Every day there is yet another senseless shooting, and the "thoughts & prayers" crowd mumble something about "My Freedom" and nothing changes. Poor, poor Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a horrendously disturbing ending for Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sad. I wonder if Henry had any idea during his lifetime of how many people would miss him and turn his bench into a garden. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did the bastids wake Henry before they shot him? Sadly, there is no place in hell for them, just a probably less eventful death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who knows...I do know that days earlier some one pooped in his food bag- times like these one wished that there is hell for humans like that.

      Delete
  10. Karen Frances here, LS. Crying and sighing over the shockingly violent loss of Henry. My daughter and I were talking about him for quite awhile the other night. She wonders what she will tell her young son about Henry's death. They often talked with him on their way down to her son's favorite beach play spot. Yes, we abhor gun culture. Unfortunately, not everyone in the young'n's life feels the same. Lots to deal with these days. It seems the melty-celluloid-dolls were appropriately saved to a lush environment for the rest of their days. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete